Ruling Question Regarding AZ with Evolution Lines

spartanzdude3

Aspiring Trainer
The supporter AZ that is coming out in Phantom Forces reads "Put 1 of your Pokemon into your hand. (Discard all cards attached to that Pokemon.)"

Let's say I have the new Crobat out in the active position and I use AZ as my supporter. Do I return Crobat and the previous evolutions with it to my hand or just Crobat?

Thank you!

One Approved

;
Advanced Member
Here's a scan

You would pick up the entire evolution line, just like you would with Super Scoop Up or Scoop Up Cyclone. (But you discard anything attached to the crobat. Energy, Pokemon Tools, etc.) In the future, remember to post scans with your question n_n

Otaku

The wise fool?
Lol this was just what came up when I googled for an answer.

Sometimes it’s good to have a look at what’s gone before :p

It is good to read the old threads, but you probably shouldn't just bump them. Then again, I don't remember the forum rules on necroposting. XP

Sometimes, older rulings are no longer applicable; the new cards have something different about them, or the powers-that-be have tweaked out the game works. We won't have a concrete answer until the English card comes out - I expect this will be in the FAQ - but odds are good Scoop Up Net will work like AZ.

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I think it would be very unlikely for them to change the ruling here - Pokémon are not "attached" to each other in evolving, they're sort of a cohesive thing. Anything's possible, but barring a surprise ruling from Japan or something I'd assume it works just like it does with Az.

Just for clarity, the ruling from the Compendium:
AZ (Phantom Forces)
Q. When playing the AZ supporter, do I put all Pokemon stages into my hand, or just the Basic or highest stage?
A. You put all of the Pokemon cards into your hand, including all Stages and Mega cards. (Phantom Forces FAQ; Nov 13, 2014 TPCi Rules Team)