News 'Rayquaza vs. Keldeo Battle Arena Deck' in September!

Wow... Blastoise. Octillery, Eelz, Milotic, Raichu, and awesome trainers... That pack is going to to be super valuable, even outside the EX's.

Well there are several staple cards in here that I needed already, the Karens on top of that is just icing on the cake to purchase. Using tcgplayer's prices, this is $65 worth of cards for $30 +shipping.

Too bad she's coming too late to stop Night March, since it's getting rotated. Maybe in Expanded, I guess.

Too bad she's coming too late to stop Night March, since it's getting rotated. Maybe in Expanded, I guess.
Yeah... Uh... the mega ray player in the room (who just lost sacred ash to rotaion) is kinda freaking out about a discard pile purge that's repeatable thanks to seeker. I was getting worried the deck was going to have to go ash/Karen-less for quite some time.

I'm definitely going to get a couple of these, the three precious VS Seeker's I need to finish my deck is what I'm mainly in for, along with great Expanded cards. I'll also be able to use the other staples to you to help my Mother have a competitive deck, (I'm teaching her how to play, I think I'm going to give her a M Gardevoir/Xerneas deck,) definitely worth the $30. One thing I'm disappointing is them releasing Karen way too late, we already left Night March and Vespiquen, maybe for Expanded if those and Flareon remain a thing. Based off the pattern of them releasing the mascots of the BW sets, I'm guessing the next one will be Lugia-EX vs Deoxys-EX, which could be interesting. I'm guessing I don't know with Lugia, it's colorless, and Deoxys with Crobat (Plasma Storm.)

Wow this product looks very enticing. 2 Seeker, Octillery, Sycamores, Lysandre, and other good staples. What do these retail for again?

Sure that's more then most Duel Decks in other TCGs but for what's in this there is so much value and play ability. This is a product that if the quality continues needs to keep coming yearly last year's Mewtwo Darkrai Battle Arena was really good that this continues it.

Doesn't really matter, unless than they change it so standard is the way to go for regionals, it's not like it won't see play against NM.

lets see 2 copies of Karen in the box that should be enough for any deck (except maybe despair ray m gardevoir ex) shouldn't need a full playset. release date is sept 21 so about a month... 3 Fridays after that makes Karen tournament legal... October 7 I think?

A replacement for a BANNED CARD which is supposed to be there, although it is BANNED, it replaces Karen. Is it still an XY Promo?

Oh, wow, those have some really good trainers in them, especially those two VS seekers...that almost pays for the whole package. Then you have Octillery, Blastoise, Eels, and those beautiful foil energies...Wow, this one's even better than last year's...I'll probably get 2, knowing how much they'll help online and in real life.

Honestly, I'm not so convinced Karen is exclusive to these decks. (Not that this story said it was. A few seem to think it might be, though.) Unless I'm forgetting if it was ever confirmed Karen wasn't included in Evolutions, I would say it would be in that set. Trevor was included as a Black Star Promo in the decks that also had exclusive Black Star Promos of Xerneas and Yveltal. Did the Mewtwo EX and Darkrai EX decks have any Black Star Promos included in them? I feel like they didn't.

Well, after Night March rotation, I don't think this card will be essential... cool effect, but so damn late.

Octillery, 2 VS Seeker, 2 Karen. Better than I expected. This is actually a worthwhile pickup for someone starting the game this time around, even if they don't play Expanded. You get 4 Sycamore, 4 Ultra Ball, 2 VS Seeker, 2 Lysandre, 2 N and a ton of the lesser-sought after, but still useful, cards like Shauna, Rare Candy and Level Ball.

Also seems to be a fair few non-foil variants of previously foil cards, which is always kinda interesting. Wonder what Lapras they used as filler. Probably the XY one I guess, given Zapdos seems to be its counterpart in the Rayquaza deck. If so, guess I kind of have to get one of these since a non-foil version of that would be needed for my ice collection.

A replacement for a BANNED CARD which is supposed to be there, although it is BANNED, it replaces Karen. Is it still an XY Promo?
This isn't a "replacement" for a banned card. LTC was for shuffling resources back into ones deck so they don't deck out. Karen is at best for recycling a few pokemon and keeping your opponent for OHKOing EXs because they have 9 pokemon in the discard pile

Well, after Night March rotation, I don't think this card will be essential... cool effect, but so damn late.
It'll be good for STS gardevoir decks, after that it'll be played in expanded.

Soooo, does this make this thing legal? cause i would love to make a throwback deck with that rayquaza lol

Soooo, does this make this thing legal? cause i would love to make a throwback deck with that rayquaza lol

Cards in these decks are exact reprints with the same set logos, so you could use Rayquaza for Expanded but not for Standard.

No. As you can see from the picture, the Keldeo EX and Rayquaza EX (and all the other cards that have been released before) are from their original sets.

Back