Several 'Dream League' Cards Revealed, Including Special Full Arts!

Pokenerd

Aspiring Trainer
I'll skip cards that I've already reviewed or cards I think are not competitively viable.

The new Sneasel I think is now the optimal Sneasel in dark box. Agility can stall if you get a slow start.

Wishiwashi is a wall. 180hp and an ability that shuffles it away makes that clear. Stall will be mostly unplayable after rotation. I don't think it will find a spot in Quagnag. 130 Damage for 3 energy is fine. Not good or bad but there are better non Gx Water attackers including Quag itself. I don't think it's competitively viable but it is worth a mention.

Weezing has the same ability as Koffing. Now considering that you can play 8 of that ability I think that somewhat boosts Roxie's viability. I feel like you wouldn't even use Unb Weezing now. You would just use other spreads like the new Psychic Blacephalon.

Seismitoad is almost good. Smooth over saw play but Toad is a stage 2. It's attack can hit numbers but it's a slow stage 2. You could use Spiritomb, or you could play Magma's secret lab (I think that's what it's called) to damage your bench. Rainbow Energy damages and covers the Fighting Energy. But there is still one Problem. 3 Colorless Energy. You could use Tae or dce. The Dce route is clunky though. Don't forget about expanded fighting support. Korrina, Strong energy, etc. (I am probably overeating this card tbh)

Edit: Maxie is banned.

Last edited:

Errffy Jones

Aspiring Trainer
Lol anybody else get the sense PokemonTCG is limping to the finish line of this series? This could have been such a cool set, but it just feels lackluster. Here's to hoping Alter Genesis can save the day

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
I'll skip cards that I've already reviewed or cards I think are not competitively viable.

The new Sneasel I think is now the optimal Sneasel in dark box. Agility can stall if you get a slow start.

Wishiwashi is a wall. 180hp and an ability that shuffles it away makes that clear. Stall will be mostly unplayable after rotation. I don't think it will find a spot in Quagnag. 130 Damage for 3 energy is fine. Not good or bad but there are better non Gx Water attackers including Quag itself. I don't think it's competitively viable but it is worth a mention.

Weezing has the same ability as Koffing. Now considering that you can play 8 of that ability I think that somewhat boosts Roxie's viability. I feel like you wouldn't even use Unb Weezing now. You would just use other spreads like the new Psychic Blacephalon.

Seismitoad is almost good. Smooth over saw play but Toad is a stage 2. It's attack can hit numbers but it's a slow stage 2. What is the issue? A slow stage 2. What is the Solution? Expanded Maxie's. You could use Spiritomb, or you could play Magma's secret lab (I think that's what it's called) to damage your bench. Rainbow Energy damages and covers the Fighting Energy. But there is still one Problem. 3 Colorless Energy. You could use Tae or dce. The Dce route is clunky though. Don't forget about expanded fighting support. Korrina, Strong energy, etc. (I am probably overeating this card tbh)

Maxie has been banned for over 5 months.

CynderDarkov

Aspiring Trainer
Lol anybody else get the sense PokemonTCG is limping to the finish line of this series? This could have been such a cool set, but it just feels lackluster. Here's to hoping Alter Genesis can save the day
Really? I mean Remix Bout is so-so, but this 1/3 of Dream League is very nice.

SupStar

Aspiring Trainer
Where's my Sunflora GX! Make it immune to fire types so I don't keep getting every game against people using the same 3 Charizard / Blacephelon decks. Alternatively make its ability "While this is your active pokemon, prevent the effects of any Trainer card or Ability that attaches Fire energy to any pokemon

Errffy Jones

Aspiring Trainer
Really? I mean Remix Bout is so-so, but this 1/3 of Dream League is very nice.
After giving it some thought that was probably harsh on my part. I do wish they had made Erica's Vileplume GX to be Erica's Vileplume and Bellossom TTGX, but beggers can't be choosers lol

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
So pleased that Sneasel is a Water type and that Palpitoad and Seismitoad are Fighting. Though it is a real shame that Magneton knocks itself out with its Ability. It has a good attack too.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Exeggutor? I don't know her. All I know is Tangrowth

22r3RxK.gif

-PCL about Sunflora

CynderDarkov

Aspiring Trainer
So pleased that Sneasel is a Water type and that Palpitoad and Seismitoad are Fighting. Though it is a real shame that Magneton knocks itself out with its Ability. It has a good attack too.
it's actually a semi-good thing, cause it sets you up with a turn one Lt. Surge's play.

KK-Swizzle

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Reshi-zek is nutso, instant obvious tier 1 deck, probably for the duration of its legality given synergy with fire support and N’s resolve. 5/5

Silvally Gx is good, can pick partners/memory cards to fit the meta, built in draw support on a viable attacker will never not see play. 4/5

Wishiwashi is the best wall stall Pokémon I’ve ever seen, but looks like it’s coming out at the wrong time ... it approximately 37 viable big beat stick decks to contend with, lol. 3/5

Gallade crazy good type coverage, excellent attack, Rosa engine seems like the way to go, finally looks like we might have a good single prize evolution counter deck! 4/5

Rest of the cards look pretty meh to me

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
I'm surprised we didn't play the guessing game earlier lol So I'm calling some of them out now:

Lt Surge: Magneton/Raichu

Flannery: Torkoal

Will: Xatu

Silvally/Type Null: Gladion

Erika: Vileplume/Gloom

Roxie: Koffing

Clay: Excadrill

Jasmine: Steelix

And possibly more

Last edited by a moderator: