'Remix Bout,' Japan's July Set!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Mar 18, 2019.

1. steffenka Miss Vaanjie
    steffenka

Updated the Phione! Sorry for the mistake!

2. Poke_collector Aspiring Trainer
    Poke_collector

What’s the name of kyogres second attack?

3. steffenka Miss Vaanjie
    steffenka

Swirling Waves! Thanks for catching that, it's fixed now!

4. Atrac059 Aspiring Trainer
    Atrac059

Wow. They just gave Karplord decks a monster alternative to Oranguru as the lead.

5. The Rhyperior I am still Mr. Rhyperior
    The Rhyperior

• Phione - Infinite Repels. Still not the best. Letting the opponent choose their opponent is bad. 3 Geodudes
    • Kyogre - Accelerate energy without doing any sorts of dmg is bad. 3 Geodudes.

6. Jake_Silberman Competitive PTCG Player
    Jake_Silberman

If people still think that Phione = infinite Guzmas, it's not.

Phione's ability is a Repel, which makes it much much worse. I'm pretty sure that TPCi wouldn't rotate Guzma just so they could give us an infinite number of them in a match.

7. Lord Goomy Got Goomies?
    Lord Goomy

Kyogre: We’ll have to see what the Blastoise tag team does first. For now? Looks promising.
    Phione: It’s... okay. It’s kind of like Rotom Dex Poké Finder Mode. It’s cool, but nobody’s gonna use it.

8. AmbientDinosaur Aspiring Trainer
    AmbientDinosaur

Even as just a Repel rather than Gust of wind, that Phione card would have been annoying with Brooklet Hill, if it didn't get rotated.

Ghostrickster likes this.
  9. Ghostrickster Aspiring Trainer
    Ghostrickster

Phione is a free Jet Geyser, which is a pretty good ability. It's not the best or anything , but it'll definitely be a handy 1-of in some decks, especially Water decks that may have additional synergy / ways to search it. Considering the other gusting options available, or the lack thereof, after the rotation, Phione isn't bad at all.

10. jamashawalker Ikouze!
    jamashawalker

People are forgetting we have Suicune from lost Thunder+ U-turn board that does that same thing

11. Ghostrickster Aspiring Trainer
    Ghostrickster

Sure, Suicune works too, but you can use Phione without all the switching shenanigans, which makes it more splashable. Yes, you have to dig Phione back out of the deck if you need it again, but it's not an effect you wanna use that often anyway. Plus, this alongside Jirachi means you don't have to waste switching and retreats on Suicune and can save them for Jirachi. The only way Phione isn't better is if you need to be forcing random switches a lot for some reason.

12. NaganadelIsBeast Pun Intended
    NaganadelIsBeast

So far, I’m really liking that Kyogre.

13. OVERGRO Pokemon is lyfe.
    OVERGRO

Notice they released the new Kyogre card right at the start of Kyogre's rotation into Pokemon GO Tier 5 Raids. The marketing machine at work, even in subtle ways.

14. Water Pokémon Master I like Pokemon more than you. :D
    Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster News Head Activities Head Elite Member Advanced Member Member

15. TheAquaPiplup I have been playing Glaceon-GX for way too long
    TheAquaPiplup

It’s essentially the same as kyogre but fighting

16. Wechselbalg *****
    Wechselbalg

Attaching from hand post-rotation is better though because there will be less discard items.

Sharkrai likes this.
  17. sw_bionic Aspiring Trainer
    sw_bionic

slow as usual, I want to see a Groudon Rhyperior tt gx, having 6 retreat cost haha

18. AngryBokoblin Guzzlord is fun
    AngryBokoblin

It combos well with marshadow and machamp.
    If they kill it, you do 180 (dojo and diancie) for 2 energy.

19. DeadlyBee111 Aspiring Trainer
    DeadlyBee111

this might actually be cute with stuff like diancie and dojo

20. NaganadelIsBeast Pun Intended
    NaganadelIsBeast

I bet there’s gonna be a Rayquaza that accelerates from the deck. Either that or Pokémon is marketing wrong. (To be honest Pokémon does a lot of things wrong.)

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 1 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?