Ruling Question Regarding AZ with Evolution Lines

Discussion in 'PTCG Competitive Play' started by spartanzdude3, Oct 27, 2014.

1. spartanzdude3 Aspiring Trainer
    spartanzdude3

The supporter AZ that is coming out in Phantom Forces reads "Put 1 of your Pokemon into your hand. (Discard all cards attached to that Pokemon.)"

Let's say I have the new Crobat out in the active position and I use AZ as my supporter. Do I return Crobat and the previous evolutions with it to my hand or just Crobat?

Thank you!

2. One Approved

Chat Room Staff Advanced Member Member

Here's a scan

You would pick up the entire evolution line, just like you would with Super Scoop Up or Scoop Up Cyclone. (But you discard anything attached to the crobat. Energy, Pokemon Tools, etc.) In the future, remember to post scans with your question n_n

3. FourteenAlmonds Roasted, but not salty
    FourteenAlmonds

uh... bump I guess

Does this ruling apply for the upcoming Scoop Up Net (?) as well?

4. CrownAxe Aspiring Trainer
    CrownAxe

Man why bump a thread from OVER 5 YEARS AGO? Just make a thread asking about scoop up net

Otaku likes this.
  5. FourteenAlmonds Roasted, but not salty
    FourteenAlmonds

Lol this was just what came up when I googled for an answer.

Sometimes it’s good to have a look at what’s gone before :p

6. Otaku The wise fool?
    Otaku

It is good to read the old threads, but you probably shouldn't just bump them. Then again, I don't remember the forum rules on necroposting. XP

Sometimes, older rulings are no longer applicable; the new cards have something different about them, or the powers-that-be have tweaked out the game works. We won't have a concrete answer until the English card comes out - I expect this will be in the FAQ - but odds are good Scoop Up Net will work like AZ.

FourteenAlmonds likes this.
  7. snoopy369 Aspiring Trainer
    snoopy369

Advanced Member Member

I think it would be very unlikely for them to change the ruling here - Pokémon are not "attached" to each other in evolving, they're sort of a cohesive thing. Anything's possible, but barring a surprise ruling from Japan or something I'd assume it works just like it does with Az.

Just for clarity, the ruling from the Compendium:

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?

Moderated By

AlphaVoxel, Brave Vesperia