'Pokemon Sun' and 'Pokemon Moon' Trademarks Filed!

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
I don't think if the plotlines of these games would revolve around space; but perhaps more to do with weather then what Kyogre and Groudon had.

Maybe a plot involving harnessing the power of the sun/moon for some evil purpose?

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
I remember some games, also a pair, with sun and moon on the title... they had creatures like pokémon, except those could talk like humans... It also ended with -mon, I can't remember now...

Anyway, Mega Solrock and Mega Lunatone are clearly the games mascots.

Rusty Sticks

♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Highly doubt it's Gen 7 related. We haven't seen Volcanion nor the Zygarde forms in-game yet. Tradition goes that all mythical Pokemon are released in their respective generations before the next generation is revealed. Seems like a potential sequel to XY, ala Black and White 2.

They could be trying something new though. XY didn't introduce a lot of new Pokemon, and obviously Magearna doesn't exist in the game files of XY/ORAS. Perhaps a Gen 6.5 kind of thing?

Or it's all just a ruse.

Skyleaf2000

Resident UB Enthusiast
#TeamSun !!
Blazing a path to the future!!

All right, at first I wanted X2/Y2/Z, but now I am EXTREMELY HYPED and hoping this is Gen 7.
Celestial themes have always been one of my favorites, and I'm looking forward to making my Team Scorching Sunrockets!!

#TeamSun for the win!!

EDIT:
@Rusty Sticks Don't ruin my hope. ;^;

Superqami

Aspiring Trainer
Am I the only one who thinks that the Moon logo looks like the TCG's Darkness type symbol, just that they took out a circular piece from it and placed it OUTSIDE.

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
70aqo9.jpg

asdjklghty

-------------
Don't know why everyone is jumping on the Darkrai/Cresselia bandwagon for this. Cresselia had nothing to do with the sun, Cresselia represents the full moon, and Darkrai represents the new moon.
Darkrai and Cresselia team up against a new legendary called the "Sun Pokemon".

G-Panthera

Panthera's Fiercest Fighter
The Moon symbol remains me of the Fairy-type and the Dark-type symbols from the TCG. Perhaps a Fairy/Dark mascot?
The Sun one is just Fire to me.

What about the possibility of two Fairy-type legends? One is Fire/Fairy, and the other is Water/Fairy. For the latter it would make sense because Water is controlled by and is associated with the moon, where as Fire/Fairy would be totally new.

Skyleaf2000

Resident UB Enthusiast
What about the possibility of two Fairy-type legends? One is Fire/Fairy, and the other is Water/Fairy. For the latter it would make sense because Water is controlled by and is associated with the moon.
Or perhaps a Dark/Water-Type for Moon, and a Fire/Fairy for Sun?
The symbol for Sun makes me think of light, which would usually be associated with Fairy. And this way they are both equally effective against each other, a balance a lot of fans have been begging for.

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
What about the possibility of two Fairy-type legends? One is Fire/Fairy, and the other is Water/Fairy. For the latter it would make sense because Water is controlled by and is associated with the moon.

It would be considered spamming Fairy-type legends for me. Especially after Magiana, which I think is a Pokemon that most definitely is going to be a Fairy-type.
Water are controlled by the moon? I didn't know that. :]

Nyora

A Cat
As for me, Solrock and Lunatone Megas, Cresselia and Darkrai Megas, Golurk Mega, Pokemon that walk with you, custom trainers, a Bad team leader holding a legendary when you battle him, cozmic type, and all sorts of other Pokemon converted to Cosmic type.

G-Panthera

Panthera's Fiercest Fighter
It would be considered spamming Fairy-type legends for me. Especially after Magiana, which I think is a Pokemon that most definitely is going to be a Fairy-type.
Water are controlled by the moon? I didn't know that. :]

Well, more specifically, the tides are controlled by the moon's gravity. You learn new things every day:D

Or perhaps a Dark/Water-Type for Moon, and a Fire/Fairy for Sun?
The symbol for Sun makes me think of light, which would usually be associated with Fairy. And this way they are both equally effective against each other, a balance a lot of fans have been begging for.

Oh that works too, very nicely indeed. Didn't think about that. Dark/Water types are always cool.

Gruffling

Aspiring Trainer
I'm not letting myself think of this as gen 6.5 or gen 7 hype. I'm not expecting it to be anything main series related or even real until official confirmation.

That kind of hype level would lead to crippling disappointment if it didn't pan out. Not that I'm not secretly hoping mind you.