News Ravaged Plains from SM4 Revealed!

Hmm. Additional damage is always good. The only question is: is it enough to be significant? Back to the calculation board!

Surely if you play Dark, you'd rather play Reverse Valley over this! Seems odd that there are two stadiums in the format that have the same effect for Dark Pokemon!

Poor dragon types, losing DDE in Standard. At least it's something for dragons? Sort of?

I will say that it's a good card.
Some people mix Darkrai-Ex with Noivern-Gx in their decks.
Well, it's convenient I'd say.

Surely if you play Dark, you'd rather play Reverse Valley over this! Seems odd that there are two stadiums in the format that have the same effect for Dark Pokemon!
Darkrai/Giratina could definitely be a dark deck that would dig this. This benefits both of them. And possibly Darkrai Noivern like the previous post even though I never heard of that before...

But of course the main value proposition of this is for Dragon decks which have nigh to no support.

Calling it right now: We get a Double Dragon Energy reprint either here or in SM4+. I just hope that this Stadium and my prediction aren't the only Support Dragons get. We only got 1 Set of Dragon support in the XY era (Roaring Skies), which is worrying. It's not a bad start, but it's certainly not at the same level as the support for more or less every other type right now.

I don't think you know what the word nigh means.
Nigh means "near" or "almost"? Haha
Calling it right now: We get a Double Dragon Energy reprint either here or in SM4+. I just hope that this Stadium and my prediction aren't the only Support Dragons get. We only got 1 Set of Dragon support in the XY era (Roaring Skies), which is worrying. It's not a bad start, but it's certainly not at the same level as the support for more or less every other type right now.

Dragons need to have support but DDE has definitely made it such that Dragons have to be heavily nerfed. I'm hoping that an alternative to DDE comes about actually.

Last edited:
Could be fun for the Zygarde deck i'm doing for the heck of it. Hopefully we'll see Double Dragon or SOME sort of dragon support in the near future!

• Ravaged Plains - 3-4 Geodudes in Dark decks for some reasons. 1.) We don't need to run Reverse Valley to make Metal types gaining advantage, possible 1 of this then 1-3 Moone Altar or 2-2, depends on you, it is also aside that it is a double-sided Stadium so a Dark deck may take advantage on it, not a big deal. Darkrai will love it. But, Dragon-type needs DDE to become popular again. Dragon-type are now absolute GARBODOR except to Noivern which is good but never been in a top cut at World's :( . But it is possibly just a BLOWER away this Stadium.

This stadium has something related to guzzlord, maybe this is his ultra space or something, but other wise, it is a good stadium, increasing damage is always good

Nobody runs reverse valley for a reason, 10 damage just isn't worth the investment in most cases. Doesn't really enable any important numbers for the standard legal dragons, maybe for Noivern so it can 2HKO base 180s with its item lock attack, that's about it though.

Nigh means "near" or "almost"? Haha

Dragons need to have support but DDE has definitely made it such that Dragons have to be heavily nerfed. I'm hoping that an alternative to DDE comes about actually.
even a single dragon energy would be good, if its basic too, that would be good,

me-"misreads ravaged plains as gaur plains"
me-since when is xenoblade part of the ptcg
as for the card itself, I'm glad to see dragons getting support after most of it rotated out. Also, this could be good for dark decks to run as tech, mainly in case of the steel matchup or dark mirror match, allowing you to throw the reverse valley that could be benefiting your opponent. maybe one of each in a deck.

This could be good in expanded w/ noivern-GX to hit that 90 damage mark for a two-hit knock out on a 180 hp Pokémon using distort with this and a choice band.

It's 2 very similar but not identical Stadium cards *for now* while about half of the XY era expansions are still legal for Standard format. In probably less than a year from now, none of the XY cards will be. I'm glad Darkness got paired with Dragon in this card, Darkness decks having always been meta-popular will probably use this card and potentially benefit Dragon decks as well. Also, in contrast to Reverse Valley, there are more fun/competitive Metal decks in this SM era - Ravaged Plains won't benefit your opponent if they happen to use a Metal deck. Lastly, for now Noivern-GX decks would really benefit from this card. Nobody uses all-out Dragon attackers these days, so it's good that let's say... its teammate Darkrai-EX/GX also gets a boost.

QUOTE="ZMonsBRUH, post: 2891865, member: 124541"]even a single dragon energy would be good, if its basic too, that would be good,[/QUOTE]
I'm personally fine with the idea of a (Single) Dragon Energy that is technically a Special Energy card, meaning limited to only 4 per deck, but while attached to a Dragon type could it please pass as Basic. *wishful thinking*

Last edited:
The stadium looks fine. Noivern GX will like it although his weakness will still hold him back. Certain Darkness Pokémon such as Zoroark GX and Darkrai GX could also benefit from the stadium. Now Darkrai GX would at least be able to ohko HP 170 Pokémon with Choice Band and the stadium card. Yveltal XY also likes the stadium as a counter to one of the two Safe Guard Pokémon. Another card that benefits from the stadium is Guzzlord GX although this card does not really impress me much. Countering Eat Sloppy with Energy Drive is ways to easy and Tapu Lele GX is a stable in almost all competitive decks at the moment.

Back