Finished Reggie's Racing Cup 2: Final Race Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking about doing a points system based off average finish but it would be a huge pain in the arse to track 20+ people's average scores.

I was thinking about changing up the series to look something like this though

First 8 Races

"Last Chance Race" - only people who haven't won yet can enter this race

Playoff Race 1 - A race containing entire field (including drivers who've been eliminated from the championship playoffs) where the highest finishing 1 win driver advances on to the next playoff race. In the event that no drivers have won more than 1 race, this race will determine the champion of Reggie's Racing Cup.

Playoff Race 2- In the event that we see 2+ win driver(s), that driver(s) and the highest finishing 1 win driver from playoff race 1 would engage in a race with the entire field (including drivers who've been eliminated from the championship playoffs) where the highest finishing 2+ race driver would win the championship

Example 1: Say the first 8 races have the following winners: Blakers, TheGrovyleKid, GM Draclord, bbninjas, doouble o squirtle, Scattered Mind, lord o da rings, steffenka and King Xerneas wins the last chance race

Since all 9 race winners have 1 win each, whoever of these 9 drivers gets the highest finish in playoff race 1 will win reggie's racing cup. For example, if PikaMasterJesi wins playoff race 1 but Blakers gets 2nd place, Blakers would win the championship.

Example 2: Say the first 8 races have the following winners: Blakers, TheGrovyleKid, GM Draclord, bbninjas, Blakers, bbninjas, lord o da rings, steffenka and the last chance race sees Ice Espeon winning

Playoff race 1 would have the entire field but whoever finishes higher out of TGK, GM Draclord, lord o da rings, steffenka, and ice espeon would go on to playoff race 2. Say Steffenka wins this race.

Playoff race 2 would have the entire field but whoever gets the highest finish out of Steffenka, Blakers, and bbninjas would win the championship as they're the only cars left.

--------------------------

And yes, you can keep the same car as you did this year with stats reset, but I hope at least some of you guys decide to enter with new cars. I love painting new cars and we're going with the 2015 cars again which allows me to paint cooler designs.

I actually really like this idea, it seems very balanced, especially with the Last Chance Race. I really like that concept, and the Playoffs are put together nicely as well.

As for cars, I can see why you like painting new ones so much, as they look amazing! . . . Which is why I'd like to keep my Talonflame car around for at least Season 3. I may move on to Lucario or Charizard in the event of a fourth season.

Aggression. Since we've got no chance to win; let's cause a little chaos! :D

And, you'll be happy Reggie; I plan to chance everything about my car. Number, Pokemon, and manufacturer. So, you can have fun designing my car for Season 3! ;)

Aggression. Since we've got no chance to win; let's cause a little chaos! :D

And, you'll be happy Reggie; I plan to chance everything about my car. Number, Pokemon, and manufacturer. So, you can have fun designing my car for Season 3! ;)

that's sweet, I made a really cool Tapu Koko car yesterday while designing stuff and I was hoping someone would pick Tapu Koko! I'll post pictures of it later if you want to use it as yours.

Hey, I'm going to change my whole car too!~

Oh, and like Tails said; let's cause some chaos! >:L

I was thinking about doing a points system based off average finish but it would be a huge pain in the arse to track 20+ people's average scores.

How are you exporting the results? Copy/Paste or Excel or? I could fairly straight-forwardly make a spreadsheet that could track results. A scoring system could then be chosen (e.g. points depending on what place someone came in).

One thing that makes the game slightly less fun at the beginning in my opinion is how random the first few rounds are, making it mostly luck based. Something that could change that is if players had control over their starting stats, for example having 50 points in each stat to begin with while everyone has say 50 points to spend on their stats as they see fit. This would help to make the first few races more fair/interesting in my opinion.

Can I still upgrade aggression? I've upgraded it every race, so I may have maxed out by now.
@bbninjas We'll settle who's the better ninja once and for all. (Also, I have a second place finish and you don't. :p)

How are you exporting the results? Copy/Paste or Excel or? I could fairly straight-forwardly make a spreadsheet that could track results. A scoring system could then be chosen (e.g. points depending on what place someone came in).

One thing that makes the game slightly less fun at the beginning in my opinion is how random the first few rounds are, making it mostly luck based. Something that could change that is if players had control over their starting stats, for example having 50 points in each stat to begin with while everyone has say 50 points to spend on their stats as they see fit. This would help to make the first few races more fair/interesting in my opinion.

I was typing up a long as hell response to this, around 20 minutes in my computer did an automatic restart and I lost all my progress so I'll make things quick.

I'm basically copying a chart from the game, yes, and if you could make an average finish chart on maybe google sheets that everyone could see.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding the scoring system, I thought of yours and Blakers' suggestions as well as my own idea and came up with this, what do you think?
--------------------
Regular Season:

Race Winner - 6 Points
2nd Place - 4 Points
3rd Place - 2 Points
4th and 5th Place - 1 Point

The person with the most points at the end of the regular season gets a bye from round 1 of the playoffs.

Post Season:

All race winners enter round 1 of the playoffs as well as the next 3 highest ranking drivers in the regular season points standing who HAVEN'T won a race.

We have a last chance race among the people who haven't met the criteria of the playoffs, the winner will enter the playoffs. So the first round we start with maybe 9-11 drivers plus our bye guy gives us around a 10-12 driver playoff.

---------------------------

Playoff Race 1: This race features only the cars in the playoffs and the top 3 drivers advance to Playoff Race 2. This gives us a "final four" among the driver with a bye and the top 3 from this race.

-----------------------------

Playoff Race 2: This race features all drivers, even those that aren't in the playoffs. The highest finishing driver from the final four becomes THE CHAMPION of Reggie's Racing Cup

----------------------------

What do you think?

Also, I like your idea of giving points. Maybe giving 200 points to each driver and they can't give more than 80 points to one trait (like you can't max out agression right away) or something like that. I'm totally in favor of giving the players more control to customize their cars.

Can I still upgrade aggression? I've upgraded it every race, so I may have maxed out by now.
@bbninjas We'll settle who's the better ninja once and for all. (Also, I have a second place finish and you don't. :p)

I think yours is officially maxed out. You started at 60 and went +5 for every race, 5 x 8 races is 40 so yeah. (I did say we'd start at 70 for every base stat but the game's default stats are at 60 so I figured it would be easier to just do 60 and that way people can upgrade more, plus a 10 point difference isn't that much when everyone has similar cars, which goes back to what Ice Espeon said about customization which makes me kinda wanna follow Ice's suggestion.)

I was typing up a long as hell response to this, around 20 minutes in my computer did an automatic restart and I lost all my progress so I'll make things quick.

I'm basically copying a chart from the game, yes, and if you could make an average finish chart on maybe google sheets that everyone could see.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding the scoring system, I thought of yours and Blakers' suggestions as well as my own idea and came up with this, what do you think?
--------------------
Regular Season:

Race Winner - 6 Points
2nd Place - 4 Points
3rd Place - 2 Points
4th and 5th Place - 1 Point

The person with the most points at the end of the regular season gets a bye from round 1 of the playoffs.

Post Season:

All race winners enter round 1 of the playoffs as well as the next 3 highest ranking drivers in the regular season points standing who HAVEN'T won a race.

We have a last chance race among the people who haven't met the criteria of the playoffs, the winner will enter the playoffs. So the first round we start with maybe 9-11 drivers plus our bye guy gives us around a 10-12 driver playoff.

---------------------------

Playoff Race 1: This race features only the cars in the playoffs and the top 3 drivers advance to Playoff Race 2. This gives us a "final four" among the driver with a bye and the top 3 from this race.

-----------------------------

Playoff Race 2: This race features all drivers, even those that aren't in the playoffs. The highest finishing driver from the final four becomes THE CHAMPION of Reggie's Racing Cup

----------------------------

What do you think?

Also, I like your idea of giving points. Maybe giving 200 points to each driver and they can't give more than 80 points to one trait (like you can't max out agression right away) or something like that. I'm totally in favor of giving the players more control to customize their cars.

This format is absolutely amazing! That hypes me up so much for Season 3!

So, how to customize the stats? Hmmm...

I just checked the game, it says you've upgraded agression 7 times and qualifying once, so now it's maxed out.

Well, this is the end of Reggie's Racing Cup Season 2 after exactly a month and a day and I'd call it an EXTREMELY successful run. Let's see who took home the championship in the battle between @bbninjas and @NinjaPengiun

F S # DRIVER INTERVAL LAPS LED STATUS
1 3 79 Ice Espeon 70.040 15 8* Running
2 16 72 thegrovylekid -0.52 15 0 Running
3 7 38 LordODaRings -1.08 15 0 Running
4 11 39 Celever -1.58 17 6 Running
5 14 4 Robin Aisaga -2.00 17 0 Running
6 6 54 QuakingPunch73 -2.57 17 0 Running
7 10 7 DoubleOSquirtle -3.12 17 0 Running
8 17 25 Tails -3.67 17 0 Running
9 8 13 NightOfYuyuko -1L 14 1 Retired
10 9 17 Athena -2L 13 0 Retired
11 4 8 bbninjas -2L 13 1 Accident
12 18 64 PikaMasterJesi -2L 13 0 Accident
13 5 22 NinjaPengiun -2L 13 0 Engine
14 13 15 ScatteredMind -2L 13 0 Accident
15 15 68 King Xerneas -2L 13 0 Accident
16 12 16 GM Draclord -2L 13 0 Accident
17 1 42 Steffenka -2L 13 0 Accident
18 2 48 Blakers -2L 13 0 Accident
19 19 77 TheFlyingPidove -2L 13 1 Accident

CONGRATS TO BBNINJAS!

Reggie's Racing Cup Season 3 signups should hopefully come in a week, give or take a few days. I hope to see you all back for round 3, and hopefully we can get 20 cars at least and maybe hit 25 cars!​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back