Rogue Deck Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Rogue Decks that can beat Meta Decks!

I saw someone playing that with some success at league. He used Terrakion and Exp Share for revenge KOs, which seemed to work pretty well.

Ive been playing with trubbish / tool box with wins probably 70% of the time(still needs tweaking)
Also, since Tornadus EX PLF came out I've been mainly used him in my competitive decks. I find its either hit or miss but Ive pulled off a few 2nd places with it.

With Tornadus I've done: quad tornadus, tornadus / thundorus, tornadus / sigilyph, and right now I'm testing tornadus with sable and absol which isn't bad either.

JD.

I've been playing Darkrai / Hydra for a long time, and I've had pretty good success, beating plasma most of the time, and Blastoise too... Haven't really tested the Virgen matchup yet, but DarkGarb is a rough ride, but it's still winnable.

Emolga2254 said:
I've been playing Darkrai/Hydra for a long time, and I've had pretty good sucess, beating plasma most of the time, and blastoise too... Haven't really tested the Virgen matchup yet, but DarkGarb is a rough ride, but it's still winnable.

Anything is winnable with Hydreigon :D

I use a similar deck with Togekiss. I use Togekiss / Darkrai BW73. Togekiss of course has ROCK GUARD to protect itself along with Aspertia City Gym. I have Darkrai EX in there for free retreats, and I use Darkrai BW73's Hide in Shadows attack (Dark Claw attached as well) for 30 (or 50 with Dark Claw). Togekiss comes back up. Once I start piling the damage, Darkrai EX comes up for a kill and snipe damage OR I use Darkrai BW73's second attack to finish it off. It is pretty fun and pretty consistent.

Ive been considering bringing Darkrai / Victini to CA reigonals. The deck is a work in progress and it seems to have quite good matchups against Virgen, Darkrai Garbador, Tool Time, and Empoleon . Its even matchups are Blastoise (suprisingly), Plasma (considering you run enhanced), Quad sig and Garchomp. Probably your worst matchups are straight darkrai, Suicune / Terrakion and Hydreigon. What do you guys think?

I haven't been able to really test it a lot. But dragonite / garbodor / Tropius has had really good success. It blocks items and abilities. Tropius is a good starter, a good secondary attacker and increases consistency and speed with return and energy press. Dragonite / Garbodor Isnt that good on its own. but with Tropius its pulls off some solid wins. The i've only lost once or twice out of 20ish matches, mostly due to horrible starts.

Though I dont have access to TCGO, so i cant really give it a fair testing run. If anyone is interested in tested it for me can shoot me a PM and i can send you the deck list. Its definitely not a perfect list and could use some improvements, but if it can get set up behind Tropius, it can be an amazing annoying deck to play against.

littywitty said:
Ive been considering bringing Darkrai/Victini to CA reigonals. The deck is a work in progress and it seems to have quite good matchups against Virgen, Darkrai Garbador, Tool Time, and Empoleon . Its even matchups are Blastoise (suprisingly), Plasma (considering you run enhanced), Quad sig and Garchomp. Probably your worst matchups are straight darkrai, Suicune Terrakion and Hydreigon. What do you guys think?

Finally someone who mentioned Victini. Victini has a lot of potential. I'm still playing my Six Corners Victini varriant with success. (I'll like it a lot more when Energy Switch and Cobalion comes back.) I also like Hydreigon because of its tech potential, but Plasma gives it trouble. If you don't go first against a good list, I'll bet its nigh impossible to set up.

Mora said:
littywitty said:
Ive been considering bringing Darkrai/Victini to CA reigonals. The deck is a work in progress and it seems to have quite good matchups against Virgen, Darkrai Garbador, Tool Time, and Empoleon . Its even matchups are Blastoise (suprisingly), Plasma (considering you run enhanced), Quad sig and Garchomp. Probably your worst matchups are straight darkrai, Suicune Terrakion and Hydreigon. What do you guys think?

Finally someone who mentioned Victini. Victini has a lot of potential. I'm still playing my Six Corners Victini varriant with success. (I'll like it a lot more when Energy Switch and Cobalion comes back.) I also like Hydreigon because of its tech potential, but Plasma gives it trouble. If you don't go first against a good list, I'll bet its nigh impossible to set up.

I love Victini EX! I've been playtesting a Six corners EX version for a while now with Victini as my ideal energy accelerator. do you know for sure, is E-switch been confirmed as being reprinted? I know Cobalion NV is getting reprinted in Legendary treasures.

I'm in the process of building my new favourite deck of all time, after seeing huge success online - Palkia EX / Umbreon / Cherrim. Dimension Heal does 80 and heals 20 for each Plasma Energy, Cherrim heals 20 once a turn for anything with a Grass Energy on it, and we all know what Umbreon does. Basically, Palkia becomes a regenerating powerhouse.

Also it's not rogue, more homebrew, but my girlfriend is building Landorus EX / Cobalion EX / Deoxys EX / Absol / Umbreon / Plasma Badge (bit of a mouthful!). Plasma Badge on Lando / Cobalion and it gets the HP boost of Umbreon and the damage boost of Deoxys. Absol is for non-EX, and she plays 4 Scrappers against Mirrors. As much as it sounds like a lot, it's an amazingly powerful deck.

I'm 99% sure. If they don't get reprinted, I'll have to find some other rogue to play.

I've been working on a new one. It's a Team Plasma deck. Leafeon, Escavalier, Deoxys EX. It's working pretty well right now but I still have a couple of things to switch in and out.

It's all about Tornadus PLF / Sableye. You can add garb if you like, slows it down some but its better for end games. I've had a ton of success getting very early Tornadus with 4x Plasma, ranging from T1-T3. Though its risky to put all your eggs in one basket like that the payout can be exponential if you can shut your opponent out fast enough.

Jamster said:
I've been working on a new one. It's a Team Plasma deck. Leafeon, Escavalier, Deoxys EX. It's working pretty well right now but I still have a couple of things to switch in and out.

How does this work? I'm intrigued.

scizorlicious said:
I would. It's not a bad deck - it completely steamrolls Plasma once set up - but there are just too many matchups that can go so wrong. Blastoise doesn't have much trouble manually powering up a Keldeo in three turns and taking out any Zebstrika; not to mention a T2 Blastoise is very difficult to come back against.

Anything with Terrakion/Landorus destroys Zebstrika.

Darkrai - especially Darkrai/Garbodor - has no problem with Zebstrika. It hits 90 with 3 energy and can only be 3HKO'd back with Bangle.

I suppose using LaserBank and Bangle could ensure 2HKOs (assuming no Lightning resistance), but that's even more to set up. I just don't see Zebstrika being able to win consistently enough against popular decks to take any moderately-sized tournaments.

Actually, I've been running Zebstrika/Garbodor and I've been having really good match ups with it.

Plasma, steam rolled.
Darkrai, a surprisingly good matchup. I've tested this the most probably, (though it was against Darkrai/Hydregon, but I'd think other variants wouldn't be too different.) and if I can get myself set up turn 2, which is very common for this deck, they're going to have a very rough time coming back. I thought they whole 1 shot for 3 energy would be difficult to deal with, but with Virbank/Lasers, it becomes a lot easier to deal with. And even with them, the deck is still pretty consistent. I'd actually say they're needed due to Zebstrika's low damage output.
Blasoise, I haven't had a chance to really test against it, but see Darkrai. Unless they get a turn 2 Blastoise, and actually power up a few Keldeo, this match up should be pretty similar.
Virizion/Genesect, can be a difficult match up, but it depends on how well they can adapt. Virizion though, is very annoying with powering up, and the fact that they can 2 shot you, and Genesect can 1 shot anyone without Silver Mirror (but you need bangle to kill them quick enough...) I'd say this is the only really tough match up.
Landerous is pretty much an auto-loss, but his popularity has really died down with how popular Plasma is, so I don't think this is too big of a worry to be honest.

Anyways, I think Zebstrika/Garbodor will definitely win at least 1 Regionals, and has potential to do a lot better than people expect.

Kadinkun said:
scizorlicious said:
I would. It's not a bad deck - it completely steamrolls Plasma once set up - but there are just too many matchups that can go so wrong. Blastoise doesn't have much trouble manually powering up a Keldeo in three turns and taking out any Zebstrika; not to mention a T2 Blastoise is very difficult to come back against.

Anything with Terrakion/Landorus destroys Zebstrika.

Darkrai - especially Darkrai/Garbodor - has no problem with Zebstrika. It hits 90 with 3 energy and can only be 3HKO'd back with Bangle.

I suppose using LaserBank and Bangle could ensure 2HKOs (assuming no Lightning resistance), but that's even more to set up. I just don't see Zebstrika being able to win consistently enough against popular decks to take any moderately-sized tournaments.

Actually, I've been running Zebstrika/Garbodor and I've been having really good match ups with it.

Plasma, steam rolled.
Darkrai, a surprisingly good matchup. I've tested this the most probably, (though it was against Darkrai/Hydregon, but I'd think other variants wouldn't be too different.) and if I can get myself set up turn 2, which is very common for this deck, they're going to have a very rough time coming back. I thought they whole 1 shot for 3 energy would be difficult to deal with, but with Virbank/Lasers, it becomes a lot easier to deal with. And even with them, the deck is still pretty consistent. I'd actually say they're needed due to Zebstrika's low damage output.
Blasoise, I haven't had a chance to really test against it, but see Darkrai. Unless they get a turn 2 Blastoise, and actually power up a few Keldeo, this match up should be pretty similar.
Virizion/Genesect, can be a difficult match up, but it depends on how well they can adapt. Virizion though, is very annoying with powering up, and the fact that they can 2 shot you, and Genesect can 1 shot anyone without Silver Mirror (but you need bangle to kill them quick enough...) I'd say this is the only really tough match up.
Landerous is pretty much an auto-loss, but his popularity has really died down with how popular Plasma is, so I don't think this is too big of a worry to be honest.

Anyways, I think Zebstrika/Garbodor will definitely win at least 1 Regionals, and has potential to do a lot better than people expect.
Please elaborate on exactly how Zebstrika:
>"Steam Rolls Plasma"
>It is surprisingly "good" against Darkrai
>Is going to ever win a Regionals...It is literally outclassed in so many other ways
Honestly I feel that your "meta decks" are a bit subpar. Even though this is rogue deck discussion it doesn't mean that people will just "accept" your cute rogue decks. You need to post with examples and logic if you want people to accept the decks.

Well, it's true that Zebstrika steam rolls Plasma (although time can easily come into play game 2 and 3) because of Silver Mirror. I don't like pretty much every other aspect of the deck though; it's fragile, slow, and inconsistent due to the low HP stage 1's you have to keep flowing. Keep in mind that Darkrai is entirely different from Darkrai/Hydreigon, since Darkrai has much fewer issues with Garbodor than Hydreigon does.

TBH, I actually took the deck seriously for a short time because it theoretically can beat everything and item lock is insanely powerful, but it's flaws outweigh the benefits. I could see it getting played at some LC's later on in extremely Plasma-heavy metagames, but for something as varied as a Regionals, the matchups aren't good enough to merit playing.

Rogue Decks that can beat Meta Decks!

Blah said:
Well, it's true that Zebstrika steam rolls Plasma (although time can easily come into play game 2 and 3) because of Silver Mirror. I don't like pretty much every other aspect of the deck though; it's fragile, slow, and inconsistent due to the low HP stage 1's you have to keep flowing. Keep in mind that Darkrai is entirely different from Darkrai/Hydreigon, since Darkrai has much fewer issues with Garbodor than Hydreigon does.

TBH, I actually took the deck seriously for a short time because it theoretically can beat everything and item lock is insanely powerful, but it's flaws outweigh the benefits. I could see it getting played at some LC's later on in extremely Plasma-heavy metagames, but for something as varied as a Regionals, the matchups aren't good enough to merit playing.
I personally run 3 Tool Scrapper in TDK so I don't find silver mirror to hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back