News September's SM4 Set: 'The Awoken Hero' and 'The Transdimensional Beast'

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Vitiel Mush. Up!
    Vitiel

Honestly in a world where baby Koko exists, I wouldn't sleep on that Cacturne.

2. Nyora A Cat
    Nyora

Worst SM set so far in all honesty.

EDIT: Kakuka has Water Duplicates?! YES!

3. Kietharr Aspiring Trainer
    Kietharr

Milotic is probably the most interesting new revelation imo, not because it's super amazing or anything but because it allows for some hitherto impossible stall strats in combination with Koko Promo. Once you get a flip down you can keep your opponent from building a field pretty well, and every time you shuffle them they lose the items they used to get set up like candies and ultras, and in an evolution centric meta it's realllly slow to recover from that.

Marowak gives Kiawe/Ho-oh some extra support. The fact that there's no Alolan Cubone lets you also run the bodyguard one. I don't think that the Gourgeist/Oranguru combo is quite fast or consistent enough for standard. Could work in expanded with eco arms and Elesa but in Expanded you have tool drop anyways. Kakuna actually makes Beedrill EVO playable though I'd hesitate to call it a good deck. Gladion really helps with that style of deck but you can still easily get destroyed by prizes.

GekkisaiDaiNi and LadyMeowstic like this.
  4. Xeynid Aspiring Trainer
    Xeynid

"Let's make an energy card that can help stage 2 non-gx Pokemon be good

THEN RELEASE A BUNCH OF BAD STAGE 2'S!"

Bee duplicates seems cool though.

5. Dark Espeon Dark Avatar
    Dark Espeon

No. it is a reuseable Plea GX but it only affects one Pokémon at a time and it has to have damage to it. This should not be that difficult with Tapu Koko around. This sure is one of the better cards in this set. it is a shame that Feebas is that terrible.

6. Sean Timmons Aspiring Trainer
    Sean Timmons

Advanced Member Member

Milotic seems pretty interesting and I don't know how Gyarados is in expanded but I imagine that Magikarp buffs it.

I'll probably be trying out Camerupt/Fliptini

7. Lord Goomy Got Goomies?
    Lord Goomy

My highlights:
    Cincinno, the first card to interact with your opponent since Cecil Juniper.
    Alolan Marowak, for its pretty dang good fire type support, ecspecially when playing against Gardevoir and Darkrai.
    Altaria, putting Goodra and other Stage 2 Dragon Types directly onto the bench
    Numel, my friend loves numel.
    Of course, all the GX's.
    But, alas, there is no Goomy, nor Goodra GX.
    Guzzlord, possibly the ONLY deck to play 56 energy.

8. Kietharr Aspiring Trainer
    Kietharr

Magikarp would be interesting for gyara AOR, but Shining Celebi makes the flail magikarp the best one.

9. Craig Collier Aspiring Trainer
    Craig Collier

Interesting that we are only getting the two memory cores. That may delay Silvally.

10. Tyler Beta Fookin' laser sights!!!!
    Tyler Beta

I'm excited for Alolan Golem. His GX move could put someone into big jam, not being about to play any cards from your hand could cost them the game if you play him right.

11. Jpkemperor Deck Builder and Researcher
    Jpkemperor

Now we just got a new great grass attacker on Beedrill and the incredible "water duplicates" kakuna. It is now certain Greninja won't be played anymore with Beedrill and Golisopod seeing lots of play.

12. CaptZero Aspiring Trainer
    CaptZero

I'm willing to bet the SM4+ is going to be home to the item/ supporter cards for Ultra Beasts. It just makes no sense to release them as a separate entity from regular GX and not use that in some way.

13. Vitiel Mush. Up!
    Vitiel

Also I'm glad to see Kakuna have its own Water Duplicates, but I think it'd be tough going to make a deck around EVO Beedrill work even with it. You'd have to keep streaming out Beedrills as they got KO'd; thankfully there's plenty of ways to shove your Kakunas/Beedrills back in the deck for more Kakuna Duplicates, but that seems clunky at face value. You'd also have the same fear as Passimian/Mew with prizing your bees.

14. Tropical Peaches Aspiring Trainer
    Tropical Peaches

hey a good magikarp

15. acerizzo13 Reniart Gniripsa
    acerizzo13

TIL there is no Alolan Cubone.

16. Definitely going to be playing Salazzle, Alolan Marowak, Gourgeist, and Milotic. These are fun cards. The whole set on a whole is "ehhh"...

17. MystikX Aspiring Trainer
    MystikX

Xerneas looks like it could be a budget-friendly replacement for Lele

18. Xeynid Aspiring Trainer
    Xeynid

Our lord and savior Gladion actually has a decent usage.

Greninja didn't just need to stream ninjas, it had to duplicates, then evolve into breaks. Being forced to search out that extra stage makes it harder to stream them. I think there's potential for the Bees.

I don't think it's going to be nearly as good as ninja, just purely off the fact that greninja can snipe for 60 damage twice while also hitting 70 and locking abilities while bees just snipe for 160, but it could definitely come together.

19. LadyMeowstic Lil paws of fun!
    LadyMeowstic

Milotic's first attack is very interesting. Will be nice against decks that run max elixers or bench pokemon that are setup.

20. WaMike Aspiring Trainer
    WaMike

I was thinking the same thing. Could be really interesting against evo/candy decks.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?