News Ravaged Plains from SM4 Revealed!

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
Oh my... I really, really, really like this card.

One of the most annoying mechanics in this game is prize cards. If a tech or other configurations are prized, it can pretty much ruin any game you play. I, and many people I've seen online rage-quit whenever multiple key cards are prized in an unbelievable fashion. When cards you cannot play rip the match away from you, it is not fun at all...

I sense that, while it may see less play in real life tourneys of 5-6 games, everyone who plays frequently enough online will tech Gladion in somehow in most of their decks, just so the dubious RNG doesn't screw up their matches.

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
Firewyn's Ratings (IMO):

Type Null:
+ Basic, so can use Max Elixir
- Retreat Cost of 2 is a bit awkward
- Attacks are average (costs are a bit too high)
Rating: 5.5/10

Gladion:
+ Consistency (can help you with any bad luck with prizes)
+ Can be one of in most (if not all) decks
+ Great early to know what is in prizes
Other notes: Can't find anything majorly wrong with this card, Love the Full art!
Rating: 9/10
Well if you're playing Type: Null, You're probably playing Silvally GX, Which gives it Free Retreat.

TheWicky

Random and evil: first one, then the other
Dude(s), Gladion is great. If you searched your deck and already figured out what was in your prizes, you can get anything important out of there for faster use. And he doesn't even discard. He turns your prizes into a second hand at the cost of using up your Supporter for the turn, which feels like a great tradeoff.\

Gladion can open up more opportunities for toolboxing.

Kapu Riki

Spilling the T, sipping the Tapu Cocoa
I am pretty certain Gladion's hand is possessed because he always seems to be at war with it.

Xeynid

Aspiring Trainer
If you're only running 1 copy of a card, there's a 90% chance it won't end up in your prizes, and gladion is not helping you toolbox.

If you're running 4 copies of a card, there's a 95% chance that you'll have 3 or 4 copies still in your deck, and gladion is not helping you toolbox.

The only time it's useful is when you're running enough copies of a single card that prizing a copy of it is likely, while simultaneously being in a situation where you need every copy of that card. Like ninja or Passimian.

Yog

Rogue
The division of opinions on Gladion is hilarious. For me I think, there are going to be so few times where this is a more useful card to play than one of many other supporter options. It'd be neat as an item. But to blow your supporter for the turn on this feels like a huge waste.

NinJamezor

We love Huntail
This set REALLY loves prize cards, nice to see a mechanic that has been in the game forever expanded upon further.

Starsoulklr

'Rolling around at the speed of sound'
The division of opinions on Gladion is hilarious. For me I think, there are going to be so few times where this is a more useful card to play than one of many other supporter options. It'd be neat as an item. But to blow your supporter for the turn on this feels like a huge waste.
I find that making an effect like this is best on the once per turn supporter card then anything else as there's only one way to do this in expanded as otherwise there's many ways to abuse it. It's very nice to have this ans a option and for most decks it will be a filler supporter.

Gladion most certainly will have a home in expanded in any deck with Life Dew.

CaptZero

Aspiring Trainer
Gladion is defiantly interesting, but it is essentially, look at the top 6 cards and choose one of them (not exactly because you can still draw into them, but it is a similar idea). Maybe if you draw the "Kettler Special", or other unfortunate cards are in your prizes. In my opinion the card is too inconsistent to improve consistency.

What are you talking about? You can use this card after you've looked through your deck to see was cards are trapped in your prizes... You should know exactly what you are missing, which is why so few decks use town map. The idea of this card is that you can instantly get something that you really need *right now* out of prize lock. With Tapu Lele and one of these in your deck it will either be A) the card you play when you know a piece of your 1-1 tech is prize locked or B) the card you play after drawing it as a prize to get something you need/ want.

Anyone saying this card is unplayable... I don't understand your angle at all! Will this card be in every deck? Maybe not, but if you play thin lines of tech trainers or evolutions that you really can't afford to have prize locked (like Gyarados getting Magikarp or Machoke/ Mr. Mime prize locked), then there's really no reason not to have this card in your deck.

Firewyn's Ratings (IMO):

Type Null:
+ Basic, so can use Max Elixir
- Retreat Cost of 2 is a bit awkward
- Attacks are average (costs are a bit too high)
Rating: 5.5/10

To be fair it just exists as a stepping stone towards Silvally.

Senorsmith

Aspiring Trainer
That sounds correct.
Because you're technically flipping the cards over to pick your card, Greedy Dice's effect is "null"ified (pun intended)

Well, I will say you are correct, but honestly my train of thought was wrong to begin with for this card.
My thinking was to fill your prizes with greedy die using gladion, which is does not do haha.
I miss that old rotom that let you switch prizes with the top card in your deck...

BraviaryBoi

Anonymus
lol I thought this was a facebook CaC.

On the other hand, this is one of those cards where it can definetly help you if you need a very specific card that's definetly in ur prizes, but otherwise it only is playable where you have an "off" turn.

Cooper

Aspiring Trainer
This is the best looking FA supporter I've seen. This could be run as a single in case you have one of your important cards prized. This is definitely going to be in my collection.