PTCGO Tournament Alpha Testing

PumpedAaron

S Type Armor
Pokemon Trading Card Game Online has recently been hosting Tournament Alpha Testing a handful of times, lately! Has anyone else been attending it? How do you feel about it?

I think its pretty rockin' that you get to participate in multiple tournaments in quick succession, and that competitors can't watch from the sidelines to see prematurely what Decks other competitors are playing.

I don't like that you have to use theme decks in it. Since I only have the basic red, orange, and blue decks in TCGO it makes being even remotely competitive against people with purchased theme decks tricky.

Frost Mage said:
You don't there's a tournament matchmaking system for Standard, Unlimited, and Theme Decks. :)

That must be a newer feature, the first couple days of alpha testing you couldn't choose.

They are actually pretty good. Maybe we can post here whenever one is announced while they're on Alpha Testing?

Luispipe8 said:
They are actually pretty good. Maybe we can post here whenever one is announced while they're on Alpha Testing?

That would be great because I can never find out when they are.

I've played in 3 tourneys. Its a ton of fun, but really sucks that its single elimination... one bad hand basically throws it for you, and theres SO MANY yveltal and plasma decks... I got 2nd twice with my Ninetails deck (lost to Yveltal twice on one prize)

Tried one out with a totally new deck I had just made, and got trounced big time.
The opponent I will call "Mr. Bling".
His/her entire deck was either full-art supporters or gold-bordered Pokemon/trainers.

Some sort of Empoleon/Dusknoir thing.
Which obviously nobody I have played against in league ever played.

EricDent said:
Tried one out with a totally new deck I had just made, and got trounced big time.
The opponent I will call "Mr. Bling".
His/her entire deck was either full-art supporters or gold-bordered Pokemon/trainers.

Some sort of Empoleon/Dusknoir thing.
Which obviously nobody I have played against in league ever played.
... I was playing a blinged out Empoleon/Dusknoir deck for a tournament I think. 0_0

Tournament Alpha Testing starts today, West Coast USA time, from 2 PM to 4 PM!

Edit:

AAAAAND its over!! Phew. I took 2 tournaments by 1st place, but not before taking 2 or 3 other tournaments in last/ around last place! Had to make a crucial change to my Deck.

I managed to get some testing in too, but I only caught the last 30 minutes with 2 rounds, respectively 1st and 2nd place!
My deck wasn't even that good too! But I'll take the 6 free packs, hopefully this comes back soon and thanks @pumpedaaron for the time info!

I was bored, so I decided to play in some tournaments with my mega kangaskhan/aromatisse deck. I managed to get 1st once, 2nd once, and 3rd twice. I'm not that great at the tcg so I was pleasantly surprised.

One of these days I'll know when tournaments are on and I will get in and give it a shot. Try and make something kooky and fun for it I think....

Or there will come a time when being in Australia and having the time to log on and play will coincide!

Pope said:
For those of us in Australia, is that today or tomorrow?

Oh! You're from Australia. Well... apparently, the current time in Sydney is Friday, 1:17 PM, so I guess in Australia, it would actually be Saturday.

PumpedAaron said:
Pope said:
For those of us in Australia, is that today or tomorrow?

Oh! You're from Australia. Well... apparently, the current time in Sydney is Friday, 1:17 PM, so I guess in Australia, it would actually be Saturday.
Yeah... And here I was thinking I might get a decent night's sleep for once in my life.. :p

I guess sleep is over-rated anyway :p

Aaaaand its over! Placed 1st in 2 tournaments. Placed last in 1, apparently, if you win multiple tournaments in a row by 1st place, you get a bigger boost in your prizes.... or SOMETHING like that. It might depend on which tournament you select, but I don't really know

Back