Prerelease decks?

TokyoToots

7 year old weeaboo
I was wondering if there are any big obvious prerelease decks that you guys have found for plasma blast, like how heatmor was in plasma storm.

I haven't been to a pre-release (lack of any happening locally), but Sawk is amazing. Capable of [C] for 50!

The uxie was good I won my first two games because I got it in my starting hand, for one (P) you could put three damage counters on the defending pokemon in any way.

Cards of note that aren't EX:

~Kangaskhan
~Uxie
~Ursaring
~CFF Genesect
~Sawk
~Blastoise
~Musharna
~Houndoom

EVERYBODY had a Kangaskhan alright lol. For good reason too. With call for family, and then a deadly flip 4 coins attack, it's definitely a reliable Pokemon. That being said, Sawk and Throh were also pretty common and once they were fully powered, they were pretty dangerous. That's why I ran a Drifblim in my deck. Drifblim is definitely a must if you manage to pull the family. Snorunt is another good choice as putting your opponents to sleep can give you a lot of free turns.

The winning deck in juniors and masters revolved around Tropius though. I pulled a couple of them but failed to read his second attack. That's the only deck that I lost to. :( You definitely will want to run a Tropius if you get some because mostly all the attackers in the set need at least 2 energys to do damage so that's 60 damage already from energy press!

Me and my friends pointed out that "Big Basics" decks were good in the Plasma Blast prereleases if they cycle around Kangaskhan and can get out everything fast. Sawk is also great in that deck.

Out of curiosity, did does anyone know of any ex deck that actually saw some success at the pre-release? I know that the top 4 decks for Masters didn't contain any in our area. I'm assuming it was because of the Silver Mirrors and Suicune stopping the major ex's in their tracks. Virizion isn't Plasma though so I'm curious to know how that did since it packs a wallop unlike Jirachi.

Palkia EX won the theme deck portion of Prerelease at mine.

Tropius is a good card for limited format. Return may only do 10 damage for energy, but the hand refresh is important. The second attack is also quite good, especially if the opponent gets out a Pokemon that has high energy attacks.

Back