Seven New 'Rising Fist' Cards! [5/31]

We know that Pangoro has 120 HP thanks to the Theme Deck picture from a while back.

Glad we're getting another Poliwrath card, as mediocre as it is, it's been a while (Unleashed I believe) since we last had one. Poliwrath always gets mediocre cards, though, so nothing new there.

Pangoro's the only one of these that seems to have any potential (OK, Breloom'll be good Theme Deck material if it's Uncommon, and we've been lacking that for a while), and it still isn't very good, sadly.

Overall, nothing surprising, aside from maybe just how Fighting-based the non-Fighting-Types are. Electabuzz and Golett/Golurk, despite not being Fighting, have very Fighting-type-dominated movepools. Maybe slightly surprised we're getting a Blaziken since we're inevitably going to get a Blaziken EX eventually, but not too surprised.

Pangoro seams decent, except its weak to fighting so its going to be eaten alive by all the new fighting types most likely. Glad to see a breloom card even thought its not very good (and I'm not sure were his head are xD).

Darn it, Blaziken! You keep hogging the spotlight! Hoping Electrivire is at least playable. Golurk will probably be about tier 3, like all his other cards. "Good, but not good enough to win in tournament play."

Sorry, but Golett's weakness seems to be mor [D] then [P] (and it's a more logical, too).
Another thing: Glad, to we get Breloom and even Poliwrath (and all their evolutionary relatives with 'em), but not satisfied with their retreat costs and movesets, too.

If we count, that Shroomish will be Grass and may use [G] energies, it's hard to charge Breloom in non partially [G] deck; I still believed in some “non-standard” weaknesses (like [R] for [F] Breloom or [W] for [D] Houndoom or similar), but it seems impossible lately.

Still hoping, we got some of the Japaneses Promos we didn't get yet (such as Pancham, Helioptile or Darkrai), even when they'll be released as Promos, but their too good to be not translated… OK, all for now; will wait till all cards will be released.

Yeah , I knew there would be a Poliwrath in this set, and I still hope there is an EX Poliwrath as well.

Pangoro's HP is 120. If you look at the Theme Deck images for Furious Fists you can see it there.

Nice, seems like a lot of cards people wanted.

Wondering what they decide to do with the other ultra rare cards.

Reggie McGigas said:
I'm hoping that the Poliwrath is holo and we get a Zygarde card.

Looks like a holo to me when you compare it to the other cards. The edges are shining.

Yeah, hoping for Zygarde too!

Ohhhh I love Poliwrath, so I'm glad it will be in this set :D and I hope that Electivire will be playable... even if I wish it will be an EX, sooner or later

Poliwrath isnt that bad, you can splash it in decks where toy are already running stge 2's and it can one shot pyroar with its pierce attack. And 30 to a benched pokemon can help out latter in the game as well. Im not saying that it is game changing but it could find a place in some decks.

Not sure why you'd use Poliwrath for that when there's plenty of Stage 1s that can one-shot Pyroar as well. If Stage 1s like Plasma Beartic and Gyarados LTR aren't being played, I don't see Poliwrath having any shot.

I am hoping by the apperance of the fighting Breloom that means the Blaziken in this set will be a fighting type Pokemon instead of a fire type.

Looks to me like Poliwrath is holo.

I too am hoping for Zygarde.

Blaziken'll be Fire. Combusken is also a Fighting-Type in the games, and they tend to share typing if they don't change type when they evolve.

Well it might not be in this set, but we will end up with a Blaziken full art at some point if the last two sets are any indication, after all there is a M Blaziken that will be made and every Mega card has had a full art to 'precede' it.

As for Machamp, who knows.

Back