Professor Cup

GHJamesGH

Retired Mod
I haven't seen a thread for Professor Cup discussion, so I decided to post one. The rules this year are that you are not allowed to use basic Pokemon, and all stage 1s are treated as Basics.

What decks do you think are viable?

also its col-on

i think zoroark DEX will be the play, a basic(essentially) being able to hit 120 for just a dce is too good.
he just needs some good partners

Archeops is going to be a really big card; it's a 130HP basic that, once in play, hard counters quite a few decks that would otherwise have potential. So that basically leaves us working with a much smaller cardpool. I'd want to run Eelektrik/Zebstrika. All the search is with the ball engine, so if you can shut that down before they get a turn, they're in big trouble. And the 80 snipe is a lot better with Junk Arm and big basics gone. Plus, with Prism Energy, you can run other techs to deal with that deck's weaknesses.

DarMAXitan. It's like the Audino of the Professor Cup.

I thought about Carracosta NV, which you could conceivably run like Quad-Terrakion. Its attack does 80+discard an Energy for WWCC, and its ability could, potentially, reduce damage by 50 - so it's like Cinccino except much sturdier.
It just isn't that fast, sadly.

Back