News 'Rayquaza vs. Keldeo Battle Arena Deck' in September!

The one thing I don't like about this packages is that it will surely impact the collectibility and value of VS Seeker. While in the long run, accessibility is probably more valuable on the whole to the game than collectibility, the collector in me that has hoarded a bunch of VS Seekers is saddened that their value will be diminished from the sudden influx. Syamin-EX reprints scare me in the same way; they'll definite devalue my hoard if they ever happen :p

Finally good news for MRay players bummed out about Sacred Ash leaving Standard!

Now there may be no need to worry about Parallel City ruining MRay's damage...

...The bad news?

Karen is coming too late in the era, given her card is NOT in base set template format for Evolutions, meaning if she was released in Steam Siege, she would have one other way into English in the XY era other than the BA deck set... Or at least unless her English card was converted into base set template for Evolutions, but since I believe that would harm the nostalgia nature of that set, it's either the BA decks or S/M:Set 1 for Karen, but since SM:Set 1 may or may not have a different template than XY's... I'm afraid her last chance of making it into English w/o a template change for outside of Japan would be this BA deck set... Talk about cutting it close to not only failing to make it out of Japan, but on top of that, becoming Japan-exclusive just like the Japanese Blue version(Pokemon), the first 6 Fire Emblems, Fire Emblem Cipher TCG, among other examples of products in all Nintendo and/or TPCi circles that didn't make it out of Japan... :(

I picked up the mewtwo darkrai one and this one is even better. What is next: Shaymin EX Jirachi EX!

Why include it in this box thing? To drive sales. I have all the supporters and almost all the Pokémon. Karen is the only thing I need so I have to buy it.
You could get Karen on Amazon. Generally, Battle Arena deck promos cost four dollars.

Why include it in this box thing? To drive sales. I have all the supporters and almost all the Pokémon. Karen is the only thing I need so I have to buy it.
You could get Karen on Amazon. Generally, Battle Arena deck promos cost four dollars.

Alternatively, get this new Battle Arena Deck set but sell off your spare older copies it gives you to minimize the cost. Or just enjoy having two ready-made decks somewhere between painful theme deck and "real" deck you can use to teach a friend how to play, even allow such a person to borrow to use at first.

Unless you need that Karen that particular night. ;)

This isn't a "replacement" for a banned card. LTC was for shuffling resources back into ones deck so they don't deck out. Karen is at best for recycling a few pokemon and keeping your opponent for OHKOing EXs because they have 9 pokemon in the discard pile
At least Karen is a "Sister" of the BANNED CARD because of almost-the-same function.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sure that's more then most Duel Decks in other TCGs but for what's in this there is so much value and play ability. This is a product that if the quality continues needs to keep coming yearly last year's Mewtwo Darkrai Battle Arena was really good that this continues it.

30 is only 10 more than a tin for WAY better contents. I bought the original Xern v Yvel Kit and loved it, just forgot how much it cost. Last question is when does this one come out?

That's the one you and I want to be in it. But does it actually say that anywhere?
It makes the most sense for it to bet THAT one, especially since Keldeo is going to be getting deluge blastoise in that deck. And lets not pretend it isn't going to be or there wouldn't be rare candy, archies, and superior energy retrieval in there.

30 is only 10 more than a tin for WAY better contents. I bought the original Xern v Yvel Kit and loved it, just forgot how much it cost. Last question is when does this one come out?
I believe September so we're really close to it at least maybe a month if best.

Again my personal opinion one of the best products they make for the TCG.

My nephews got the Xerneas vs Yvetal Arena deck, and I got their Trevor and foil energies just recently.

Holy Miltank the foil energies are nice!
I had forgone the Mewtwo vs Darkrai arena decks because I did not value the Expanded Ex-cards (sue me if you want,) but I will be buying these decks.

4 Holo Fire energies
4 Holo Electric energies
8 Holo Water energies
2 VS Seeker (Mewtwo vs. Darkrai had only one)
2 Karen

Those foil energies would have been nice to have for my Greninja deck while it was good. I guess I have to now play expanded?
I also now have to go and find the Mewtwo vs Darkrai decks for $30 to get the foil Psychic energies and a 4th VS Seeker - lucky me.
(Maybe I'll just pick up 2 or 3 of these arena decks?

Back