• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Reshikrom deck

Shiningmilotic

dipped my hair in the wild berry skittles rainbow!
Hi everyone! I am a long time pokemon fan from 1998 but have recently collected cards in the past 2 years and have been playing the tcg for a month now. So Im kinda new to playing the tcg! I play online LOL but have recently joined a local league. Well, here is my first modified-formatted deck from HGSS-BW EP which includes reshiram and zekrom. Its kinda a test deck until I hear some opinions! :p Im trying to get 2 more reshiram cards and a few emerging powers legends for later on. I like to have a lot of energies in this deck because of the "discard-a-card attacks." Please, any suggestions lemme know, because I'd like to get good at this!!!!! Thanks in advance for any opinions or help!!! Also, Please make sure your replies follow the rules!!!

Pokemon:

x2 Reshiram BW
x4 Vulpix ( 1x HGSS, x1 HGSS-UD, x1 CoL )
x2 Ninetails ( x1 HGSS, x1 CoL )
x2 Zekrom ( 1x BW, x1 BW-full art )
x3 Pikachu HGSS
x1 Raichu HGSS
x2 Blitzel BW
x1 Zebstrika BW
x1 Emolga BW
x1 Snorlax CoL

= 19 pokemon; 15 basic, 4 evolution

Trainers/Supporters:

x1 Professor Juniper BW
x1 PlusPower BW
x1 Defender HGSS-UL
x1 Cheren BW
x1 Greatball BW-EP
x3 Life Herb HGSS-UD
x1 Pokemon Reversal HGSS
x1 Professor Elm's Training Method CoL
x1 Revive BW
x2 Energy Search BW

= 13 Trainers/Supporters

Energies:

x1 Double Colorless Energy HGSS
x12 Lightning Energy ( x11 HGSS, x1 BW )
x15 Fire Energy ( x14 HGSS, x1 BW )

= 28 energies

-Larsa, Shiningmilotic

first, welcome to the game.
in competative play it's very important to have consistency. this mean you should have only a couple types of pokemon (which i see you have done). next, youhave to have a strategy (to wall, to outspeed your opponent, or to just do powerful attacks. reshiram and zekrom are both exelent cards and are worth playing. the only problem is they have high costs of different types of energy. in most reshiram or zekrom decks there are some dudes to give them some fuel (in zekrom: pachirisu (col) and shaymin (unleashed) in reshiram: typlosion prime hgss or emboar blw) these guys all exelerate energy cards and give consistency. also as i see in your deck you run 28 energies. this number is way to high because you will get energy floods alot. a good nmber for reshiram or zekrom decks is 14. next, ninetales is good draw power. draw power is needed in every deck. great draw power is cleffa, pokemon communication, and sage's training. i can help more but i have to go now so pm me if u need help.

Back