News Ravaged Plains from SM4 Revealed!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Collector Andrew, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Lord Goomy Got Goomies?
    Lord Goomy

Dark types already have Altar of the Moone, and dragon types you can pretty much say goodbye to.
    This has no relevance whatsoever.

2. Holden Sheeks a.k.a. WinterShorts
    Holden Sheeks

Not if my opponent plays a metal deck.

3. Elray Expanded Player
    Elray

What decks were overpowered with DDE? I think Dragon is a very underpowered type. The only major Dragon decks were RayEels and Darkrai Dragons.

4. wonderful_whismur The most wonderful whismur in the world
    wonderful_whismur

The main thing is that Dragons couldn't be made strong because of DDE. Thus, the only good dragon was Giratina. Thus, there is a need for a weaker buff to dragons so that more powerful and creative dragons can be implemented.

5. Elray Expanded Player
    Elray

How would a weaker buff make Dragons stronger than a stronger buff?

6. Mega Mewtwo Aspiring Trainer
    Mega Mewtwo

This card sucks

7. Elray Expanded Player
    Elray

It's a better Reverse Valley, and non-GX Darkrai can swing for 200 with a Choice Band after an opponent's GX attack. Maybe not the best stadium, but at least it's playable.

8. wonderful_whismur The most wonderful whismur in the world
    wonderful_whismur

Dragons have incredibly high attack costs with terrible payoffs. Just look at Kommo O GX as a popular example. Dragon attack costs were always created bearing in mind that DDE exists. So they were always too high.

Removing DDE means that the makers would have more creative freedom to create better mixed type attack costs that are actually attainable and give a decent payoff for the investment.

This is a typical dragon type cost now:
    [​IMG]
    With DDE, the makers cannot make cards that can swing for a single energy attachment. They thus put in convoluted mixed attack costs, basically needing like two DDE attachments or more than four mixed energy costs.

Without DDE, the makers can make cards with more efficient attack costs solely because people now need to use two types of basic energy and more than one energy is needed. I look to this card as reference for a more powerful dragon type attack cost:
    [​IMG]
    I imagine that Dragons with this kind of attack cost can be made for Basics and Stage 1s without DDE. Without the threat of dragons swinging for one attachment, Dragons could be designed with more reasonable and efficient energy costs rather than the costs that we currently see which are impossible to meet with just basic energy.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    Elray likes this.
  9. Decaying Hero Aspiring Trainer
    Decaying Hero

Makes Noivern GX get one shots on most basic Ex and Gx and 3 shots on all evolved GX

10. Decaying Hero Aspiring Trainer
    Decaying Hero

I'm calling it that we will get it in SM5 but definitely not SM4

11. Water Pokémon Master I like Pokemon more than you. :D
    Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster News Head Activities Head Elite Member Advanced Member Member

12. TheWicky Random and evil: first one, then the other
    TheWicky

Yeah, but it's no Circle Circuit.

taschen88 likes this.
  13. 007manyo TCG Judge & Player
    007manyo

This would be way better if the attack was only [C][C], and it's really too bad that nothing relevant has lightning weakness. Cool ability though!

14. EdGeorge92 TCG collector
    EdGeorge92

Beautiful artwork but still holding out for that GX...

Tails19950 likes this.
  15. wonderful_whismur The most wonderful whismur in the world
    wonderful_whismur

Its definitely interesting to have "Psychic" on an Electric type Pokemon. Cool!

16. Arneboy11 A Mega Absol Trainer!
    Arneboy11

Could become a great card once there are more tier 1 decks weak to electric, but for now, the 3 attack cost seems too much :/

TheUltimateAbsol likes this.
  17. CaptZero Aspiring Trainer
    CaptZero

Ho-Oh GX

18. Sigh, all the components for a psychic type Alolan Raichu and instead we get another electric one. Nothing wrong with the card itself all things considered, just would have preferred it be psychic type.

19. crystal_pidgeot Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
    crystal_pidgeot

This is the third Raichu card already. Can we mix it up a bit?

20. TotoBoss Kappa
    TotoBoss

so basically it has the exact same attack as Oranguru only it does 70 base... still a terrible Pokemon because Oranguru is a basic, and this a stage 1, even in Raichu-GX decks I 10 times rather play an Oranguru as I would play this Raichu. When will Alolan Raichu (GX) finally be playable ;-;

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?