Ruling Rising Rivals Cards, Sleep Damage, Lv. X Rule

NotSeen

Aspiring Trainer
Hi guys!

Allow me to introduce problems, I had with my friends yesterday:

1) If this (or any other Stage 2 Pokémon) comes onto bench via Lifesplosion, then comes in active position and opponent uses Devolution Punch, I presume, it wouldn't work, because the Stage 2 is treated like Basic at that time, isn't it?

2) On each Lv. X card is written, it may be placed only on Active Pokémon. (For example Flygon Lv. X). Does it mean, the Lv. X card must be taken back to its owner's hand, if the active Pokémon with Lv. X card on it retreats?
NOTE: This could be one possibility, how the new Mega evolutions could work, after it comes into TCG.

3) Rising Rivals Darkrai G's ability reads to put 1 damage counter on each of opponent's asleep Pokémon. I'd like to ask, how it works step-by-step:
a) 1. Opponent's active Pokémon is put to sleep by an attack.
2. The player's turn ends and it is now the state “between turnsƒ”.
3. Opponents asleep Pokémon receive 1 damage counter.
4. Opponent flips a coin. a) If heads, his/her Pokémon wakes up. | b) If tails, his/her Pokémon remains asleep.
5. It is opponents turn now, so he/she draws a card.

b) 1. Opponent's active Pokémon is put to sleep by an attack.
2. The player's turn ends and it is now the state “between turnsƒ”.
3. Opponents gets a chance to wake his/her asleep Pokémon and flips a coin.
4. a) If heads, his/her Pokémon wakes up and doesn't receive any damage from sleep. | b) If tails, his/her Pokémon remains asleep and then receives 1 damage counter.
5. It is opponents turn now, so he/she draws a card.

Which from this two situations is right?

4) Majestic Dawn's first generation Eeveelutions have the Poké-Power called “Undevelop” via which they can anytime devolve. Neither on those cards nor on Eevee isn't written, it can't evolve during the same time it devolved, so I'd like to ask, if it is possible to replace for example Vaporeon with any other Eeveelution at the same turn?

5) Rising Rivals Shiftry's Poké-Body reads: “As long as Shiftry is your active Pokémon, whenever your opponent flips a coin during his or her next turn, treat is as tails.” Does it mean, if the defending Pokémon is burned and opponent's coin flip results as heads, it doesn't receive the burn damage? (Because this damage is received in between turns.)

6) And one more card from Rising Rivals: Hippowdon Lv. X.
Sand reset refers all cards in play except for any supporters and Pokémon. Are the cards in discard pile and prize cards included? They are in play, aren't they?

That's all for this time.

Thanks for answers ;-)

1. It simply does the damage as it's not an evolved pokémon.

2. Lv.X just meant that it had to be active in order to level up, it stays leveled up if moved to the bench.

3. B.

4. No, a pokémon has to be out for a turn in order to evolve (unless you have Broken Time-Space out)

5. Correct.

6. No, they are part of the play area, but not in play.

As a note, "in play" refers only to the Active and Benched Pokemon, cards attached to them, and the Stadium card.

Back