'Pokemon TCG Treasure Tin' in November [8/26]

AW YEAH a lunchbox.

RealSlim said:
Metalizard said:
Are you seriously believing the XY era is over? I've said this tons of times before, you're just comparing this case to the Gen 4 era instead of the gen 3 era. When FRLG were released, did the corresponding set ended the EX era? No. What will likely happen is they will have some sets based on ORAS until the release of Z or whatever the 3rd Kalos game will be, and then have sets based on that game, but it will be all part of the same TCG era...
EX era were different (EX Ruby & Sapphire, EX FireRed LeafGreen). Now is XY era, and I don't know what they'll do with the XY era when ORAS will be out. They can't ignore ORAS in the TCG, but they can't publish it in the XY era.

XY-OmegaRuby & Alpha Sapphire? No, absolutely not.

Hey hey hey, it could happen you know, but with Generation 3, it was EX Ruby and Sapphire, EX Firered and Leafgreen, EX Emerald etc.

Generation 4 and 5 was Diamond and Pearl, Diamond and Pearl blah, Platinum, Platinum Blah, Heartgold Soulsilver, HS blah, Black and White, Black and White blah, Black and White BlEXah, Black and White Plasma blah.

Generation 6 is XY, XY blah, so it would be better to assume that ORAS's sets would be Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, and ORAS blah, rather than continuing the XY series. At the same time though, XY series is only 4 sets. and that is kind of short, but if XY being the newest pokemon main series games is short, then I guess there is no problem having only 4 XY series expansions. It's like saying they won't release ORAS the video game this year because XY was just released last year, but we all know how surprised we all were when they announced that ORAS the video game was going to be released this year.

In Japan's Generation III, the ADV series, representing ruby and sapphire, only had 5 total sets, and that was it, before they switched to the PCG expansions. The first PCG set was what we called ex Firered Leafgreen outside of Japan, and continued to be PCG sets until the DP series.

As a person that likes completed patterns I kind of got pissed when we got the Kalos Starter set precons instead of the Black and White legendary treasures precons, and am even more pissed that they could have made a lunchbox containing all the cards from Japan's XY beginning set.

Actually I specifically said that XY and ORAS could easily be combined and viewed as one era. It doesn't change the fact if they follow the ORAS prefix, it would be different from the XY prefix and at least on some level it would be the end of that part of the era. Gen 3 was handled in the same way as Gen 4 was, at least in my opinion.

It could be XY ORAS, then XY ORAS blah, etc. You know, a subtitle within a subtitle? Kind of like the Plasma sets, well sort of anyway.

Calling $30 for the price.

Probably won't pick this up, but if the Mudkip art is any good I'll probably buy that as a Single. No need for a tin, I buy packs separately, and I've no interest in the other goodies.

We can't assume XY is over, even though I don't mind if it is haha. It could be just one set like FRLG was, back in the EX era. Or it could be like the HGSS sets, of which we had 3.

Either way this might be the thing that brings me back to collecting, I have been uninspired by the BW/XY sets. Well I liked a few BW sets.

Though this is a great product, really fun so I will definitely get one for collecting purposes though I would of liked the ORAS set to be released in November.

Back