Shaymin-EX, Swampert-EX, Winona, and More from 'Emerald Break!' [2/13]

Maserati777 said:
They could have chose Flying Pokemon that haven't been made into Full Art Ex's as well?

Pigeot, Dodrio, Aerodactyl, Zapdos, Moltres, Crobat Altaria, Tropius, Salamence(Dragon/Flying), Vespiquen, Togekiss, Sigilyph, Talonflame...

Maybe they want to make legendary ex's again, maybe the current sets aren't selling as well with just regular pokemon as ex's.

In that case Zapdos and Moltres still apply.

That makes sense. It would also make sense if these cards are made as half arts in this set as well. So far the half arts we've seen are all colourless. That can't be the case for all pokemon cards with Delta traits. All the pokemon as you mentioned are flying type, so it's still 100% possible that any of them can come in half art but not as colourless but rather their other types originally found in TCG. I think with the artwork for Unfezant and Swellow, it would be great to have a Hawlucha card with trait as well, Hawlucha being one of my favourite pokemon.

I didn't like Plasma EX cards when they came out, including the legendary ones.

Edit: Just realized this set only contains 78 cards only without the secret rares which is a shame because I think it could easily be better than Primal Clash, which it could still do even with 78.
Edit 2: Come to think of it the other ancient trait cards might just be Pelipper and Xatu maybe they gave a hint there with the cards they evolve from.

DevinTheWelf said:
I'ma say it. 4x Swampert EX and 56 water energy. Almost always dish out 200 damage, and laugh your ass off while doing it. #NewMeta

Seems legit. I'mma have to try it. :p

Reggie McGigas said:
Blui said:
what. This card is not only amazing, it's exactly what we've been wanting for a LONG time: Pokemon based draw. Trust me on this, Shaymin will be a $30 card and at least a one-of in every deck

It has a good ability but if you use catcher or another switching card it's an easy two prize cards. The attack is decent because it complements the ability but 30 damage for a DCE isn't going to KO anything anytime soon

Things like that couldn't, and won't, stop people from playing Jirachi-EX or this new Shaymin. It's a high-risk, high-reward card. And if you attempt to kill that in the early stages of the game instead of a potential attacker your opponent is building, then your gaming thinking isn't the best.

HA559 said:
Wow this set is already better than Primal Clash.

The new stadium card, it can work in your favour when it is no longer in play? You can discard the pokemon cards which have taken heavy damage without giving your opponent a prize card?

This stadium adds a lot of cool possibilities, like the one you mentioned! However, the card does not say who discards first. I think this information is really relevant.

Does any one know if there is a rule enforcing that when Skyfield is replaced/destroyed which player should remove his or her exceeding Pokémon first?

Just noticed the Togekiss line in this set. Despite the joy of having a colorless Shaymin EX and a colorless Skarmory I hope this line is fairy because we don't have this line in the card game yet. I actually had the same thought last night that Thundurus EX could be colorless...but maybe not, it could just as easily be electric too. Have to wait and see

I too would have preferred non-plasma cards of the legendaries, specifically Lugia and the therians, as well as Genesect.

This set might be good for collectors depending on what they do. I have to say I like the colorless Shaymin EX and will be getting it. I can't say the same thing for another grass type Shaymin EX unless it had been the original forme. Likewise the only reason I'll get Latios EX (non full art) is if it's psychic, if it's dragon then I probably won't worry too much about it and it's the same thing with the dragon Rayquaza since we got one of those already. If Gallade EX is a psychic type I probably won't worry too much about it since we have one already. This is also why I like the colorless Skarmory because we don't have it, another steel one has almost no appeal to me and the only reason I have a non-FA of Skarmory EX from XY is from a pack, I didn't go out of my way for it. Keep in mind of course this statement is based on my collectiong preferences and won't apply to every collector.

Rest assured at some point we will most likely have full arts of Pigeot, Aerodactyl, Altaria and Salamence in some form due to the mega evolution thing. Can't make that guarantee about the others though.

^Genesect made perfect sense as a Plasma card... I'd have been surprised if it wasn't... Lugia on the other hand though...

I'm not sure I agree that Genesect made sense as a plasma card. Not that it really matters in the long run as what's done is done. What about the Thundurus and Tornadus Therian as plamsa Pokemon, did that make sense?

Furn said:
Maserati777 said:
Why is there another Shaymin Ex? It's a shame this set has so many duplicate Ex's.

Because it's a set heavily based on the skies and flying.

But why Shaymin? We could have gotten a much more original EX such as Sigilyph EX or Talonflame EX. Even a Yanmega EX would be better.

Because Shaymin is a legendary. At least that's my opinion. I agree it could have been Talonflame EX. I wouldn't want a Yanmega EX or Sigilyph EX though. I undestand the idea of a more original Pokemon but I don't really want those last two as EX's.

I hope that if Thundurus EX will be Colorless, at least have a "Delta Ancient Trait" or Ability that let it be Electric and Colorless type (like the Lucario of Plasma Storm) with an Electric Energy.

It would be an interesting card i think, an "Electric" Pokémon with Fighting resistance.

Gruffling said:
Rhesis said:
It would be an interesting card i think, an "Electric" Pokémon with Fighting resistance.

Zapdos and Emolga.

Ok, but i think that they arent good cards (the EXs, Emolga "Call for family" is useful), with this "hypothetical" Thundurus EX, we can have another chance. Moreover, Zapdos EX will be out in September.

I know that is a little nonsense, because for that is easier make a Thundurus EX Lightning type and give it an useful ability, but...all the Thundurus we have, are Lightning type, it would be nice to change.

In this set we have also a regular Zapdos, we'll see how it ends up being.

I actually kind of hope Thundurs EX is still lightning. I mean I know it focuses on the sky, hence the colorless cards like Shaymin EX and Skarmory, but lightning is still from the sky. So either way there is hope.

How do we know Zapdos EX will be out in September?

I meant artwise, I don't know what the cards do. If they have to redo ex's I'd rather they redo ex's from Next Destinies since those are usually warped now/also the cards aren't that high quality, Mewtwo should definitely be redone for example.

I listed the bird Pokemon because someone said Shaymin and Thundurus were included because they needed flying Pokemon for ex's... They could have easily replaced Shaymin and Thundurus with Zapdos and Moltres.

Or they could redo Pokemon that had the giant plasma symbol on the cards, mostly just Lugia so that would be my first candidate or only candidate for a remake from the Plasma sets. I thought the point of the ex's was to make new ones and give every Pokemon a chance to get one. Not release a bunch of legendaries, then release a bunch of random Pokemon, then go back and remake all the old legendaries...but skip a handful of legendaries, Zapdos, Moltres, Suicune, the Regi's, Arceus.

I still have no idea why they released Tornadus in Dark Explorers and again in Plasma Freeze, I know they are different versions but they only released two versions of Tornadus. And then they only released 4 full arts in Plasma Storm. And only 5 in Plasma Blast. The choices for full arts don't make much sense.

Looking at the full list of cards I think I'll just look for a full art Gallade and full art Hydreigon online and buy those. Definitely won't be buying multiple packs searching for them, too expensive. I wonder when the next set comes out...

No, they don't make much sense on full arts. Just look at Articuno EX as opposed to Zapdos and Moltres EX. I am sure however the Mewtwo will eventually be done since we have a M. Mewtwo X and M. Mewtwo Y coming at some point, and Mewtwo is just too popular to be done as a premium collection without full arts.

Ignoring the full art portion of the equation, we did have Zapdos and Moltres as EX cards in one of the plasma sets, which came after Next Destinies grass Shaymin EX. For that reason I think Shaymin was due a remake before the any of the legendary birds.

I would argue that despite the same name, when Tornadus was made originally it was the oringial form and Plasma Freeze gave us the Therian forme, ie two different Pokemon despite the same name. So if they release the original form of Thundurus here than that would be kind of the same as making a new EX Pokemon. If however they release the therian forme then yes, I would agree it seems like a waste.

It is true It'd be nice to see Suicune or the two regis we never got in recent memory as EX's as opposed to ones who have recently gotten one. In this regard though I think that makes Thundurus and Landorus almost as excluded as the others were from past sets, and now it seems as if one of those Pokemon are getting that oversight corrected. If anything it would be nice if that meant Suicune, Regice and Regirock would soon have this oversight corrected soon.

Arcues to an extent also falls under the above category but at the moment I'd be just as happy to see a dragon and fairy version of Arceus. Really Arceus is probably the most neglected out of all the legendaries as we haven't seen one since the end of the DPPt era with the last (admittedly self titled) release.

Everything I listed related to full arts, since I collect I don't really care about the regular ex's. So I don't really count Zapdos and Moltres as having ex's since they don't have full arts yet.

I thought maybe there was a connection, we got Entei/Raikou/Articuno, but not Moltres/Zapdos/Suicune.

To be honest I wouldn't mind seeing them remake any of the popular Pokemon from Dark Explorers, Next Destinies or Plasma Storm since those sets are the hardest to find/oldest and the singles are too expensive. Well mainly just Mewtwo, Darkrai and Lugia.

I'd love to see a full art Lugia EX in the psychic type form.

I guess alot of it just goes to how people collect. My full arts are seperate from my cardex. So yeah there are technically a lot of holes in the FA part and most of those will never be filled. That also means for me that there are holes in the cardex, and they're not Zapdos and Moltres (both in EX Plasma though I wish otherwise on that one in fact I would prefer all of my Pokemon in there not to be team owned or trainer owned but with just their names which I want a ground Aggron line without Team Magma in the name) but more like the aforementioned colorless Shaymin sky forme or a regular forme Thundurus or the now non existent psychic Latios EX. It's for that reason I'd rather see entirely new EX ones like Suicune or Regice than just updated ones like dragon Latios.

I guess it's to each their own, and honestly no set will make everyone happy.

I like what we have so far. The Shaymin EX is good and will definatly be at least a one of in most decks. The mega turbo just made M EX's so much better. I like skyfield and I am already thinking about potential decks to work with this card.

Back