Several 'Dream League' Cards Revealed, Including Special Full Arts!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Lord Charizard Aspiring Trainer
    Lord Charizard

What they should say is that the card's text is fully revealed, but Dream League itself certainly is not. Pretty excited to see these full arts!

2. Pokenerd Aspiring Trainer
    Pokenerd

I'll skip cards that I've already reviewed or cards I think are not competitively viable.

The new Sneasel I think is now the optimal Sneasel in dark box. Agility can stall if you get a slow start.

Wishiwashi is a wall. 180hp and an ability that shuffles it away makes that clear. Stall will be mostly unplayable after rotation. I don't think it will find a spot in Quagnag. 130 Damage for 3 energy is fine. Not good or bad but there are better non Gx Water attackers including Quag itself. I don't think it's competitively viable but it is worth a mention.

Weezing has the same ability as Koffing. Now considering that you can play 8 of that ability I think that somewhat boosts Roxie's viability. I feel like you wouldn't even use Unb Weezing now. You would just use other spreads like the new Psychic Blacephalon.

Seismitoad is almost good. Smooth over saw play but Toad is a stage 2. It's attack can hit numbers but it's a slow stage 2. You could use Spiritomb, or you could play Magma's secret lab (I think that's what it's called) to damage your bench. Rainbow Energy damages and covers the Fighting Energy. But there is still one Problem. 3 Colorless Energy. You could use Tae or dce. The Dce route is clunky though. Don't forget about expanded fighting support. Korrina, Strong energy, etc. (I am probably overeating this card tbh)

Edit: Maxie is banned.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  3. itsAdoggo yamperyamperyamper
    itsAdoggo

Gallade + Welder + TCE would work really well

4. Errffy Jones Aspiring Trainer
    Errffy Jones

Lol anybody else get the sense PokemonTCG is limping to the finish line of this series? This could have been such a cool set, but it just feels lackluster. Here's to hoping Alter Genesis can save the day

5. NicoNoo Meta/budget player
    NicoNoo

Maxie has been banned for over 5 months.

6. CynderDarkov Aspiring Trainer
    CynderDarkov

Really? I mean Remix Bout is so-so, but this 1/3 of Dream League is very nice.

7. SupStar Aspiring Trainer
    SupStar

Where's my Sunflora GX! Make it immune to fire types so I don't keep getting every game against people using the same 3 Charizard / Blacephelon decks. Alternatively make its ability "While this is your active pokemon, prevent the effects of any Trainer card or Ability that attaches Fire energy to any pokemon

8. Frost Amethyst AMAB-NB
    Frost

What's a Sunflora? Did you mean Exeggutor?

9. Serperior 464/500
    Serperior

Advanced Member Member

That actually hurt to read.

Excadrill bodies PikaRom and DarkBox but Giratina keeps it in check. This'll be an interesting dynamic moving forward.

10. Errffy Jones Aspiring Trainer
    Errffy Jones

After giving it some thought that was probably harsh on my part. I do wish they had made Erica's Vileplume GX to be Erica's Vileplume and Bellossom TTGX, but beggers can't be choosers lol

11. DarkMatterGaming "Wait, he's not dead?"
    DarkMatterGaming

Robo Sub is back. Oh no.

12. Kangaflora Aspiring Trainer
    Kangaflora

So pleased that Sneasel is a Water type and that Palpitoad and Seismitoad are Fighting. Though it is a real shame that Magneton knocks itself out with its Ability. It has a good attack too.

13. steffenka Miss Vaanjie
    steffenka

Exeggutor? I don't know her. All I know is Tangrowth

14. Frost Amethyst AMAB-NB
    Frost

[​IMG]
    -PCL about Sunflora

steffenka likes this.
  15. KingCrimson Aspiring Trainer
    KingCrimson

Where is the red and blue card

16. CynderDarkov Aspiring Trainer
    CynderDarkov

it's actually a semi-good thing, cause it sets you up with a turn one Lt. Surge's play.

17. KK-Swizzle Aspiring Trainer
    KK-Swizzle

Reshi-zek is nutso, instant obvious tier 1 deck, probably for the duration of its legality given synergy with fire support and N’s resolve. 5/5

Silvally Gx is good, can pick partners/memory cards to fit the meta, built in draw support on a viable attacker will never not see play. 4/5

Wishiwashi is the best wall stall Pokémon I’ve ever seen, but looks like it’s coming out at the wrong time ... it approximately 37 viable big beat stick decks to contend with, lol. 3/5

Gallade crazy good type coverage, excellent attack, Rosa engine seems like the way to go, finally looks like we might have a good single prize evolution counter deck! 4/5

Rest of the cards look pretty meh to me

18. Pokenerd Aspiring Trainer
    Pokenerd

Oh, whoops. My bad. I mix Maxie and Archie so much.

19. Water Pokémon Master I like Pokemon more than you. :D
    Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster News Head Activities Head Elite Member Advanced Member Member

TheAquaPiplup likes this.
  20. AshCo Coming back with the BLOST
    AshCo

Yay, Cheren! He's always been one of my favorites.

Spring Sun Warrior likes this.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?