RogueChomp's 2012-2013 Season 525 CP

RE: What A Regionals- RogueChomp's Report

Pokemon Center. Used by Glace in major tournaments since Worlds 2012.

Yes it was fun Max Potioning you CONSTANTLY.

and I wasn't even playing Hydreigon

RE: The Luckiest Senior in the World's Tournament Season thread

grantm1999 said:
my PTO said only byes won for nats at States and regs count as 100%, but regular ones do not.

This is incorrect. A bye is counted as playing someone with a perfect record, that played only other people with perfect records. It factors into resistance as an opponent who has never lost and his opponents have never lost. So it contributes a 100% to your Opponent's Win and Opponent's Opponent's Win. There are no difference between byes at Nats or Battle Roads. This is why a Bye is so desirable at Nats.

A bye at a tournament is worth no points towards resistance. I believe this is also the reason it doesn't affect your ELO rating. It is the same as playing a 0-0 opponent so it won't provide any at the end. For Nationals a special version of TOM is used that can give perfect byes to the players who earned them.

grantm1999 said:

Can I dislike this post XD?
Them Rayeels. NORMAL ones don't play Max Potion, but hey, you had to be that one guy.

King Arceus said:
A bye at a tournament is worth no points towards resistance. I believe this is also the reason it doesn't affect your ELO rating. It is the same as playing a 0-0 opponent so it won't provide any at the end. For Nationals a special version of TOM is used that can give perfect byes to the players who earned them.

This was changed at the beginning of the 2010 season, and byes now provide 100% to all tiebreakers. This is not a special version of TOM, this is a change that was made and is given to all byes.

I can't find anything mentioning it in official documentation. Can I get a link?

King Arceus said:
I can't find anything mentioning it in official documentation. Can I get a link?

The change was never officially specified. But it is easily noted on round 2 if your TO posts standings. If there is a person with a Bye, they will be number one in the standings.

RogueChomp said:
grantm1999 said:

Them Rayeels. NORMAL ones don't play Max Potion, but hey, you had to be that one guy.

I'd say it's the best item that can be in the deck even over ultra ball and catcher.

Over Catcher? Seriously? -__-

No Catcher is too OP. Its not even better than Ultra Ball, because its not a staple. But it is helpful. And annoying.

RogueChomp said:
grantm1999 said:

I play Max Potion in RayEels *sniff*

i dont make slops with my drafting godness?

Well the gamestate is both players responsibility. I think the reason the judge(s) did not attempt a rewind is because no prizes are on the line. If it was rated then they likely would have attempted to rewind. It depends on what all got played though on if a legit rewind could be done.

A prize penalty for putting six prizes at a prerelease? Prerelease is only tier 1 and really is about having fun getting the cards before the general public. Having more prizes than you are suppose to have is a lot less serious than not placing any. Unless search was done I'd probably just issue a caution and have the player put two of the prizes on the bottom of their deck. If search was done then a warning would be the max I would go.

to answer your question...very happy now

King Arceus said:
Well the gamestate is both players responsibility. I think the reason the judge(s) did not attempt a rewind is because no prizes are on the line. If it was rated then they likely would have attempted to rewind. It depends on what all got played though on if a legit rewind could be done.

A prize penalty for putting six prizes at a prerelease? Prerelease is only tier 1 and really is about having fun getting the cards before the general public. Having more prizes than you are suppose to have is a lot less serious than not placing any. Unless search was done I'd probably just issue a caution and have the player put two of the prizes on the bottom of their deck. If search was done then a warning would be the max I would go.

It was at the Booster Draft, in which there were prizes. Both instances. They did shuffled the deck and he did search. Doesn't really matter muuch.

Back