Rowlet, Litten, Popplio from the Alola Region!

If shiny Litten has green stripes rather than red, I will do everything I can to get one just so I can name it Emeraude.

The last time I started with the fire starter was back in Emerald, and now it looks like I'll be picking Litten as my starter, I mean who can say no to the obvious fire tiger we're about to get. Also moonbat is best legendary.

There's no large patches of grass in the trailer. Are we going to encounter wild Pokemon in another way or they just opted to show roads without grass?

There's no large patches of grass in the trailer. Are we going to encounter wild Pokemon in another way or they just opted to show roads without grass?
I think they are just showing the starting town. No need for grass before you have a Pokemon.

Move over Pyroar there is a new king of the jungle.

My starter of choice is the owl grass pokemon Rowlett.

Let the countdown begin!

Last edited:
Firmly going for Rowlet as my starter but not sure which of the games I want to get, the Moon legendary is a lot cooler than I thought it would be.

Well done to those that predicted the Hawaii theme off the back of the teaser.

Now what is the antagonist team going to be called - something Hawaii-based, like Team Hula, or something sun/moon related like... Team Eclipse? Or maybe Team Flare are coming back?

If Rowlet is going to be a Grass/Flying pokemon final evo, and Popplio takes the natural progression to Water/Ice, then that means to have a complete cycle for the secondary typings Litten would have to be Fire/Fighting :X

Kinda knew it would Hawaii related, that strange souvenir (Looked like a tiki) from Pokemon X.
I'm so gonna get Moon and raise that Owl *w*
Well, the Strange Souvenir does not look like anyone of the legendaries revealed so far, so maybe it represents the third legendary of the trio :) I'm very curious about the Strange Souvenir, since I found it in XY :p

That's just great, Europe has to wait for the games... AGAIN :mad:. Granted it isn't a long a wait as ORAS, but we still have to wait. Looks like avoiding spoilers is a go again.
Yeah, this freaking delay is very bothersome...

The mascots look very nice, except...their faces. They should've just gave the lion a regular looking face instead of giving it something that looks like some universal sun glasses, and the Moon one looks like a really cartoonish bat (strictly face wise). Aside from that, the mascots look amazing. Rowlet I am very curious as to what the final evos will look like, and if it will be a glass cannon or not like its' previous incarnation of Serperior.
If Rowlet is going to be a Grass/Flying pokemon final evo, and Popplio takes the natural progression to Water/Ice, then that means to have a complete cycle for the secondary typings Litten would have to be Fire/Fighting :X
I really doubt they would make a fire cat Fire/Fighting. Popplio definitely looks to be Ice/Water, but than again if they go that route Popplio would be nothing but a re-skinned Seal.

I just hope they stop giving the starters Overgrow/Blaze/Torrent. I really doubt it, but those abilities make practically every starter each gen useless. The only good ones are those with HAs or with mega evolution, which isn't a good answer to making a Pokemon good, and those Pokemon DON'T have the base ability of Overgrow/Blaze/Torrent as well.

Yes! Another tropical region just as I hoped. I really like the starters, especially the cute little owl (it looks like babushka!). If I wasn't told those were the starters I would have never guessed so nintendo gets points for not being predictable. Those legendaries look amazing. Just incredibly detailed. I think I'll buy the Moon version and pick an owl for a starter. I kind of wish we got to see more than just roads in the trailer but that's just me. I'm super excited for November!

Last edited:
Well, for the first time since Bulbasaur we have a grass starter who has a secondary typing. Of course it being flying makes it extremely weak to ice. Of course since I have two 3DS, I'll be starting out my first run with all three starters when all is said and done.

Don't know which game will be my main game though. Sun's legendary seems to be the cooler one right now but it will depend on what happens after we get more information on other Pokémon, the exclusives, and what not.

Right now I'm seeing Popplio's final Evolution as a Water/Psychic-Type with floating pink spheres circling around it... I love it.

Rowlet 4 lyfe. I always go with the grass starters and every game I feel like I'm rewarded for my persistence with just how adorable every grass starter has been since Bulbasaur.

The more I look at Alola region, the more I love it. I definitely love the tropical environment, I can also see a big waterfall in the big mountain of the region, and I love waterfalls haha :p I kinda miss a big city like Lumiose City, but I know it would be "off topic" with the region :D

Kukui is Pokémon's own Trafalgar Law. Kikoku + Law = Kukui

So, besides Kukui & Lauhala being trees, kukui means "light" and hala means "innocent", according to Google Translate.

I'm so picking the grass starter! It's adorable! Though it did steal Bulbasaur's crown...

I really don't like that water starter, to be honest. It feels way too derpy and like a joke, like Oshawott.

Back