XY Separated Pokédex?

Pokequaza

Aspiring Trainer
CoroCoro reveals the Pokédex will have three separate parts; Central Karosu Pokédex, Coastal Karosu Pokédex, and Mountain Karosu Pokédex. How would this work? Will you obtain more ''Pokédex space'' during your journey? What would be the point of that, as unseen Pokémon cannot be seen in the Pokédex to begin with? Let us see if anyone can come up with a decent guess.

Also, here is a clear picture of the Karosu region:

Karosu.png

I think what this means is that we have all the 'dex numbers to start, but all the Pokemon are seperated depending on where they are in the region, but if say we have a Gym which uses Ground types as Gym 2, but we don't have access to the mountain region yet, we'd still have it as seen in the Pokedex.

my ideas for what Pokemon would be registered where:
1-50 = Central Karos, comprised of Pokemon such as Yayakoma, Gogoat, the Starters etc. Basically a wide range of Pokemon.
51-100 = Coastal Karos = comprised of most of the water Pokemon (excluding Froakie, and possibly some other Pokemon
100=150 = Mountain Karos = Rock, Ground, Steel types, maybe a couple Fighting as well as Pokemon that have been previously established to live in mountain regions.

And maybe we get rewards for completing each seperate part, maybe something like a high-powered TM or a useful item (Lucky Egg, Leftovers, Life Orb etc).

P.DelSlayer said:
I think what this means is that we have all the 'dex numbers to start, but all the Pokemon are seperated depending on where they are in the region, but if say we have a Gym which uses Ground types as Gym 2, but we don't have access to the mountain region yet, we'd still have it as seen in the Pokedex.

1-50 = Central Karos, comprised of Pokemon such as Yayakoma, Gogoat, the Starters etc. Basically a wide range of Pokemon.
51-100 = Coastal Karos = comprised of most of the water Pokemon (excluding Froakie, and possibly some other Pokemon
100=150 = Mountain Karos = Rock, Ground, Steel types, maybe a couple Fighting as well as Pokemon that have been previously established to live in mountain regions.

And maybe we get rewards for completing each seperate part, maybe something like a high-powered TM.

Thus instead of having one big list of 150 Pokémon, there will be three smaller lists of 50 Pokémon each (the numbers will likely vary though).

I like the idea, but I do not understand why, except if, as you said, there is a reward for completing each Pokédex. (Which would be similar to the aids of Prof. Oak in the first generation, awarding you with various items for completing a certain percentage of the Pokédex.)

Ive always liked how the pokedex kinda grouped the pokemon together...like in Hoenndex when it gets around fiery path you have numel, slugma, torkoal etc one after another, like it progresses from one theme to another.

Thats because its mostly set in the order as you get to meet them in the wild. But some of them are still kinda random.

Maybe they figured out some more concrete way of how they'll order the pokemon in the dex in future so it would not feel weird if the games had less linear regions?
I'd love it if they decided to have the pokedex be made up of 6 themes from now on, and have those be as distinct as possible.
It would be fun to play by a fanmade rule where you would try to have your team made up of pokemon from different dex parts..
like, one casual pokemon (all the simple mammals, birds..), a forest one (bugs, plants..), a mountain/spiritual one (tough fighters, ghosts, snow-inhabiting..), a coastal/swamp one (fishes, exotic..), a cave/desert/volcano one (earth-based and fire ones), an artificial area/city one (electric, machinery, experiments, special stuff..), or whatever the bigger themes would be in each generation.

What makes me curious is...why 3? (unless those were examples)

This is probably a bit farfetched, but what if the games are going to be much less linear? What if you can choose in what order you visit the 3 areas of Karos? Or what if the order is determined by some other factor?
Like choosing a starter..
Chespin-central Karos
Fennekin-mountainous Karos
Froakie-coastal Karos

But lets be realistic.
Its most likely just a gimmicky feature (like in FRLG, where you could look up pokemon by habitat)...

karos.jpg
here it is up close

oh, and the new gameplay footage plays the first (or possibly second if we heard Yveltal's) generation 6 cry the public has heard

and i just discovered this: http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/viewer.php?mode=article&id=55388 which shows the starters and pikachu running around the city with the trainer in the BG
http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/viewer.php?mode=article&id=55379 this image also shows Marril in it
the Roselia fountain, the Golurk statue... i'm starting to believe that they're using old pokemon as well, and combining themes since what has been released hints towards both the RGBY generation's theme, and the RSE theme (Genetics and Nature)

There must be some significance behind this, it's too confusing and pointless to be an arbitrary feature. My guess it is it has something to do with the region itself, and there's a distinct difference between those three areas of Kalos.

Bolt the Cat said:
There must be some significance behind this, it's too confusing and pointless to be an arbitrary feature. My guess it is it has something to do with the region itself, and there's a distinct difference between those three areas of Kalos.

Yeah...but when I check the map, mountains are all over the place, there is no distinct "central" part and the coast is quite divided o__o

I think it would make more sense if the desert and the giant building were included in the Coastal Kalos Pokédex (the division being more true to the actual icon). Coastal does not mean it is all about water and beaches, but the areas near the coast as well.

Also, that is one freaky desert.

Hmm. Not really sure how I feel about this. I'll have to see it in action, I guess, before I can really judge it. But right now it just seems a little...pointless?

It will be nice if it affects game play somehow. Mitja's twist of using Pokemon from certain part of Karos is interesting. Building a team with all Pokemon from Central/Coastal/Mountain Karos would be cool.

P.DelSlayer said:

And maybe we get rewards for completing each seperate part, maybe something like a high-powered TM or a useful item (Lucky Egg, Leftovers, Life Orb etc).

Yes, I agree.

1-50 Central Kalos (isn't it?) : Normal, Psychic, Bug, Dark, Ghost, Fire, Poison?
51-100 Coastal Kalos: Electric, Water, Ice, Flying, Dragon ?
101-150 Mountain Kalos: Grass, Rock, Ground, Fighting, Steel

Maybe?

Seismitoad537 said:
P.DelSlayer said:

Yes, I agree.

1-50 Central Kalos (isn't it?) : Normal, Psychic, Bug, Dark, Ghost, Fire, Poison?

Maybe?

why would grass types be on the mountains? dragon-types and fire-types i can see on the mountain more, and electric-types and flying-types seem to fit more in central. ice might fit in mountain as well, with there being a giant ice mountain and all

FloodBadge said:
Seismitoad537 said:
Yes, I agree.

Maybe?

why would grass types be on the mountains? dragon-types and fire-types i can see on the mountain more, and electric-types and flying-types seem to fit more in central. ice might fit in mountain as well, with there being a giant ice mountain and all

There are trees and grass on mountains..aren't there? haha. Well..dragon types like Hydreigon and Garchomp and Kingdra are either water types or can learn Surf so that's why I put it with coastal. I thought flying would be coastal because of like hurricanes or the breeze at the beach and seagulls... . And some ice could be on mountains or the coastal.

Back