Seven New 'Rising Fist' Cards! [5/31]

Maserati777 said:
Now we just need Blaziken and Machamp full arts, since this confirms they are there.

I think it'll be Machamp and Golurk.

Blaziken ex probably wont happen until they do his mega.

I'm really loving the art on these new cards! Always clinging to hope that there might be some Gen 6 monsters in this set with non-5ban art...

Not sure why we get a stage 2 Blaziken instead of Blaziken EX. Unless this will be fighting type and the EX and Mega will be Fire in another set.

I think there will be a Breloom EX and Poliwrath EX that's why they showed there regular version in those six cards revealed.

There has NEVER been an instance of a set having included a regular Pokemon and an EX of that Pokemon in the same Japanese set, aside from shiny Virizion and Virizion EX in Plasma Blast, but I don't feel shinies actually count in this regard. All instances of this, such as Boundaries Crossed's Kyurems and Keldeo, and LTR's Mewtwo are a result of the international sets including cards from Decks and promo cards.

There should only be 1 EX we don't know at this point. (We know three non-Megas, Heracross, Lucario and Hawlucha.) I'm guessing this is not going to be a Fighting-Type. Or it is, but not a Fighting card, like a Psychic Gallade or a Dark Scrafty. If I had to pick something... It's probably going to be pretty random and slightly Fighting-themed like how things like Golurk and Electivire happened... Hmm, I'm going to be completely random and guess Slaking. I don't think this is going to be a predictable one by any means.

Actually, thinking about it, there is a chance that Heracross is from a Japanese deck and not the set, so there potentially MIGHT be two. But I feel this is unlikely, since 2 Megas is pretty standard, unless there's another in the set that hasn't been announced.

RiverShock said:
There has NEVER been an instance of a set having included a regular Pokemon and an EX of that Pokemon in the same Japanese set, aside from shiny Virizion and Virizion EX in Plasma Blast, but I don't feel shinies actually count in this regard. All instances of this, such as Boundaries Crossed's Kyurems and Keldeo, and LTR's Mewtwo are a result of the international sets including cards from Decks and promo cards.

There should only be 1 EX we don't know at this point. (We know three non-Megas, Heracross, Lucario and Hawlucha.) I'm guessing this is not going to be a Fighting-Type. Or it is, but not a Fighting card, like a Psychic Gallade or a Dark Scrafty. If I had to pick something... It's probably going to be pretty random and slightly Fighting-themed like how things like Golurk and Electivire happened... Hmm, I'm going to be completely random and guess Slaking. I don't think this is going to be a predictable one by any means.

Actually, thinking about it, there is a chance that Heracross is from a Japanese deck and not the set, so there potentially MIGHT be two. But I feel this is unlikely, since 2 Megas is pretty standard, unless there's another in the set that hasn't been announced.

Isn't Hawlucha a promo, and Heracros in the set (It would be kinda weird to have a Mega outside of the main set? If that's the case, then there will be two unknown EXs

49-machamp.jpg

Just give me great machamp art like this, or the amazing blister version, and then give em good attacks, I will buy many packs.

Yeah, I wasn't sure if Hawlucha was in the set or not, so I decided to play it safe.

Mega 'zard Y was from a Deck in Japan, so there's precedent for a deck Mega. (Though the secret rare reprint was in Japan's equivalent to Flashfire.)

Hawlucha EX is from the Mega Lucario Box which will be released alongside Rising Fist, but not a part of it. Here's the original news article for reference.

Yeah, in the back of my mind, I thought it was mentioned to be in something, but couldn't recall what.

So that Hawlucha EX will not have a full art? I don't follow the patterns in how cards are releaesed in sets. I guess we can expect two regular Hawluchas in the set that means, since it doesn't evolve and is making it's first appearance in a set. Too bad also we we will not get a Poliwrath EX. Maybe a future set named after water pokemon will have Poliwrath EX and Suicune EX. I'll look forward to that for sure but mostly unlikely for both.

I love how people keep expecting EXs to be the same type in a set. Aside from Flashfire (which had two Charizard EXs), that isn't really the case. The sets almost always have EXs that are different types. People were upset that Flashfire didn't have Blaziken, but that would have given that set a whopping SIX Fire-type EXs (counting Megas and SRs). Even for enthusiasts, that's a bit much. We're lucky to see Furious Fists getting two different Fighting-type EXs (Lucario and, presumably, Hawlucha), not to mention Mega Lucario.

In other words, I don't see why people assume a set revolving around a type will include a lot of EXs of that type. It's just not smart from a marketing or playability standpoint - not unless the EXs are related to each other in some way, like Latias and Latios from Plasma Freeze.

So, let's say, the next set after Furious Fists is announced to revolve around Mawile (hypothetically). There would be people predicting Mega Gardevoir to go along with the Fairy typing, when the more likely scenario could be just about anything else, like Mega Tyranitar or Mega Gyarados. That's the pattern these past three sets have followed: what the set revolves around, does not mean that's what all the Megas and EXs will be.

That's my 2c worth. I hope it made sense.

IMO, it's far more likely a set would revolve around Gardevoir rather than Mawile. This makes sense, but until we see Heracross EX and M. Heracross EX we won't know for sure.

Ok, I think actually 2 of the new EX in this set are going to be form the 2nd generation. I will go with Suicune EX being one of them in this set or Kingdra EX being one of them, we will find out in a few days for sure. What are your predictions?

HA559 said:
Ok, I think actually 2 of the new EX in this set are going to be form the 2nd generation. I will go with Suicune EX being one of them in this set or Kingdra EX being one of them, we will find out in a few days for sure. What are your predictions?

I'm not really seeing a Suicune in this set, possibly in a water-based set? But a Suicune EX is super overdue!
I'm hoping for a Breloom EX, or a Marowak EX!
I'm just hoping Cubone will be in the set :) One of my favorites :)

HA559 said:
So that Hawlucha EX will not have a full art? I don't follow the patterns in how cards are releaesed in sets. I guess we can expect two regular Hawluchas in the set that means, since it doesn't evolve and is making it's first appearance in a set. Too bad also we we will not get a Poliwrath EX. Maybe a future set named after water pokemon will have Poliwrath EX and Suicune EX. I'll look forward to that for sure but mostly unlikely for both.

A water themed set would probably have Mega Gyarados, lots of okay and great evolve water types, a Mega from gen. 1, 2 EX Pokemon that have Type advantages over the Megas from that set (In XY: Emolga>Yveltal, Skarmory>Xerneas), and then 1 random EX, or none. Example:

Mega Gyarados-EX (water type)
Mega Gengar-EX (psychic type)
Lilligant-EX (Advantage on Gyarados)
Honchcrow-EX (advantage on Gengar)
Exploud-EX (Because he's a gangsta!)

CuriousCleffa said:
HA559 said:

I'm not really seeing a Suicune in this set, possibly in a water-based set? But a Suicune EX is super overdue!
I'm hoping for a Breloom EX, or a Marowak EX!
I'm just hoping Cubone will be in the set :) One of my favorites :)

Yeah for sure, Suicune is overdue. I just looked over previous sets and apart form the other legendary EX I don't think there is any other EX from Generation 2 (I maybe wrong, had a very quick look before my original post on this).

As someone else pointed out in another post about there not being regular versions of a pokemon and their EX version in the same set apart from Some of the X and Y legendary. So on that note, since we know we will get Breloom, maybe we won't get Breloom EX? But I'm with you on Marowak EX, that would be cool.

GadgetJax said:
HA559 said:

A water themed set would probably have Mega Gyarados, lots of okay and great evolve water types, a Mega from gen. 1, 2 EX Pokemon that have Type advantages over the Megas from that set (In XY: Emolga>Yveltal, Skarmory>Xerneas), and then 1 random EX, or none. Example:

Mega Gyarados-EX (water type)
Mega Gengar-EX (psychic type)
Lilligant-EX (Advantage on Gyarados)
Honchcrow-EX (advantage on Gengar)
Exploud-EX (Because he's a gangsta!)

Thanks for that explanation, We didn't collect any cards from black and white sets, but we look to get single cards, the same for these X and Y sets. The game is too quick these days with these EX though.

So what is your prediction for this set for the EX cards? Psychic and Fire EX's to counter Mega Lucario and Mega Heracross (if it is still grass when in Mega form)?

Back