TCG Fakes Reggie McGigas's Image-Based Fake Cards: Wailmer and Wailord

Very nice, Reggie.

I just noticed, however, that the attack/ability icons you're using appear a little bit large in proportion to the rest of the blank. If I were to guess, I'd say you're using Asche's newest symbolsheet, which conforms to his newer huge-size blanks. Out of his many older symbolsheets with icons appropriate for the blanks you're using, the one I use is here.

Also, unless you intend to make another Supporter card of Steven with a different effect and no last name, you might want to change the name of the Supporter in Metagross's Ability (Playing Steven Stone from your hand is different from playing Steven).

Very nice, Reggie.

I just noticed, however, that the attack/ability icons you're using appear a little bit large in proportion to the rest of the blank. If I were to guess, I'd say you're using Asche's newest symbolsheet, which conforms to his newer huge-size blanks. Out of his many older symbolsheets with icons appropriate for the blanks you're using, the one I use is here.

Also, unless you intend to make another Supporter card of Steven with a different effect and no last name, you might want to change the name of the Supporter in Metagross's Ability (Playing Steven Stone from your hand is different from playing Steven).

I'm going to be perfectly honest I forgot that Steven existed. And for the symbolsheets I don't know what is up with that. Thanks for the suggestion (but there are no fairy type symbols).

Last edited:
Raichu was the hardest thing ever. The blank was 50% scratch, 50% Aschefield's blanks (as a base). I also used Jabberwock's energy for Raichu. But also, SHREK

4106527_orig.png
4542767_orig.png

That Raichu certainly has to be one of the better textures you've done. ^_^ However, you certainly could have split the ear textures for the finale. Anyway,s keep up the good work ^_^

It seems like you've made some of these cards a bit too strong. Ivysaur searching for an Energy for free once per turn is really unbalanced. Compare it to Plasma Chandelure, which is a Stage 2, limits itself to Fire Energy, and places a damage counter whenever it is used.
Chandelure-Plasma-Freeze-16.jpg

It seems like you've made some of these cards a bit too strong. Ivysaur searching for an Energy for free once per turn is really unbalanced. Compare it to Plasma Chandelure, which is a Stage 2, limits itself to Fire Energy, and places a damage counter whenever it is used.
Chandelure-Plasma-Freeze-16.jpg
Unfortunatly I am not much of a competitive player.I'll change it soon

EDIT: Doesn't M-Sceptile do the same thing but more energy? Now that I think about it this card seems perfectly normal to me.

Last edited:
I'm going to be on vacation for a few days, so don't expect many new cards. For now, enjoy another ancient trait card (I'll also be posting some renders in my Renders thread in the art section)

2670936_orig.png

Doesn't M-Sceptile do the same thing but more energy? Now that I think about it this card seems perfectly normal to me.

As much as I think Mega Sceptile-EX is unbalanced, there are still a few things to note about it that make it weaker in comparison to Ivysaur.

-M Sceptile is a Mega Evolution.
-M Sceptile needs to attack to attach extra Energy.
-M Sceptile only attaches from the hand.
-M Sceptile only attaches Grass Energy.
-M Sceptile can't stack as if it was an Ability, unlike Ivysaur.

As much as I think Mega Sceptile-EX is unbalanced, there are still a few things to note about it that make it weaker in comparison to Ivysaur.

-M Sceptile is a Mega Evolution.
-M Sceptile needs to attack to attach extra Energy.
-M Sceptile only attaches from the hand.
-M Sceptile only attaches Grass Energy.
-M Sceptile can't stack as if it was an Ability, unlike Ivysaur.

I see. Would this wording be better?

If this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon, you may attach an Energy from your hand to 1 of your Pokemon.

If this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon, you may attach an Energy from your hand to 1 of your Pokemon.

I guess that works. In the end, you're the one making the scans, so you get free verdict on what is powerful and what is not, but if you want to stay authentic, I'd say that power levels should be kept in check. Always check scans of current sets for reference on whether or not a card will be unbalanced.

Brute Force is really OP. Discarding an energy in general is OP, bit discarding one attached to everything? This would be our next Seismitoad-EX.

Brute Force is really OP. Discarding an energy in general is OP, bit discarding one attached to everything? This would be our next Seismitoad-EX.

I don't think so. Remember, it also discards energy attached to Gigalesch and your benched Pokemon. So it's balanced out in my opinion.

I don't think so. Remember, it also discards energy attached to Gigalesch and your benched Pokemon. So it's balanced out in my opinion.
Effects that relate equally to both players are [normally] NOT balanced. If you are a good deck builder, you will tailor a way to make Gigalesch's effect minimal for you (energy accelerators etc), but obviously your opponent wouldn't be prepared. If we go looking into the format now, there's Head Ringers that effectively would make it impossible for your opponent to attack.

Effects that relate equally to both players are [normally] NOT balanced. If you are a good deck builder, you will tailor a way to make Gigalesch's effect minimal for you (energy accelerators etc), but obviously your opponent wouldn't be prepared. If we go looking into the format now, there's Head Ringers that effectively would make it impossible for your opponent to attack.

Fair point, I'll get working on a fixed up version in a day or two!

if you want Raichu's EMP attack more realistic and annoying you should make it so each player can't play trainer cards. In real life its a bomb that disables electronics so it's like a trainer lock bomb. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Back