News Ravaged Plains from SM4 Revealed!

elFacho

Aspiring Trainer
Dragon types are kind of unplayable Post Rotation, unless you're Noivern GX (First attack).
I hope DDE gets either reprinted or replaced by something useful soon.
But for the time being... Using Rainbow energy doesn't seem like a bad idea either. Right? Right?

elFacho

Aspiring Trainer
The stadium looks fine. Noivern GX will like it although his weakness will still hold him back. Certain Darkness Pokémon such as Zoroark GX and Darkrai GX could also benefit from the stadium. Now Darkrai GX would at least be able to ohko HP 170 Pokémon with Choice Band and the stadium card. Yveltal XY also likes the stadium as a counter to one of the two Safe Guard Pokémon. Another card that benefits from the stadium is Guzzlord GX although this card does not really impress me much. Countering Eat Sloppy with Energy Drive is ways to easy and Tapu Lele GX is a stable in almost all competitive decks at the moment.
But if you're playing a full Dark type deck (Or that the main attackers are dark types at least) you are better off with Reverse Valley. I see this new stadium card a bit pointless when it comes to dark type decks since, again, we have Reverse Valley.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
But if you're playing a full Dark type deck (Or that the main attackers are dark types at least) you are better off with Reverse Valley. I see this new stadium card a bit pointless when it comes to dark type decks since, again, we have Reverse Valley.

In Darkness deck focused on Zoroark Float Stone and Stand In are alternate retreat options that can be used while Zoroark can still hit for 170 with the stadium card out and a full bench on the opponent's side. It is identical to Reverse Valley in most cases. The exception is the mirror match where Reverse Valley is clearly better and Metagross GX where Reverse Valley is clearly inferior.

elFacho

Aspiring Trainer
In Darkness deck focused on Zoroark Float Stone and Stand In are alternate retreat options that can be used while Zoroark can still hit for 170 with the stadium card out and a full bench on the opponent's side. It is identical to Reverse Valley in most cases. The exception is the mirror match where Reverse Valley is clearly better and Metagross GX where Reverse Valley is clearly inferior.
Sure, if a dark type deck is facing a Metagross deck, Reverse valley won't really matter. But nowadays not many people are playing dark decks in general, with exceptions of course (Darkrai decks and Zoroark BREAK/ Drampa GX deck being the first two to come to mind) But anyways, I'd still go with Reverse Valley in most cases.

Shining Goodra

HeeHee - Michael Jackson
Inb4 we get dual energies, not special energy, not basic energy, but dual energies set into there own typing. No way to return them, and can still be waxed by Flare Grunt, Hammers, etc.

wonderful_whismur

The most wonderful whismur in the world

jix99

Imagine if Pichu was in splatoon :D
In my opinion this is better than reverse valley in dark decks because there's more metal types in the meta than dragon so generally you're helping yourself more.

TheUltimateAbsol

Truth or Ideals? It's all Black and White to me
Wait... Is this defending Pokemon, or opponent's Active Pokemon!?

If it's defending Pokemon, attacks that hit everything at once will be boosted

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Wait... Is this defending Pokemon, or opponent's Active Pokemon!?

If it's defending Pokemon, attacks that hit everything at once will be boosted

Defending Pokémon is a common phrase for active Pokémon in Japan. Ravaged Plains works like Reverse Valley but also includes Dragon types.

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
If it did +20 it would be playable, but maybe outside of Noivern, I don't see it being used in any deck.

They really do need to do something to buff Dragon-types, but also agree that DDE is a little too powerful. Maybe a DDE that works similar to Rainbow Energy where you place a damage counter or two on the Pokemon or something.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Darkrai Giritina likes this. Noivern GX can kinda use it but not really. If it had been +20 it would be alot better.

BrandonHappened

Ghosts and Fairies are kinda my jam
That's awful. Dragons are horrible and shouldn't be a type, Dark types are mediocre, 10 is nothing.

BENDsli

Aspiring Trainer
If it did +20 it would be playable, but maybe outside of Noivern, I don't see it being used in any deck.

They really do need to do something to buff Dragon-types, but also agree that DDE is a little too powerful. Maybe a DDE that works similar to Rainbow Energy where you place a damage counter or two on the Pokemon or something.

Would probably be like that old special energy (can't think of which one to save my life, but I know one had it) that had the side effect that all damage from the Pokemon that it was attached to was reduced by 10, which would make sense as to why this stadium is being printed

EDIT: Just looked it up, it was Double Rainbow Energy, which would be really cool to see it be reprinted (would make Darkrai-EX crazy OP, though)

Last edited:

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Dark types already have Altar of the Moone, and dragon types you can pretty much say goodbye to.
This has no relevance whatsoever.