• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Rayeels Updated list with Boundaries Crossed Please Help

MountainDrew

Wishes Mega Umbreon would exist
Hiya Pokebeach Im thinking about playing Rayquaza Eelektrik for Battle Roads. If anyone thanks Im scared of Landorus dream on. So any help is appreciated.
Pokemon (16)
1-Emolga
1-Mewtwo EX
4-4 Eelektrik
1-Raikou EX
3-Rayquaza EX
2-Rayquaza SR
T/S/S (31)
4- N
4- Juniper
2- Skyla
3- Ultra Ball
3- Level Ball
4- Pokemon Catcher
3- Max Potion
3- Eviolite
1- Skyarrow Bridge
4- Switch
Energy (13)
5- Fire
8- Lighting
Strategy- Use Eelektrik's Dynamotor to power up your powerhouse Lighting Pokemon and overwhem your opponent. Any Ideas Please Comment

RE: Eelektrik Varient

I personally would drop the Rayquaza EX. These first few Battle Roads at least, there will probably be a plethura of Garchomps running around. I could understand keeping in maybe one for an easy EX KO in other matchups, but you really don't want to be starting with this against Garchomp. So take out one Rayquaza and the Emolga for two Thundurus. Zeel is pretty fast and consistent; you don't need as much of a setup as you do energy. Charge searches the energies out, and Disastor Bolt puts them in the discard. It's the ideal starter. If you do take out a Rayquaza, you could probably swap a {R} or two over to {L}. You might could use another Raikou or a Zekrom EX, but that is mostly preference. I also think you should make room for Bianca. You could afford to lose a Random Reciever and an Eviolite.

[/sand=Mora]

I'll assume you only have one Raikou EX available.

Here is a build I will recommend to you:

Pokemon 15
2x Rayquaza EX
2x Thundurus
2x Zekrom
1x Raikou EX
1x Mewtwo EX
4x Tynamo
3x Eelektrik

Support 11
4x N
4x Professor Juniper
3x Bianca

Item 20
3x Ultra Ball
3x Level Ball
2x Random Receiver
4x Pokemon Catcher
4x Switch
2x Max Potion
2x Tool Scrapper

Stadium 2
2x Sky Arrow Bridge

Energy 12
4x Fire Energy
8x Lightning Energy

RobertBenjamin said:
I'll assume you only have one Raikou EX available.

Here is a build I will recommend to you:

Pokemon 15
2x Rayquaza EX
2x Thundurus
2x Zekrom
1x Raikou EX
1x Mewtwo EX
4x Tynamo
3x Eelektrik

Support 11
4x N
4x Professor Juniper
3x Bianca

Item 20
3x Ultra Ball
3x Level Ball
2x Random Receiver
4x Pokemon Catcher
4x Switch
2x Max Potion
2x Tool Scrapper

Stadium 2
2x Sky Arrow Bridge

Energy 12
4x Fire Energy
8x Lightning Energy
Yes I only have 1 Raikou and why 4 Switch???

Why 4 switch? You are playing both Raikou EX and Rayquaza EX. Both has a second attack that requires discarding energy. If you want to reload them and get it back to the active position in the same turn you will need a switch.

RobertBenjamin said:
Why 4 switch? You are playing both Raikou EX and Rayquaza EX. Both has a second attack that requires discarding energy. If you want to reload them and get it back to the active position in the same turn you will need a switch.
They only have 1 retreat cost and I have Skyarrow Bridge

Yes, but with switch, you could attack with Raikou's snipe. Then, the next turn retreat into the bench, power up with Dynamotor, Switch int active, and snipe again.

It's not necessary, but can really help.

ash1709 said:
Yes, but with switch, you could attack with Raikou's snipe. Then, the next turn retreat into the bench, power up with Dynamotor, Switch int active, and snipe again.

It's not necessary, but can really help.
Yeah but Raikou isnt really the main attacker hes more of like a side attacker but I will definitely test this out and let you guys know the results

Sounds good!

Also, do you know Mewtwo EX is coming out in a tin? Mew EX doesn't really work for an eel deck (I guess it could, but it's not very consistent)

It's ultimately up to you, but I would get the tin and use Mewtwo EX instead.

ash1709 said:
Sounds good!

Also, do you know Mewtwo EX is coming out in a tin? Mew EX doesn't really work for an eel deck (I guess it could, but it's not very consistent)

It's ultimately up to you, but I would get the tin and use Mewtwo EX instead.
Yeah I was thinking of running 2 Mewtwo EX (once tin comes out) and 1 Mew EX just as a surprise attacker. What thoughs do u have on this and I really like your Gengar avatar ;)

Dweaver said:
Yeah I was thinking of running 2 Mewtwo EX (once tin comes out) and 1 Mew EX just as a surprise attacker. What thoughs do u have on this and I really like your Gengar avatar ;)

Why, thanks! :p

I don't really know about Mew Ex... it has insanely low HP fro an EX, and gives up 2 prizes.

It's interesting as a surprise attacker, but the only moves you can rely on doing (you can;t rely on the other player's because of energy requirement) are your own. With that little HP, it's better to just have another of the Pokemon you're Move Copying.

That's just what I think, but if you like Mew EX, definitely test it out! ;)

Mora said:
I personally would drop the Rayquaza EX. These first few Battle Roads at least, there will probably be a plethura of Garchomps running around. I could understand keeping in maybe one for an easy EX KO in other matchups, but you really don't want to be starting with this against Garchomp. So take out one Rayquaza and the Emolga for two Thundurus. Zeel is pretty fast and consistent; you don't need as much of a setup as you do energy. Charge searches the energies out, and Disastor Bolt puts them in the discard. It's the ideal starter. If you do take out a Rayquaza, you could probably swap a {R} or two over to {L}. You might could use another Raikou or a Zekrom EX, but that is mostly preference. I also think you should make room for Bianca. You could afford to lose a Random Reciever and an Eviolite.
Im not sure about dropping Rayquaza because when I usually go againest Garchomp I just dont play it. I like Rayquaza because he can knock out any pokemon in the format, but Ill have to agree Rayquaza is a high-risk, high-reward card but it has been rewarding so Ill have to do some more test, but I appreciate the advice and what are you thinking I should do Eviolite or Giant Cape because Im stuck between the 2

ash1709 said:
Why, thanks! :p

I don't really know about Mew Ex... it has insanely low HP fro an EX, and gives up 2 prizes.

It's interesting as a surprise attacker, but the only moves you can rely on doing (you can't rely on the other player's because of energy requirement) are your own. With that little HP, it's better to just have another of the Pokemon you're Move Copying.

That's just what I think, but if you like Mew EX, definitely test it out! ;)
Ill test 3 Mewtwos and 1 Mew 2 Mewtwo on Playtcg and let you know the results. The problem I have been having with Mew is that when I start with it sucks, but when I dont start with it, it is a very useful card and a fun card and plus Mew is cute Mewtwo is ugly :D

UPDATE

Ok so I updated the list in these are the changes that I made
-1 Mew EX (He hurts more than he helps)
-1 Mewtwo EX (Rayquaza EX can handle Mewtwo Easier)
-1 Zekrom ( Ive found 1 to be good)
-1 Thundurus ( I usually start with a Ultra Ball in hand and I only use him the first couple of turns)
-1 Switch (3 seems to get the job done)
-3 Cheren (Bianca works better in this deck)
-3 Eviolite (It doesnt work on all my pokemon)
-1 Skyarrow Bridge (Ive found that my opponent uses this card a lot to so I think 1 is enough)
+1 Registeel EX (Works well with Raikou to get KO's)
+1 SR Rayquaza (I pulled one today so I put it in here for donks)
+2 Bianca (Works better than Cheren
+1 Ultra Ball
+1 Level Ball
+3 Giant Cape (I like it better than Eviolite because it bulks up my Eels from Darkrai and Raikou)
+4 Other stuff that I cant rememeber LOL

RE: Rayquaza EX Eelektrik deck NEED last minute help for battle roads

I need some last minute help for battle roads Someone plz help I changed the deck

Unfortunately the best I can offer is to just test a lot against the somewhat common decks and tweak from there. Such as: Zekrom EX/Mewtwo EX/Eels, Rayquaza EX/Other attackers/Eels, Darkrai/Hydreigon, Garchomp/Altaria, Ho-Oh EX/Mewtwo EX, and Terrakion EX/Terrakion NVI/Mewtwo EX/Bouffalant DRX. I'm not sure exactly how much time you have and when your Battle Roads are, but try testing 5-10 games against netdecked lists of each of these and tweak as you go along. Ask yourself questions like: What do I not have when I need it? Do I have enough supporters that can last me a game? How often do I get ruined by N? How consistently do I get set up? What turn am I attacking and getting Eels out by? What are my worst matchups? How often do I lose to this and how can I improve the matchup? How often do I have dead hands? These are a lot of questions but when you have sufficent answers to all (or most) of these, you can rest easy. I am not experienced with your variant of Eels but most of these questions can be applied to any deck. There is no top cut, yet there are CPs, you must go undefeated to guarentee yourself CP. Your deck must have consistency as well as manageable matchups against every deck. I hope I helped. Good luck at BRs! :)

grantm1999 said:
Unfortunately the best I can offer is to just test a lot against the somewhat common decks and tweak from there. Such as: Zekrom EX/Mewtwo EX/Eels, Rayquaza EX/Other attackers/Eels, Darkrai/Hydreigon, Garchomp/Altaria, Ho-Oh EX/Mewtwo EX, and Terrakion EX/Terrakion NVI/Mewtwo EX/Bouffalant DRX.

I have a Darkrai/Hydreigon deck, if you want to practice against me :D

I agree that play-testing is one of teh most valuable ways to see how your deck runs.

grantm1999 said:
Unfortunately the best I can offer is to just test a lot against the somewhat common decks and tweak from there. Such as: Zekrom EX/Mewtwo EX/Eels, Rayquaza EX/Other attackers/Eels, Darkrai/Hydreigon, Garchomp/Altaria, Ho-Oh EX/Mewtwo EX, and Terrakion EX/Terrakion NVI/Mewtwo EX/Bouffalant DRX. I'm not sure exactly how much time you have and when your Battle Roads are, but try testing 5-10 games against netdecked lists of each of these and tweak as you go along. Ask yourself questions like: What do I not have when I need it? Do I have enough supporters that can last me a game? How often do I get ruined by N? How consistently do I get set up? What turn am I attacking and getting Eels out by? What are my worst matchups? How often do I lose to this and how can I improve the matchup? How often do I have dead hands? These are a lot of questions but when you have sufficent answers to all (or most) of these, you can rest easy. I am not experienced with your variant of Eels but most of these questions can be applied to any deck. There is no top cut, yet there are CPs, you must go undefeated to guarentee yourself CP. Your deck must have consistency as well as manageable matchups against every deck. I hope I helped. Good luck at BRs! :)
I never really looked at it that way. I really appreciate your help/suggestions. I'll definitely need some luck :p

ash1709 said:
I have a Darkrai/Hydreigon deck, if you want to practice against me :D

I agree that play-testing is one of the most valuable ways to see how your deck runs.

I won't be able to battle tonight,but tommorrow I should be good. Just pm with what website you play on and your username

4-3 eel line is usually all you need.

ashtavakra said:
4-3 eel line is usually all you need.
I thought the same thing but Ive been having trouble with my eels being prized, or discarding them off a juniper, or something else so Im not sure if I want to go down to 4-3 because I usually like to have ATLEAST 2 eels out and Ive had trouble with that with 4-3.

Back