'Remix Bout,' Japan's July Set!

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Nope, we already know there's not enough room for Oshawott's line and probably not Tepig's (since I doubt Victini and Blacephalon will be Psychic) based on the revealed cards.
Blacephalon was revealed as a Psychic type today.
  • Blacephalon - 4 dmg counters spread and if the opponent got 3 prizes remaining spread 12 dmg counters instead? I like it. I wasn't in every deck because on the downside, I would see it in Dusknoir. Dusknoir spreads 8 dmg counters with the ability and Spell Tag, then easy to turn 2 it using Duskull that evolves into Dusclops turn 1. When it reaches 3 prizes, 1 Beast Ring and smash since it needs PC. 3-4 Geodudes

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Is this the first time Blacephalon has been Psychic? Well, that's something new at least.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Blacephalon is an awesome addition to several Malamar decks and could even work in an Ultra Beast deck. Would not be surprised to see this card as a stable one-off in either of these two decks similar to Nihilego. Duskull has an awesome means to instanbtly evolve on the turn it has been played with Soul Evolution and Dusknoir looks decent. I still tend to favor Aegislash as a Ghost-type stage two deck because it seems more stable and easier to use but the Dusknoir line is at least interesting.

Brancus

Aspiring Trainer
that blacephalon seems amazing! Espeon GX's GX attack only places 10 damage counters and has a higher cost (1 psychic 2 colorless)

Is this the first time Blacephalon has been Psychic? Well, that's something new at least.

it's because blacephalon's second typing ingame is ghost

Poke_collector

Aspiring Trainer
that blacephalon seems amazing! Espeon GX's GX attack only places 10 damage counters and has a higher cost (1 psychic 2 colorless)

it's because blacephalon's second typing ingame is ghost
I’m still waiting for a fairy type of Tapu koko and Tapu bulu

Incendium

Aspiring Trainer
Wow another Blacephalon already haha
I'm not complaining though, this will be an insane tech in any malamar or other psychic deck. Especially good with Mew/Mewtwo TTGX to have an attacker that is only one prize.

DarkMatterGaming

Aspiring Trainer
That Duskull is good.

Kind of a shame we don't really have a great Dusknoir to go into in Standard.

Expanded has Sinister Hand Dusknoir, so with Weezing, Spell Tag, Tapu Koko, Shrine - its a really nice tool for Spread in expanded. Especially since we have the Eggs and the evolution isn't on an attack, its on an ability.

I like it.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
it's because blacephalon's second typing ingame is ghostu
Yes, I'm aware, but they never used Psychic to represent the Ghost type for it in the card game until now.

Last edited:

CynderDarkov

Aspiring Trainer
Looks like Weezing has a new friend in Blacephalon.
Except when it comes out Weezing will be kinda dead or much weaker. With no DCE or Counter Energy, they will probably have to rely on fire energy on Welder

_________

That said I really like this Blacephalon too and I can see it working in like all Malamar variations, especially Ultra Necrozma for more set up with Sky Scorching Light, and even the upcoming Malamar Giratina. And I guess maybe spread Malamar if that's still a thing after rotation, but loosing Tapu Koko probably kills that maybe tbh I don't have the best knowledge on that variation.

Also also every Blacephalon has been good which is so weird but cool. It's probably the first Pokemon where I like because of the card game specifically and not the video games. Like previously when I played Ultramoon, I thought Blacephalon was kinda stupid lol.

sKizor

Aspiring Trainer
I have tested weezing with both fire and fairy engines
Except when it comes out Weezing will be kinda dead or much weaker. With no DCE or Counter Energy, they will probably have to rely on fire energy on Welder

_________

That said I really like this Blacephalon too and I can see it working in like all Malamar variations, especially Ultra Necrozma for more set up with Sky Scorching Light, and even the upcoming Malamar Giratina. And I guess maybe spread Malamar if that's still a thing after rotation, but loosing Tapu Koko probably kills that maybe tbh I don't have the best knowledge on that variation.

Also also every Blacephalon has been good which is so weird but cool. It's probably the first Pokemon where I like because of the card game specifically and not the video games. Like previously when I played Ultramoon, I thought Blacephalon was kinda stupid lol.

I have actually tested weezing with both the fire engine with welder and the fairy engine with mina and both actually perform rather well. As long as you have some kind of acceleration to get at least one energy down on blaphalon and drop a rainbow you are good. Sure losing tapu koko hurts the deck, but it doesn't kill it. Most weezing deck only used 1-2 koko anyways. and once 3 weezing are set up you don't even use koko anymore unless it's for an emergency escape rope. I don't see blacephalon being more than a 1-2 of in weezing as it will probably be one of the replacements for the psychic magical swap lele if people don't just swap out for the fairy one.

taveryri

Aspiring Trainer
Blacephalon + Greens Engine + Magius + Beast Ring?
Then late game Energy Switch and attach into Gartina TTGX with Fighting Dojo to swing for 280 and finish the game?

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
I think I got lost in the meta evolution somewhere, but I don't see why Blacephalon is all that great, other than coming clutch after they KO one of your TTGXs to spread 12. Otherwise 4 damage counters for [P][C] doesn't feel amazing. Maybe in a GarchTina TTGX deck, but who's seriously using that...