Finished Previous Thread For: The Challenge - Season 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The Challenge: Season Five [SIGNUPS - ONE SPOT LEFT]

I insist, this is going to be so intense that the "cannon fodder" like me are the ones that will prevale long-term... XD

Luispipe8 said:
I insist, this is going to be so intense that the "cannon fodder" like me are the ones that will prevale long-term... XD
For sure going to be gone after every round, lasts anyway.
Sounds familiar...

I should have mentioned this before: with the way this season is setup, making enemies is the worst thing you can do. :x

RaichuGirl said:
Kidding. :p
Sorta...

PG24 said:
I should have mentioned this before: with the way this season is setup, making enemies is the worst thing you can do. :x
Rivalries from the last challenge cannot be undone until it is over.
It's a rule of nature. Keeper's Law.

If I can get one more person tonight, I can put up the prologue at midnight and post the first challenge later Sunday night.

I'm already starting to have regrets. But I'm in this now, so I'm going to see it through to the end. And I'm really liking the addition of flavor this time around.

PG24 said:
Which is why I'm going to be the first one out...

SCREW IT.

prologue coming up in a bit. first challenge will be posted later Sunday. i will accept that final person between now and then, but signups will officially be closed upon the posting of the first challenge.

RE: The Challenge: Season Five [SIGNUPS - TWO SPOTS LEFT]

2d0ngh3.png

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty."
- Revelation 1:8​

Below the earth, Diglett dug. On the land, Miltank grazed. In the skies, Pidgeot soared. Above those skies, gods reigned. The mentioned gods lived in a place of many names: heaven, nirvana, paradise, etc. They were joined by the angels of the dearly departed and, of course, the Lord of All. It was a peaceful time for longer than even the angels could remember, but that was about to change.

For generations upon generations, He had been watching the situation on the land He rules. He took notice of a game that brought the worst out of people: deceit, hatred, violence, wrath, envy, pride, and many more. A game which had been created to show comradery and teamwork had been corrupted due to the sins of the competitors. After letting the game develop with hopes that man would find righteous path to victory, He decided the wait was ill-advised and His own judgement would be needed.

He met with His advisers, His own sons, to discuss their plan to right the wrong.

The oldest of the sons spoke first. "Are you sure this is all necessary, Father? It's the actions of but a few humans. It's not like Hell is too crowded for them."

"The actions of the few represent the actions of the many," Father responded.

The middle son cleared his voice. "S-so you're saying we should punish the whole human race? Surely there must be a-another way, F-father."

"Kahkahkah! Brother, don't tell me you seriously have a soft spot for these pathetic beings. We should have killed them off ages ago. Bravo on finally coming to your senses, old man," the youngest jeered with a sinister smirk.

Father hit the youngest with a powerful blast and shouted, "Learn your place, boy! Don't forget what happened the last time you spoke like a devil!" He then turned his head to face all of His sons to see the fear in their eyes.

"Beginning today, the 6th of April 2014, Judgement shall be dealt to all who have sinned. Those who renounce their sins through their deeds will find an elevated existence awaiting them. At the core of this Judgement, those participating in 'The Challenge' will decide the future of the human race based on their actions," he proclaimed.

The three sons retreated to their domains, awaiting the next act of Father's plan. Even if they disagreed with Him, they knew that Father's rule was absolute. All three of them knew there is no backing down once He proclaims Judgement.

The Lord then took to his pedestal and yelled to all the heavens and Earth. "Today, humans will know pain. They will know fear. They will know God."

idc5yqUvct8Kv.gif

If that flavor is any indication of what is about to happen, this is going to be one. wild. ride.

So the fate of the human race rests on this forum game... A little over-dramatic, don't you think? Regardless, I am PUMPED.

I expected more more, actually.
Anyway, when do we split into teams?

I actually am very happy that this is starting early, so I won't feel so bad if I lose the other one. :>

qmyouc.png

(you guys won't split into teams for some time. 19/20 people cannot be divided by 3.)
(it's the prologue. i'm not going to reveal much or make it extravagant. it's meant purely to give a setting and general plot)

So, every man for himself right from the start?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back