Robin Williams Dead At Age 63

98Greener

tree noises
So yeah. Just found out that comedian/actor Robin Williams has died today.
Only age 63, and it's apparently suicide.

For those who don't know, Robin Williams, he was an actor in movies like Night At The Museum, Mrs. Doubtfire and Jumanji. He also voiced The Genie in Aladdin.

Post your thoughts here, I guess. I'm pretty bummed, and thought you guys would like to know.

RE: Robin Williams dead at age 63.

Truly sad to hear. I won't say his oeuvre was particularly brilliant, but he was certainly a big part of my childhood. I can't begin to imagine how many times I've watched Aladdin, and Jumanji is one of those movies I refuse to watch as an adult because I have far too many fond childhood memories of it. Memories which will probably be ruined when watched through the eye of an adult. That exact thing happened to Flubber, another movie of his I watched far too many times as a kid.
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99Op1TaXmCw[/video]
God I love this movie ._.

A genius. One of the few words that can describe him. And I guess Warrior is the other one, having to fight all those demons within for the last year with rehab, depression and all of that. I loved many of his movies: RV, Patch Adams... It's just sad that he leaves us, but I guess he's better now wherever he is. May he rest in peace.

He was suffering from depression, and depression is a wicked disease. It's a shame he had to take his own life...

R.I.P. Robin Williams, you were an amazing comedic talent and you will be sorely missed.

My favorite films by Robin Williams are Popeye, Disney's Aladdin, Hook, Jumanji, Mrs. Doubtfire, Jack, and Flubber all of which were great films. While I haven't looked into his stand up comic routine as much as his Hollywood film career whom he was better known for he'll be greatly missed and my condolences go out to his family and friends. Wherever you are Robin thanks for all the laughs and wonderful memories. :)

Damn shame really we lost such of person of almost perfect Comedy =/

Just came home from the park, and first thing I see on the tv is this sad news... I didn't watch a whole lot of his films, but the ones I did watch were pretty entertaining.

R.I.P. Mr Williams.

Just found out about it now. I knew he had issues with rehab and depression lately but...holy cow, I'm still in shock. He was awesome in Good Will Hunting and so funny in Aladdin. It's going to be a while before I can watch anything with him in it and not feel empty inside. ;_;

RIP Robin Williams. Thanks for all the laughter and memories.

I saw this on Yahoo when I came home from work. Prettu sad indeed, I had forgotten he was also Genie in Aladdin, one of my favorite non TMNT, RE, or Pokemon movies. I also remember Jumanji and Mrs. Doubtfire.

On top of it all, his last series with Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy, yay for me) was also cancelled after one season.

Robin Williams, R.I.P.

I woke up to learn this sad, sad news. Like c-m, I pretty much watched everything this guy made while growing up. He was one of my favorite actors and it is very sad to see that his time has finally come. RIP.

Well, this is rough...

I can't imagine what the guy was going through. For a man who had so much to live for and so much to give, he must have had terrible mental problems if he was driven to suicide.

If anything good can come of this, it'll be the news coverage bringing ever greater attention to the depression epidemic. It can hit anyone, even our childhood heroes who seem so damn invincible, and I hope the world chews that over as it grieves. Let this be Robin's final gift to the world.

RIP

I found out just before work last night. He was a great actor and was in some of my favorite movies.

Sad, sad news indeed hearing that someone I watched from movies growing up is now gone. RIP you lovable Genie, Robin Williams.

dmaster out.

Alan Moore said:
“Heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. Great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go and see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says, "But doctor...I am Pagliacci.”

From the comic book series "Watchmen" this was sadly appropriate in the case of Robin Williams.

I found this cool video on YouTube about how Robin William's daughter got her name:

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcZhY_Zo-yg&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I'll admit that Robin's death hit me harder than I would have thought, and certainly moreso than any of the other celebrity deaths I've been around for. I think a large part of it is that I grew up with him, being a child of the 90s and all, but also because I've been battling with mental illness most of my life, so I can't help but sympathize with the struggles he's been going to.

We'll since I'm younger than all of you I didn't watch Aladdin much and only heard his name now but...
R.I.P.

Robin Williams death is quite tragic. He was a great comedic actor that cut his own life too short. I wish he was stronger and could have overcome this. The taking of one's life is very hard for me to understand and aggravates me. I'm sick of seeing the news every few months or so that report upon celebrities taking their own life. He was one of the funniest actors, had natural comedic talent, and still had more comedic genius to give us. I was a fan and grew up in the 90s surrounded by his movies, like "Aladdin," "Hook," "Patch Adams," and "Mrs. Doubtfire."
He will be missed by many.

To make things worse, Lauren Bacall died a few days ago, as well. She will also be missed and mourned by many.

Back