• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Rainbow Storm Deck (Ho-Oh-EX)

Oreo9238

If you like music, I like you.
My friend bought a Ho-oh-EX before realizing how utterly useless it is in your average two-type deck. She sort of threw it in the closet for a while (not literally, of course. We don't do that kind of thing to cards). After a while, we thought how cool a deck based around Ho-Oh-EX would be.
We came up with what is below. Many of the cards are older cards, because they don't make modern versions of them.

Pokemon:

• Ho-Oh-EX DE x2
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• Energy Exchanger x3
    Pokemon Catcher x3
    Revive x2
    Junk arm x1
    Energy Retrieval x2
    Professor's letter x2
    Rocky helmet x2
    Rock Guard ACE SPEC x1
    Ultra ball x2
    Skyla x2
    Professor Juniper x2
Energy:

• Fire Energy x4
    Water Energy x4
    Grass Energy x4
    Electric Energy x4
    Dark Energy x4
    Psychic Energy x4
    Fighting Energy x4
    Steel/Metal Energyx4
    Fairy Energy x4

Strategy:
The idea of this deck is simple-charge up Ho-Oh-EX, attach rock guard, and then do 200 damage to the defending pokemon. OHKOing every pokemon except for mega and THKOing any mega. I understand that a mega can easily OHKO Ho-Oh-EX. That's why we're lucky to have rebirth and two Ho-Ohs in one deck. Essentially the only weakness (Besides water :p) is knocking out the Ho-Oh-EX before it's charged up. However, with rock guard attached, often it only takes a few turns before the opponent is knocked out by the rock guard!
This deck was originally just for fun, but it is pretty much OP and really could go far.

Let me know what you think!

alright. First of all, only 2 Ho-Oh is not enough. Way too much energy! The Supporter line isnt that great too..:/ The only Deck that comes in my mind that is playable with Ho-Oh is Huntail from Primal Clash. The idea is to get different types of energy (you play 1 of every kind and maybe 6 Water) into the discard pile with Battle Compressors, Ultra Balls and Dowsing Mashine / Computer Search. Use Rebirth to get the phoenix out and let him sit on the bench. Huntail can attack for 1 Water Energy with Powerful Storm I thiunk is the name of its attack which deals 20 damage times the number of energy on your field! Very speedy and not that expensive imo. Im actually building this deck on my own right now but i need 2 more Huntail :p

also try using 4 Professor Juniper, 3-4 N, 3 Skylas and 2 Lysandres ^^

hope that helps!!

This is a really good Huntail / Ho-Oh list that won something in Austria I believe. Looked pretty cool.

Pokémon: 14

• 4 Ho-Oh EX
    4 Huntail
    4 Clamperl
    1 Jirachi EX
    1 Mr. Mime
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 32

• 4 Professor Juniper
    3 N
    3 Skyla
    2 Lysandre
    4 VS Seeker
    4 Ultra Ball
    4 Battle Compressor
    2 Silver Bangle
    2 Switch
    2 Skyarrow Bridge
    1 Tool Scrapper
    1 Dowsing Machine
Energy: 14

• 6 Water Energy
    1 Grass Energy
    1 Fire Energy
    1 Lightning Energy
    1 Psychic Energy
    1 Fighting Energy
    1 Darkness Energy
    1 Metal Energy
    1 Fairy Energy

Okay, thanks. The deck was really just for fun, not really competitive- we play with friends and it's entertaining.
That does look a decent deck list. I'll look into it!

yeah the decklist Mora posted is the exact same that the winner of the "Arena Cup" In Salzburg, Austria won. I played Kyogre and ran into Genesect twice.

i guess just for fun you could add in some supporters and cut some energies, so you are not only drawing energies and nothing else, because that is NOT funny at all :p

Back