Spin-Off 'Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon' Launching Winter 2015

If they don't jack with the game in any way that they did GTI, this is already looking to be a great addition to this series; one that actually does the games prior justice.

I'm just gonna say this now, I think Yveltal is gonna end up being the Main Villian behind everything. In the back behind Mega Charizard Y it looks a lot like Xerneas in tree form. So I'm assuming the main game plot has something to do with Yveltal Vs. Xerneas! Hopefully the post game is amazing this time around too, maybe with Hoopa as sorta like a Manaphy type character =P. I'm thinking Mega Evolution is possible because correct a Human & Pokemon partner are needed to have a bond, so technically you & you're partner are a Human & trusted partner which activates the Mega Evolution! I came up with that theory because of what we learned in Explorers of T/D/S "A trusted partner is needed to active the Dimensional Scream".

The trailer looks so awesome. The fact traps appear to be one-time only (as shown in the trailer the Spin Trap Pikachu stepped on broke after the effect occurred) should've been the way traps happened since the beginning. Honestly, traps needed to be one-time only as a punishment for the one who stepped on it.

The traps were such a pain in previous games if they were constantly stepped on (particularly Selfdestruct/Explosion Traps).

I'm about 90% sure this thing turning legendarys and mythical a into pokemon is rather hoops unbound or yveltal.

It's most likely Yveltal, since Hoopa isn't really destructive, just mischievous. Plus Yveltal is pretty much portrayed as the destruction Pokemon, when it awakens it drains the life force out of everything. So maybe in this game, Yveltal's slow process of waking up is steadily turning Pokemon into stone? Just a little theory I whipped up, I wonder what Post Game will look like though.. Hope its pretty big like Explorers.

It's most likely Yveltal, since Hoopa isn't really destructive, just mischievous. Plus Yveltal is pretty much portrayed as the destruction Pokemon, when it awakens it drains the life force out of everything. So maybe in this game, Yveltal's slow process of waking up is steadily turning Pokemon into stone? Just a little theory I whipped up, I wonder what Post Game will look like though.. Hope its pretty big like Explorers.
How about the menacing Giratina shadow though? Only Legendary / Mythical Pokémon portrayed in the entire trailer who seems unfriendly.

How about the menacing Giratina shadow though? Only Legendary / Mythical Pokémon portrayed in the entire trailer who seems unfriendly.

Hmm you could be right! But Giratina is the renegade Pokemon & was probably thrown into chaos because of the outbreak of Pokemon getting turned to stone, including legends. In Mystery Dungeon games, Pokemon in times of disorder or chaos often lose their reason like how Dialga turned Dark due to the planets paralysis. But yea you could be right!

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering its the newest, parallel to gen 6 MD title, it could easily be Yveltal too. But won't it be overly repetitive when a movie and a MD title uses a similar plot device?

I've never tried this series, except for the Gates to Infinity demo that didn't sell me...That was really boring, and it was almost all dialogue which put me off. Are all MD games like that? Is it a very simple kind of game or is it challenging or what?

I've never tried this series, except for the Gates to Infinity demo that didn't sell me...That was really boring, and it was almost all dialogue which put me off. Are all MD games like that? Is it a very simple kind of game or is it challenging or what?
There's a lot of dialogue at the start as MD gameplay isn't as simple as the main titles of Pokémon VG. I guess the demo would have to be so too. The depth and more dialogue allows for more character development, so I actually like playing MD more than the main titles as they are much more engaging. First time I played MD Red when I was a kid, I actually cried when the main character disappeared. It is rather challenging, but it's a lot of fun.

MD games are usually very fun, I've played and loved all of them except for gates to infinity, they can be fairly challenging at times depending on your skill, and tell a much deeper story then the main Pokemon rpg franchise, the long parts of text usually only happen at the beggining, but there can be some longer bouts of it. I would recommend it if you weren't sure. They are great fun

PMD is a really great side series & I recommend it over the main games even though those are really engaging. The overall story & fact that you're a starter Pokemon fighting legends & being the planet's savior is really intriguing in its own, along with how Pokemon interact with each other & have their own towns and villages. The first time I played Mystery Dungeon was Explorers of Time and it was confusing at first but the guide book saved my life. The most challenging part of the game is the Hunger Mechanic & getting trapped in a Monster House, literally every time I heard the music I had a seizure unless I had the right orbs or room clearing moves.

But yea I recommend you get this game to try it out! With all 720 Pokemon & a wide selection of starters to play with it already looks like it'll be great. Plus the Pokemon turning into stone thing sounds pretty interesting. Also PMD tends to have a really great Post Game, especially Explorers.

glad it has every single Pokemon cannot wait but how come the Holiday 2015? i thought in November 2015 it was coming out lol

Holiday is November through (get this) early January. It could still be a November release. And since it IS Pokemon on the better-selling of their systems, it's very likely.

I don't understand all the hatred for GtI. It's a step down from PMD2, but the difficulty level, plot, characters, and music are far superior to those of the first games and certainly the third games for WiiWare. I really hope this new game will be like an epic mixture between Explorers and GtI. But I'm a bit worried about the map. I don't think the dungeon floor plan map has been shown in the trailers yet (if I'm wrong, please inform me). It could be that it's in hidden mode or on the bottom screen, but what piplup said in the trailer makes me wonder if it won't be like Etrian Odyssey where you have to map out the floor plan as you go along. That would be extremely arduous and annoying.

But besides that, I feel like there will be some kind of mapping mechanic. Maybe more areas of the Wonder Map will be drawn when you visit a new dungeon, kind of like how the clouds cleared over those areas in the past. And I also feel like Hoopa will be the one who's petrifying all the legends. It would be really predictable and frankly, not surprising, although it would be kind of cool for a little legendary to be the 'big bad'. What do you guys think?

Back