Pokemon R/S/E Remake Hints Discussion

Salamencetrainer34 said:
Realization: Before announcement, everyone wanted a RSE remake.Very few wanted gen 6. Now gen 6 is out there, there is a small amount of lovers of RSE and want remakes, and lots of them excited for gen 6.

No, I think it was more that the RS remake crowd was just more vocal about having them 5th gen and now that they've been proven wrong, they've quieted down.

Salamencetrainer34 said:
Everyone hates gen 3. Except me. It is greatest gen.

Realization: Before announcement, everyone wanted a RSE remake.Very few wanted gen 6. Now gen 6 is out there, there is a small amount of lovers of RSE and want remakes, and lots of them excited for gen 6.

No one I know hates gen 3.

And no one I know was expecting RSE remakes anytime soon either. And the few who did, merely informing them about the 3DS being 2 years old was enough to make them realize where its heading.

Yeah, I don't hate 3rd gen either. I used to, but once I got over the lack of backwards compatibility and RS removing most of my favorites, I stopped hating it.

Releasing R/S remakes on the DS wasn't something I was counting on, but I strongly feel like it'll be releases on the 3DS. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if this game came out after X and Y (though this is fading far into the future, and is only fan speculation).

Bogleech said:
I don't think they ever had any intention of remaking every single generation.

I don't think they did either, I think it's more of a way of catching older fans of that Pokemon generation, and for informing the younger, and less knowledgable fans about previous Pokemon regions.

I don't hate Gen 3, I do have extreme dislike for the following though.

Poocheyena/Mightyena
Zigzagoon/Linoone
Shiftry
Wingull/Pelipper
Loudred/Exploud
Volbeat
Illumise
Sharpedo
Camerupt
Torkaol
Spoink/Grumpig
Zangoose
Seviper
Whiscash
Crawdaunt
Armaldo
Glalie
Walrein
Spinda (but he makes a great punching bag for EV training)

And yet I just absolutely love these pokemon and trainers

Ralts - Gardevoir
Bagon - Salamence
Banette
Kyogre
Groudon... sometimes... most often I think he looks really goofy with those chain chomp teeth. Then again I love chain chomp so...
Rayquaza
Deoxys
Latios and Latias
Milotic

Roxanne
Flannery
Winona
Steven
Drake

Gym leader battle theme

That's about it for what I liked about Gen 3, and it's enough to want to see a remake.

Salamencetrainer34 said:
I got these hints of RSE remakes so far: Fame checker reintroduced in BW2
Dive reintroduced

And a possibly huge hint... Tornadus and thunderus fought in the unova region, wrecking houses, blowing things away, etc. Landorus stopped them from fighting... Sound familar?

On that note: Tornadus - Green (Rayquaza)
Thunderus - Blue (Kyogre)
Landorus - Brown (Groudon)

Discuss and post other hints!

Except the exact same thing happened with Dialga, Palkia and Darkrai in the Darkrai movie. It's just a reoccurring theme because they can't seem to think of anything else. :p

MrSquarepants said:
I don't hate Gen 3, I do have extreme dislike for the following though.

Poocheyena/Mightyena
Zigzagoon/Linoone
Shiftry
Wingull/Pelipper
Loudred/Exploud
Volbeat
Illumise
Sharpedo
Camerupt
Torkaol
Spoink/Grumpig
Zangoose
Seviper
Whiscash
Crawdaunt
Armaldo
Glalie
Walrein
Spinda (but he makes a great punching bag for EV training)

And yet I just absolutely love these pokemon and trainers

Ralts - Gardevoir
Bagon - Salamence
Banette
Kyogre
Groudon... sometimes... most often I think he looks really goofy with those chain chomp teeth. Then again I love chain chomp so...
Rayquaza
Deoxys
Latios and Latias
Milotic

Roxanne
Flannery
Winona
Steven
Drake

Gym leader battle theme

That's about it for what I liked about Gen 3, and it's enough to want to see a remake.

I agree with the most liked, but you forgot Metagross and Aggron. And would really like a 3D remake.

I'd want to see a remake that takes place years later. Wally becomes a gym leader (possible replacement to the twins as a Psychic leader)

Someone else in the Normal gym. I'm not sure who.

Norman is champ now haha!

LOL

I can totally see Wally turn into an important figure in hypothetical RS sequels, whether it'd be as E4, champ, or just replacing Tate/Liza...there was no other important person using Gardevoir in their team anyway.

I'd rather see Wally as the Champion or something.

If they keep Tate/Liza they should make their mains Gardevoir and Gallade.

I agree with the most liked, but you forgot Metagross and Aggron. And would really like a 3D remake.

I did forget about Metagross, he's awesome but I don't really like Aggron. Love Aron and Lairon, Aggron is okay. Good typing if not for the fighting double weakness though.

And if you battle Steven again, I hope he doesn't get the rival theme again. X_x

Back