News September's SM4 Set: 'The Awoken Hero' and 'The Transdimensional Beast'

Perfect_Shot

Armored Core>Elden Ring
If you thought the HP stat for some of the GX cards were high, wait until they show off a 400 HP Guzzlord-GX!

Joking aside, hoping to see either a good Celesteela-GX or a Metal type Kartana-GX. With a resistance to Psychic to help against Garbodor and dealing weakness to Sylveon-GX, this is an important time for Metal decks to start being good.

9Blades

Gym Leader of Water Types
Surprised no one has mentioned the possibility of a Gladion supporter!
Also there will probably be an Ultra Space stadium card. (Is secretly hoping it'll basically be Broken Time-Space.)

danjack08

Aspiring Trainer
Ultra beasts with 300+HP, but if your opponent knocks them out take 3 prizes?

Seems like a fair way to show their power. Excited to see what comes up

Clamtrak

Aspiring Trainer
With Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon clearly showing Necrozma getting some spot light, with it releasing in SM3 and with UBs in this set, will there be a Necrozma card 3 sets in a row? I hope so. But Guzzlord, get ready to eat my opponent's deck! :D

WastedSkyPirate

So much potential for a new mechanic with the Ultra Beasts.
  • Can only be played when a certain, Ultra Wormhole-themed Stadium Card is in play?
  • Very powerful but relinquish more prize cards?
  • Earn you more prizes when they take a Knock-Out (a la Beast Boost)?
  • Only 1 copy per deck?
  • Can only be put into play using a Beast Ball Trainer Card (Nest Ball for Ultra Beasts)?
  • All of the above?
Thematically, there is a lot to work with. I just hope they live up to the hype.

Also, could their presence signal a return of the Lost Zone mechanic - renamed Ultra Space or something similar?

Looking forward to more information.

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!
I'm very much looking forward to seeing what the Ultra Beast mechanic will be, if any. They're some of my new favorites, but I've refrained from making cards for them simply because I want to match a potential mechanic as closely as possible to fit the Neo-era.

Personally, I think a return of a Lost Zone mechanic would be cool to see.

Furn

Aspiring Trainer
I'm really keen to see if UBs are treated as significantly different from regular Pokémon. It'll get lost in the wash in a few years, but SM implies that, in a way, they're not really Pokémon. So if there's any sort of bizarre mechanic or ruling with these guys, that'd be really nifty. Anything from "1 copy per deck" or "cannot be played without the effects of [some trainer card]" to going even more out there and coming up with something cool like the old Lost Zone mechanic and incorporating that into them would be nifty.

They should be Yu-Gi-Oh cards

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
I reckon UBs should be treated kinda like a mix of Team Plasma Pokemon and Ancient Trait Pokemon.

So they'd be like Plasma Pokemon in the fact that they would be distinguished as Ultra Beasts like the Plasma Pokemon are distinguished as Plasma Pokemon and that comes with supporters, items, attacks, etc. specifically effecting them. Eg a Lusamine supporter card that lets you search your deck for an Ultra Beast, put it onto the bench and attach 2 basic energy to it or something like that.

Then the ancient trait part would be their "Beast Boost". So it's at the top of the card like an Ancient Trait is but instead it says Beast Boost, and each Beast Boost would be an effect related to the amount of Prize Cards you've taken eg 10 more damage for each, 1 less (C) in retreat for each, damage done to this Pokemon do 10 less damage for each, etc.

Yes, absolutely. They should have their own card border like Team Plasma cards. Beast Ball could simply be 'Search your deck for an Ultra Beast Pokémon and put it into your hand'.

Tri2attack

"Guzma for game."-every close game
I hope that Buzzwole is fighting so that strong energy could work on him. If hes even in the set

Scoop

Literally a sheep
It'd be cool to see the Ultra Beasts be dual-types along with their primary types. Have their own unique type and have support for those kinds of Pokemon. Or even pull a Team Plasma and have that mechanic come back(I would be fine with this. The Team Plasma mechanic is one of the best parts of the Black and White era.). I just hope they do something with these Ultra Beasts. It'll be fun seeing Xurkitree, Buzzwole, and friends become ultra rares(They better get some nice full arts, I want them all going next to eachother.)

Maybe Silvally will have an ability where it changes its type depending on what energy you have stuck on it or something. That would be fun seeing Silvally become the anti-meta hit whatever for weakness card.

Hemos

The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
I'm just gonna guess names for the Western pack:

1. Terrors Beyond
  2. Divine Power
  3. Ferocious
  4. Aethereal Storm
  5. Beasts Awakened
  6. Transdimensional Vanguard

I do like the sound of Beasts Awakened. Transdimensional Vanguard sounds cool too, but then people might get that confused with Cardfight!! Vanguard.

Clamtrak

Aspiring Trainer
Ultra beasts with 300+HP, but if your opponent knocks them out take 3 prizes?

Seems like a fair way to show their power. Excited to see what comes up
The one problem would be Acerola, Super Scoop Up, and Max Potion. You could bait your opponent into burning through 300+ HP, only to have done it for nothing. Would be good for mill decks though.

Teenyvictini

Aspiring Trainer
But ultra beasts aren't Pokemon?
Time for a Guzzlord supporter card >.>
That's a really good point! I do think however they will be considered pokemon, but if not i think it'll still be cool! Somewhat reminds me of the stage prop Monica.