Reshiphlosion now.

How good is Reshiphlosion today?

• Total voters

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
A while back, I made a thread asking you all if Reshiphlosion or ZPST was better. I know a lot of you have selected ZPST, but I began (slightly) to build a Reshiphlosion deck.

I haven't gotten far.

I'm looking at some of the decks that are winning today, and decks like EelZone, Six Corners, and Cobalion are raiding the format, and I'm not sure if Reshiphlosion is as capable as it was before.

Because my resources are limited, I want to build one deck, (the best one possible), that I can take to Nationals this year. I'm doubting Reshiphlosion now, so I'm asking you all...

Where does Reshiphlosion stand in today's metagame? Should I switch to Eelzone? Is it just as good?

Thank you all.

I think that TyRam is good, but with Magnezone.

Magnezone gives it a better matchup against lock decks, a hugely (Is that a word?) important thing to happen to TyRam. The reason that TyRam stopped seeing play was many mad Gothitelle and Truth matchups.

Magnezone also gives you a nice backup plan. Every deck likes to have a plan B, and since Typhlosion can attack, a plan C?

The reason Magnezone is better than Ninetales is that Magnezone is harder to ko, works as an attacker, and draw more cards more often. When playing Ninetales, sometimes you won't have the energy, or the only energy in your hand you need to attack. Magnetic Draw is much better. Also, often you'll end up using up your entire hand to get the Magnezone, so it is possible to Magnetic Draw for 4-6 cards.

It has potential with Magnezone.

I really don't like Magnezone. It's just too clunky and horribly hard to keep on the bench with Catcher in-format. With Magnezone, you might as well make it Emboar instead of Typhlosion and change the entire deck.

TyRam has had its moment, but I think it's done, especially once we get all these EXs and such. I wouldn't build it- it's just falling down the tiers.

The thing about Magnezone is some games you don't need it or even use it. The point is consistency. Magneboar is not consistent because of Emboar, but Typhlosion is consistent.

Magnezone as gives better matchups against the EXs.

You're better off running Magneboar with Reshiram if you wanted to run it. Typhlosion/Reshiram is a completely different deck with and without Magnezone (I know the wording was weird- I meant you would be better off running Magneboar instead of TyRam if you wanted to use Magnezone with Reshriam).

Anyway, TyRam isn't "bad," per se, but it just doesn't have the power that it used to have. Once EP and NV came out, everything pretty much changed for TyRam. Eelektrik made Magnezone popular, changing TyRam for the worst, since it's easy to LB a Typhlosion with Catcher. Speaking of Catcher, Catcher itself has made Cyndaquils vulnerable to low energy reliant or speedy attackers, like Zekrom and Donphan. Gothitelle and Vileplume make it struggle to keep up, and Kyurem spreads around to make minor difficulty for it. When google.dec was revealed, many TyRam players realized that SEL would destroy it, and many dropped it.

TyRam does have a good match up against decks like Cobalion and Chandelure (to an extent, since you can KO the Chandelures with Blue Flare), and gives them trouble if you can set up the Typhlosions. All in all, Eelzone has been proven to be a more successful deck, but if TyRam is all you can afford, then I suggest you ask around to make a good list and practice with it, because that's all you can really do.

I feel the same way about Reshiphlosizone. <-teehee Just seems too much of a mess.

I know we're getting Reshiram EX as well...will make some sort of impact? I was thinking:

3/2 EX/Reshiram BW
4-2-4 Typhlosion
...techs...

wouldn't be bad. Especially if we threw in Fliptini so I wouldn't do 50 to myself 75% of the time.

The Yoshi said:
Speaking of Catcher, Catcher itself has made Cyndaquils vulnerable to low energy reliant or speedy attackers, like Zekrom and Donphan. Because everyone plays Donphan and Stage 1 decks now? Most Zekrom varients use Eel noe Gothitelle and Vileplume make it struggle to keep up, which is why Magnezone is good and Kyurem spreads around to make minor difficulty for it and then you knockout the Kyurem with a Pluspower and they have nothing unless they want to blow up again. When google.dec was revealed, many TyRam players realized that SEL would destroy it, and many dropped it. Which is why you use Magnezone

TyRam does have a good match up against decks like Cobalion and Chandelure (to an extent, since you can KO the Chandelures with Blue Flare),how so? and gives them trouble if you can set up the Typhlosions. All in all, Eelzone has been proven to be a more successful deck, but if TyRam is all you can afford, then I suggest you ask around to make a good list and practice with it, because that's all you can really do.

Most of you points are reasoning to use Magnezone. I added some comments in.

@Serperior: Victini doesn't seem like a solid choice. It's pretty much Catcher bait, and it's one less Typhlosion you can set up.

@Glaceon: *sigh* Why did I think Chandelure had 110 HP? :/ Anyway, I don't think you understand. You don't run Magnezone in Typhlosion/Reshiram. It just doesn't work. I've playtested many a time with it, and you want your main priority on Typhlosion. Like I said, you're better off running Magneboar if you want to run Magnezone with Reshiram. Gothitelle and Vileplume don't make Magnezone any better in TyRam.

Magnezone and Typhlosion are completely different from each other. I could rant all day about it, but all I'll say is that using Lost Burn (which is what you appear to be saying from your posts) is contradictory when you want your Energies in the LZ. I use Afterburner on any of my Pokemon, then my opponent promotes another Pokemon and Catcher KOs that Pokemon. It just doesn't work.

Magnezone for sweep/tanks. I have played this deck for a while now and have never had an energy problem. Magnezone sets up the Typhlosion. I often get 2 Typhlosion and 2 Magnezone set up turn 4/5. Attacking.

I don't think you understand. TyRam is not that great, but Magnezone covers all of its bad matchups. Reshiram is the attacker. Magnezone usually attacks once or twice to knockout a drawpower/tank/energy acceleration Pokémon, and then is switch back to the bench. Some games you don't use Magnezone because it is not necessary for winning.

This is what I'm thinking:

Magnezone, Gothitelle, Chandelure, are all OHKO'd by Reshiram EX's second attack that requires four Energy. No discarding, just a 50 damage drawback if I flip a tails. As of now, Reshiphlosion doesn't seem to have much going for it. Kyurem gets a Weakness boost, Zone has built-in drawpower, Zekrom is faster. But if I get Reshiram EX into the mix, this may bring back Reshiphlosion. I guess I'm changing the discussion a little but will Reshiram EX be game-breaking? Maybe that's too extreme...

No, Reshiram EX will not make much of a differance because to damage will set you up for a revenge KO and you'll lose the prize race

The question is, why would you use Typhlosion Prime with Reshiram-EX? Its faster since you only need 1 stage 2 to be able to charge it in 1 turn, and it doesn't add damage counters. The only reason Tyhplosion is used with Reshiram is because Reshiram discards energy so its more consistent with Typhlosion because you don't need Energy Retrieval and Fisherman. With Reshiram EX, Typhlosion is slower, less consistent, and opens Reshiram-EX up to more revenge KOs due to placing damage, compared to Emboar. Sell your Typhlosion now, they'll be useless when Zekrom-EX/Eel and Reshiram-EX/Emboar.

Glaceon said:
Magnezone for sweep/tanks. I have played this deck for a while now and have never had an energy problem. Magnezone sets up the Typhlosion. I often get 2 Typhlosion and 2 Magnezone set up turn 4/5. Attacking.

I don't think you understand. TyRam is not that great, but Magnezone covers all of its bad matchups. Reshiram is the attacker. Magnezone usually attacks once or twice to knockout a drawpower/tank/energy acceleration Pokémon, and then is switch back to the bench. Some games you don't use Magnezone because it is not necessary for winning.

How is Magnezone supposed to set up Typhlosion when Catcher is KO'ing all of my Cyndaquils? While I'm burning resources to set a Magnezone up, my opponent is getting rid of anything that can be used to put a Typhlosion in play. Getting 2 Magnezone and 2 Typhlosion on T4/5 and having them attacking is completely unrealistic, because 1) You would need a near perfect hand for that to happen, and 2) Catcher is KO'ing the Cyndaquils, making the chance of you setting up a Typhlosion much, much, less.

Setting up 2 Typhlosion is a problem, so now I'm using resources to set up a Magnezone and one Typhlosion, which is likely to be KO'd sooner or later. I understand the circumstances here, but wasting space for Magnezone is not worth it. Again, I'd rather be running Magneboar with Reshiram and RDL than Magnezone/Typhlosion/Reshiram.

Onto the Reshiram EX topic, I have to agree with iisnumber12. Although reliable to hit Gothitelle, Magnezone, and Chandelure, the 2-prize rule is too risky to play more than one copy. It's a cool one-of, though. Even a one-of Entei EX would be interesting. Reshiram EX is helpful, but it isn't game breaking, and I doubt it will make TyRam much better than it is now.

Because you'll easily be Catcher ko'd out of all your Cyndaquils T3?

You use Resources to set up Magnezone, and then get more with Magnetic Draw.

1) Magnetic Draw and Junk Arm let your discard the cards you don't need while reusing Candies and getting the cards you need to get out more evolutions.

2) Yes, maybe one or possibly two Cyndaquils could be Catcher ko'd, but you should have up Typhlosion by then. And that (in most cases) only happens when the opponent has a really good hand, unless they are playing ZPST.

Getting up 2 Typhlosion is a problem in regular TyRams. I agree. With is exactly why to use Magnezone.

One the topic of Reshiram EX, 4 Energy is a pain when it could easily be knocked out the next turn with a Bolt Strike Pluspower for 2 prizes.

Hm. So a no-go on the Reshi EX.

What's your line of Reshiphlosizone Glaceon? It just seems like a lot.

I use 3-2-3 of each. I have trainer lock in my area which is why I don't use 3-1-3 lines. You can add another Cyndaquil of you want too if you are worried about Catcher. I have never had Catcher or Typhlosion problems.

I use 20 Pokémon.

Glaceon said:
Because you'll easily be Catcher ko'd out of all your Cyndaquils T3?

You use Resources to set up Magnezone, and then get more with Magnetic Draw.

1) Magnetic Draw and Junk Arm let your discard the cards you don't need while reusing Candies and getting the cards you need to get out more evolutions.

2) Yes, maybe one or possibly two Cyndaquils could be Catcher ko'd, but you should have up Typhlosion by then. And that (in most cases) only happens when the opponent has a really good hand, unless they are playing ZPST.

Getting up 2 Typhlosion is a problem in regular TyRams. I agree. With is exactly why to use Magnezone.

I'm telling you, even with Magnezone, the deck can't handle certain things. Magnezone only has to LZ 3 Energy to KO a Typhlosion, Kyurem goes to town early game to hit Cyndaquils, and Terrakion can be used to counter Magnezone. Once those Typhlosion are gone, Magnezone becomes useless, and Reshiram has nothing to work off of.

Let me try to explain how Catcher hurts this deck one more time. I Catcher KO your Cyndaquil, you set up Magnezone and Magnetic Draw. Maybe you get a Typhlosion or two. I Catcher KO one of your Typhlosions, while you repeat your process. I Catcher/Junk Arm your Typhlosion and KO it. Now you have no Typhlosion left. GG. I know how good Magnezone is to support a deck with draw power, but I just don't think it's right for a deck like TyRam. If you think it is, props to you.

@Serperior: Reshiram EX isn't "bad," but I would rather use something that doesn't require as many energy. Entei EX, perhaps?

That is why you don't lead with Magnezone unless you have too.

Also a good TyRamZone player will not Lost Zone too many energy.

Grand Flame looks nice. Hmm...now I ask another question:

What are Reshiphlosion's match-ups as of now? I'm looking more at how it fares against Zekrom variants and Magnezone.

I'd say not very well against Zekrom. I played it for battle roads, and it wasn't a very hard matchup already, but then add in EViolite and TyRam's got itself a bad matchup.

Back