Shaymin-EX, Swampert-EX, Winona, and More from 'Emerald Break!' [2/13]

Would that be the card official artworks of Salamence and Togekiss? If so, Togekiss' is very, very nice (and colourful).

Yeah, those are the card's actual artwork. The Japanese booster boxes always show a few.

Kind of surprised by the large amount of Colourless Pokés; not only Rayquaza but now Shaymin and Skarmory, too. I guess it makes them a bit more viable, but it's an interesting design choice. You'd think that a set that's focusing on Flying-types would want to have as many non-Colourless types as they could to spread out the types since a lot of the regular Flying-types default to Colourless anyway.

I'm going to assume Thundrus EX is colorless.

Also, making another Shaymin card is idiotic. The first one sucked and this one isn't much better. That's like making a colorless Emolga EX in Pokemon Z's second set.

Right so Blaziken-EX is out of Roaring Skies then. I'm predicting Hoenn starter EX tins, Japan will probably announce a Sceptile-EX sometime soon. That would interestingly make the tin EXs unique and not re-prints.

Reggie McGigas said:

Also, making another Shaymin card is idiotic. The first one sucked and this one isn't much better. That's like making a colorless Emolga EX in Pokemon Z's second set.

what. This card is not only amazing, it's exactly what we've been wanting for a LONG time: Pokemon based draw. Trust me on this, Shaymin will be a $30 card and at least a one-of in every deck

Why is there another Shaymin Ex? It's a shame this set has so many duplicate Ex's. Not a good set for collectors, too much filler. I'm not really a fan of Mega Rayqyaza either so I will probably not be collecting this set.

On the other hand the set does have some good full art supporters potential with Steven and Winona

Maserati777 said:
Why is there another Shaymin Ex? It's a shame this set has so many duplicate Ex's. Not a good set for collectors, too much filler. I'm not really a fan of Mega Rayqyaza either so I will probably not be collecting this set.

On the other hand the set does have some good full art supporters potential with Steven and Winona

That reason is keeping me on the fence as well (the duplicate Ex's). I think i'll just grab my favourite cards from this set and put them in my small binder with my favourite cards from primal clash.

'Dragon Ascent: 300 damage. Unknown effect, but probably blows up the table.'

You're killing me, WPM.

I'ma say it. 4x Swampert EX and 56 water energy. Almost always dish out 200 damage, and laugh your ass off while doing it. #NewMeta

Blui said:
Reggie McGigas said:

what. This card is not only amazing, it's exactly what we've been wanting for a LONG time: Pokemon based draw. Trust me on this, Shaymin will be a $30 card and at least a one-of in every deck

It has a good ability but if you use catcher or another switching card it's an easy two prize cards. The attack is decent because it complements the ability but 30 damage for a DCE isn't going to KO anything anytime soon

Maserati777 said:
Why is there another Shaymin Ex? It's a shame this set has so many duplicate Ex's.

Because it's a set heavily based on the skies and flying.

Considering that this set wants to try and go towards Flying Legendaries, they could have easily swapped Shaymin-EX and Thundurus-EX for Ho-oh and Lugia. It's been a while since we've seen those 2 in the same set together, and this would make up for their awful LEGEND cards.

We've already had EXes of Ho-Oh and Lugia too, though, so it's not like swapping them in instead of Shaymin/Thundurus would be any different.

Clearly the problem is that PCL just keeps shoving too many legendaries at us instead of regular Pokémon. :p

... I was kind of half-joking with that last statement, but it really does look like the only non-legendary EXes we'll be getting are Gallade and Hydreigon. faceaplm.jpg

Wow this set is already better than Primal Clash.

The new stadium card, it can work in your favour when it is no longer in play? You can discard the pokemon cards which have taken heavy damage without giving your opponent a prize card?

They could have chose Flying Pokemon that haven't been made into Full Art Ex's as well?

Pigeot, Dodrio, Aerodactyl, Zapdos, Moltres, Crobat Altaria, Tropius, Salamence(Dragon/Flying), Vespiquen, Togekiss, Sigilyph, Talonflame...

Maybe they want to make legendary ex's again, maybe the current sets aren't selling as well with just regular pokemon as ex's. Maybe instead of making Malamar and Sharpedo into full arts they should chose cool Pokemon. :/

In that case though Zapdos and Moltres still apply. A Lugia without the ugly Plasma symbol would be cool also.

Not to say new full arts of Shaymin and Rayquaza won't be cool, the originals are from old sets and Next Destinies' full arts are kind of bad. I think Dragons Exalted has nice full arts though so I am happy with Rayquaza and Ho-Oh. It would be nice though to get a Thundurus Ex without that ugly Plasma symbolas well. But I'd prefer a new Lugia over Thundurus.

Am I in the DPT era again? These cards are incredible! I feel so nostalgic and excited to start playing pokemon again. This is amazing. PTCG finally looks like it's getting its act together and adding some more depth and strategy to the game with all these possibilities it's giving us. Deck building is going to be vital going into these next couple sets. I'M SO READY!

Back