Several 'Dream League' Cards Revealed, Including Special Full Arts!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Water Pokémon Master I like Pokemon more than you. :D
    Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster News Head Activities Head Elite Member Advanced Member Member

2. AlphaVoxel a.k.a. Professor Rosewood
    AlphaVoxel

Forum Mod Member

I love the arts on the Silvally/Clefairy!

3. Alpacino TEU Jirachi for trade! See my thread!
    Alpacino

I see some of the supporter name's for Roxie in the Koffing respectively. This set seems to be pushing Pokemon with attacks interacting with supporters? The new Tag Teams do the same with their GX attacks.

On another note, the art in this set is breathtaking...

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  4. Holden Sheeks a.k.a. WinterShorts
    Holden Sheeks

There's quite an oddly huge amount of 5th generation pokemon / trainers on here.

....I love it!

Ev1l likes this.
  5. atlasgcx Aspiring Trainer
    atlasgcx

I think N is floating on zekrom's sholder, pretty weird

edit: I don't N was originally there. It seems that he was added afterwards... miss Arita san already

6. Frost Amethyst AMAB-NB
    Frost

Love the art, not thrilled about all the repeat Pokemon per usual.

Gwen likes this.
  7. TheAquaPiplup I have been playing Glaceon-GX for way too long
    TheAquaPiplup

8. Water Pokémon Master I like Pokemon more than you. :D
    Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster News Head Activities Head Elite Member Advanced Member Member

All translations now up!

cHingggg likes this.
  9. iridoo93 Candy girl
    iridoo93

If there’s anything Pokémon is 100% good at is taking my money! That full art dawn/piplup, acerola/mimikyu, and N everywhere... I NEED THEM :eek:

snoopy369 likes this.
  10. TheAquaPiplup I have been playing Glaceon-GX for way too long
    TheAquaPiplup

Wow piplup and empoleon are good

Silvally looks to be good

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2019
    Holden Sheeks likes this.
  11. blargh257 IT'S BEEN THREE THOUSAND YEARS
    blargh257

these are cool cards man
    empoleon as a weird basic counter
    silvally has octillery ability
    vileplume and excadrill look neat, reshizek could be good w/ naganadel
    fun

12. Frost Amethyst AMAB-NB
    Frost

Interesting that there's a holo Magneton with not much room for a Magnezone to be revealed. Wonder if there's some other card to combo with it like the Clefairy and Doll combo?

Gwen likes this.
  13. TheAquaPiplup I have been playing Glaceon-GX for way too long
    TheAquaPiplup

Vileplume's text is wrong it says stage 1 instead of stage 2

14. PokeCollector21 Aspiring Trainer
    PokeCollector21

15. Alpacino TEU Jirachi for trade! See my thread!
    Alpacino

I don’t think there will be. It sets up an instant Lt. Surge play or Hat Lady play though which is sick!

Beacon Magneton has a lot of potential; Clay also seems great (although it’s a little luck dependent.) Could be good on turn 2 to grab Order Pads, Rare Candies, Timer/Lure/Cherish Balls, Stadium Searcher, ect...

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  16. The Rhyperior I am still Mr. Rhyperior
    The Rhyperior

• Vileplume GX - Unimpressed. Its basically Stage 2 Celebi & Venusaur with tons of healing. Yes, Rowlet & Exeggutor! But Reshizard is #TheBestDeckInTheFormat so, is it worth giving up 3 prizes? Nah! 3-4 Geodudes
    • Piplup/Prinplup/Empoleon - 80 for C isn't enough to KO decks with a good distruptive effect (heh! Reshizard) But "If you can't OHKO, 2HKO with distruption". Reshizard screwd up. 4/?/3-4
    • Magnemite/Magneton/Magnezone- Magneton has the best way to activate Lt. Surge nice and easy. ?/4-5/?
    • Koffing/Weezing - Koffing makes Weezing decks much easier to spread. 3-4/?
    • Mimikyu - free 2nd supporter. Maybe this and Blue's Tactics? 3-4 Geodudes
    • Excadrill - If Hippopotas wasn't proven to be good, why do we put hopes on Excadrill, considering the HP and being a Stage 1. Excadrill do dmg if you will lose the game. 2-3 Geodudes (I am so harsh!)
    • Steelix - Okay. As long Reshizard isn't a good deck anymore. 3-4 Geodudes
    • Silvally-GX - Octillery which is vulnerable to Power Plant, nice! The main atk is expensive before we mention TCE and not even KO Reshizard with Water Memory. Shame we don't have Fighting Memory once this comes out because it would be a good Pikarom counter. GX atk is... we've seen this on Ninetales. People will play this for the ability, if Octillery was good before, why not Silvally? Which will be played on decks playing Ditto *. 5 Geodudes
    • Roxie - MORE DRAW! 3 Geodudes
    • Clay - What's the point of this card? 3-4 Geodudes

guicazzonato likes this.
  17. AshCo Payne-ful
    AshCo

I like this! GXs without 5ban art, gen 5 trainers, absolutely fantastic.

But the real winner is that Piplup, and the new Empoleon. I love the art on that! And any new Empoleon is a good thing.

Holden Sheeks and TheAquaPiplup like this.
  18. NicoNoo Meta/budget player
    NicoNoo

Roxie is so good, probably once we get more pokemon search the card will become the draw for the format, right now, decks that keep their search will probably still use it.

Clay is so much better than Bill it's not funny haha.

ReshiZekrom is just so nuts. Naganadel/Reshi seems a much better Blacephalon deck than Blacephalon itself, and it doesn't even send your cards to the Lost Zone.

19. oomura Aspiring Trainer
    oomura

Dream League release on August "2th" (^_^)

TheAquaPiplup likes this.
  20. steffenka Miss Vaanjie
    steffenka

GXs haven't been "5ban exclusive" for a while though haah, most of them are now done by PLANETA artists, or other 3d-artists! :p

I am super happy that we have a Vileplume GX, and that it debuts the female Vileplume to the tcg, but, I really want my Bellossom haha ;-;

Also rather weird that there won't be a Magnezone in the set. Solgaleo/Lunala comes right after Magneton, and Clefairy after Steelix, so there's no room for it. I also wonder which trainer it represents?

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 2 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?