News September's SM4 Set: 'The Awoken Hero' and 'The Transdimensional Beast'

mirdo

Seagull Overlord and Business Entrepreneur
Packart looks cool.

But i'm already scared what Silvally and Guzzlord GX will look like attack wise.

O H D E A R

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
I'm really keen to see if UBs are treated as significantly different from regular Pokémon. It'll get lost in the wash in a few years, but SM implies that, in a way, they're not really Pokémon. So if there's any sort of bizarre mechanic or ruling with these guys, that'd be really nifty. Anything from "1 copy per deck" or "cannot be played without the effects of [some trainer card]" to going even more out there and coming up with something cool like the old Lost Zone mechanic and incorporating that into them would be nifty.

Kyrushi

Squirrel
Japan hasn't even gotten SM3 yet and they're ALREADY showing people another set? Man, the pokemon company is printing card products like CRAZY lately!

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
Yes. My predictions were right!!! A set ft. Silvally and the Ultra Beasts. (Expect another 160+ set this November). (And, Magearna hopefully.) (I know Maggie debuted in STS, what I am referring is the Dex no.)

MorningSTAR1337

Aspiring Trainer
5 cards say all the GXs will be Silvally and the Ultra Beasts

5 packs say that someone somewhere in a paraellel universe thinks "Silvally and the Ultra Beasts" would be a kickass band name.

Rocket The Shellos

Aspiring Trainer
I reckon UBs should be treated kinda like a mix of Team Plasma Pokemon and Ancient Trait Pokemon.

So they'd be like Plasma Pokemon in the fact that they would be distinguished as Ultra Beasts like the Plasma Pokemon are distinguished as Plasma Pokemon and that comes with supporters, items, attacks, etc. specifically effecting them. Eg a Lusamine supporter card that lets you search your deck for an Ultra Beast, put it onto the bench and attach 2 basic energy to it or something like that.

Then the ancient trait part would be their "Beast Boost". So it's at the top of the card like an Ancient Trait is but instead it says Beast Boost, and each Beast Boost would be an effect related to the amount of Prize Cards you've taken eg 10 more damage for each, 1 less (C) in retreat for each, damage done to this Pokemon do 10 less damage for each, etc.

MorningSTAR1337

Aspiring Trainer
I'm just gonna guess names for the Western pack:

1. Terrors Beyond
  2. Divine Power
  3. Ferocious
  4. Aethereal Storm
  5. Beasts Awakened
  6. Transdimensional Vanguard

George

Plays 4 Ultra Ball in Every Deck
I'm really keen to see if UBs are treated as significantly different from regular Pokémon. It'll get lost in the wash in a few years, but SM implies that, in a way, they're not really Pokémon. So if there's any sort of bizarre mechanic or ruling with these guys, that'd be really nifty. Anything from "1 copy per deck" or "cannot be played without the effects of [some trainer card]" to going even more out there and coming up with something cool like the old Lost Zone mechanic and incorporating that into them would be nifty.
YES!

the real spheal

Aspiring Trainer
This is great. I can't wait to see Guzzlord GX. Even if he isn't a playable I'll still make a deck for him. There is a special place in my heart for Guzzlord.

Clamtrak

Aspiring Trainer
I've been waiting for a Guzzlord GX for SO LONG!!! Please Pokemon, give it boat loads of HP.

Rooie

Aspiring Trainer
Nihilego better have an ability that lets you attach it to a Pokemon as a tool.

Sethy79

Aspiring Trainer
I'm still trying to adjust to the Guardians rising set. Sometimes all of the incoming pokemon feels a bit overwhelming. Still cool ideas coming up.

Kyrushi

Squirrel
Because of how Ultra Beasts and Totem pokemon are linked in the main game (The Ultra Wormhole leak), I'd love to see some strange mechanic that binds them somehow!