XY Separated Pokédex?

leecario said:
Whitefire said:
http://medialib.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/screens/dir_553/image_55385_thumb_wide930.jpg

I'm seeing a space, what we assume is zigzagoon, Fletchling and 2 spaces, then something that looks blueish [could be the tint, though] and 2 more spaces, and then another mystery thing. So unless the 'blueish thing' has a prevo, Fletchling likely has a 3 stage line.

fletchling is likely (in my opinion) to be the pidgey/starly/pidove of the generation. And i would be quite happy to have the cute little guy evolve into something more badass at some point

I hope so... I liked Taillow but it only had the one evo, and due to stats it was very weak [great speed, ok atk, blah everything else].

Yeah, especially with that 'Flame Charge' business; already it can do some damage to Ice types~ which is cool. Sadly Fire/Flying is very unlikely, but whatever they better make his evos awesome >:U I'm training one anyway

I also noticed in one of the screenshots there's a level 2 Fletchling, so we'll probably be seeing it from route 1 on :p

I really want Fletchling to evolve into Fire/Flying, or at least have a more unique moveset than just Flame Charge. I'm sick of Normal/Flying regional birds with interchangeable movesets, it makes them all so generic and boring..

^ True, though we did have the Karate-Hawk in 4th gen his movepool sucks, and Pidove was.... weird.

The only other Fire/Flying mons are a starter and 2 legends, though. And a few other non fire types can learn Flame Charge, so the odds are very against the little bird. :c

Whitefire said:
^ True, though we did have the Karate-Hawk in 4th gen his movepool sucks, and Pidove was.... weird.

Close Combat was the only interesting thing about Staraptor, and IMO, that's not really enough for him to stand out. Pidove line didn't really stand out either. The only regional bird that's ever really stood out is Hoothoot.

Whitefire said:
http://medialib.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/screens/dir_553/image_55385_thumb_wide930.jpg

I'm seeing a space, what we assume is zigzagoon, Fletchling and 2 spaces, then something that looks blueish [could be the tint, though] and 2 more spaces, and then another mystery thing. So unless the 'blueish thing' has a prevo, Fletchling likely has a 3 stage line.

its pidgey, so yea 3 stages.

Mitja said:
Whitefire said:

Unless it's a 2 stage with a single stage mon inbetween, which is really unlikely so chances are it's a 3 stage

leecario said:
Mitja said:

Unless it's a 2 stage with a single stage mon inbetween, which is really unlikely so chances are it's a 3 stage

Or split evo... but lol, this is too early in the dex for either.

I must say, I agree with everyone who says it is probably just some extra organizing and wont effect anything major. I don't however think it will be type based.

Big image
h4B6C8BD7

Giratina210 said:
Big image
h4B6C8BD7

kalos-region.jpg
im guessing Xerneas would be in the island cave, or by one of those rock things...
Yveltal is most likely on the mountain...
wait a minute...
if the mascot theme is genetics, axis, and mythology...
Xerneas is a magical deer living in a magical forest by a magical tree always surrounded by ponds, lakes, and creeks... also, Xerneas's antlers remind me of coral a bit. always kinda have...
Yveltal is more obvious...
so, then... if it was genetics, axis, and mythology... but also terrain (underwater, land, mountains), then "Z" would have to either be some floaty new kyurem clone that levitates, or some freaky griffin. (almost said wyvern, but Yveltal is one)

I think Xerneas will probably be near the Carnac stones area, it seems to match the location where we saw it in the first trailer. Yveltal is almost certainly in Mountain Kalos, probably on top of that mountain that's covered by clouds.

P.DelSlayer said:
I think what this means is that we have all the 'dex numbers to start, but all the Pokemon are seperated depending on where they are in the region, but if say we have a Gym which uses Ground types as Gym 2, but we don't have access to the mountain region yet, we'd still have it as seen in the Pokedex.

my ideas for what Pokemon would be registered where:
1-50 = Central Karos, comprised of Pokemon such as Yayakoma, Gogoat, the Starters etc. Basically a wide range of Pokemon.
51-100 = Coastal Karos = comprised of most of the water Pokemon (excluding Froakie, and possibly some other Pokemon
100=150 = Mountain Karos = Rock, Ground, Steel types, maybe a couple Fighting as well as Pokemon that have been previously established to live in mountain regions.

And maybe we get rewards for completing each seperate part, maybe something like a high-powered TM or a useful item (Lucky Egg, Leftovers, Life Orb etc).

It makes no sense Gogoat in the Central region, maybe it's on the Mountain one.

Another interesting thing to note regarding that theory is that there's more vegetative growth near the coast and less near the mountains. This might support the theory that Xerneas represents life (plenty of growth in that part of the region), while Yveltal represents death (frozen and barren with only a little growth showing in the mountain region).

P.DelSlayer said:
And maybe we get rewards for completing each seperate part, maybe something like a high-powered TM or a useful item (Lucky Egg, Leftovers, Life Orb etc).

Like BW2 did with the Habitat List? That'd be cool, as long as the rewards were worth it. I was appalled that when I filled up the entire Habitat List post game when they only gave you crappy Dive Balls and stuff, that definitely wasn't worth the effort. Hell, even the earlier game rewards were better, Reversal Mountain gave you the TM for False Swipe.

unsheathed said:
Another interesting thing to note regarding that theory is that there's more vegetative growth near the coast and less near the mountains. This might support the theory that Xerneas represents life (plenty of growth in that part of the region), while Yveltal represents death (frozen and barren with only a little growth showing in the mountain region).

I'm not sure that Yveltal represents death. It doesn't seem like that in design to me. The theory I like is that they are order/chaos, but I do think that the locations are accurate just from how the trailer depicted the Pokémon.

Giratina210 said:
Big image
h4B6C8BD7

That doesn't make sense, because you're drawing around the map (which is square), instead of the land, (which is more star-shaped).

It should look more like this:

Note that I included all of the Coast line, instead of forcing a shape.

BibiTotoLover said:
Maybe the part in the middle will represent the new Mewtwo form ??

I think that the most likely situation would be for it to represent the Z Pokemon. Since Mewtwo's new forme is well, a forme, then I think it's most likely that it will just be a side-thing in the games.

I'm wondering, if it does turn out Xern/Yvel/Zmon are all in one of these Dex sections, if they'll be color-bound to their respective area (Xerneas at the coast, Yvel in the mountains). Because from what we've seen, it seems pretty likely that Xerneas will be found in a forest of some sort, which wouldn't fit with the coast. Yveltal could be anywhere, since we've only seen it in the sky (I can see it coming down to roost on a large mountain, this could also fit with the cloud-covered mountain on the map), and Zmon could be anywhere.

On the subject of the seperated Dex, I'm still staying with my original idea that it is only used to differentiate types by areas even more. My guesses
-Mountain Kalos will have a load of Rock/Ground/Fighting Pokemon in the dex.
-Coastal Kalos will be a ton of Water types with some things like Dratini in there
-Central Kalos will just be all the Pokemon that don't fit into the other two.
I think that it won't have any major influences in what happens in the game, it's just gonna be a gimmicky thing.

edit: 2,000 posts!

The Coastal Dex is blue
Central Dex is white
Mountain part is red.

Colours from left to right: Blue White Red
The pokedex is reffering to the french flag.

Back