Pokemon Pokemon Plotholes Discussion Thread

RE: Pokemon Plotholes!

xanaseviper said:
Pokequaza said:
Muddy68 said:
Maybe people can run into you and smash the eggs?
That would be very funny.
Also, how is it when Exeggcutor's heads fall off, they become Exeggcute?
They look so different, and that would be weird.
Example:
A toddler walks up to an Exeggcutor and its head falls off. Nightmares...
Lol, wouldn't they break when they fall because it's an egg? :p

And here's another, how is Zubat able to learn Mean Look while it has no eyes!!! xD explanation please :p

Well Brock walks around without bumping into things and never opens his eyes so why shouldnt zubat learn mean look.
whahaha :p Brock is like a super-human xD but he has opened it eyes ones, in a larvitar episode; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u72zulgOYFc :p

What happened to red in Silver Gold and Crystal did he have a panic attack and decide to go to Mt.Silver and Just wait there only to say "..." whenever someone comes by

Unless someone's already said this, I'd be obligated to. If there's only one of each legendary Pokémon (excluding those that are plenty in number), how come there are shiny versions (with the ratio of getting them being 1:8192)?[/twist]

Palmer said:
Unless someone's already said this, I'd be obligated to. If there's only one of each legendary Pokémon (excluding those that are plenty in number), how come there are shiny versions (with the ratio of getting them being 1:8192)?[/twist]

that indeed, is wierd.

but in the pokemon world you live in, the legendary is shiny or not, theres just a 1 in 8192 chance it's shiny in your game.
and you only meet the legendary once so...

Well, here's another. Alakazam is one of the most intelligent entities in the Pokémon universe, capable of memorizing libraries upon libraries of books. How can he only know up to four moves?[/plothole]

Because it would take too long to scroll through the dozens of move pages to make it even be worth using in a battle.

They hold the item inside their fist when they use mega punch.

But!

How can Pokémon without hands hold items?

Also, how come Togekiss can learn Mega Kick, but it has tiny, useless feet?
(It still knows Mega Kick if the Togetic knew it.)

charizard6041 said:
What happened to red in Silver Gold and Crystal did he have a panic attack and decide to go to Mt.Silver and Just wait there only to say "..." whenever someone comes by

The "..." is in reference to how Red was a silent protagonist in Gen. 1, only saying "yes" or "no".

._.

This isn't really a plot hole, just something odd:

Deoxys keeps its moves when it changes its forms. Defense Form can learn Iron Defense. When you change Deoxys to Attack Form, it still knows Iron Defense. So you have a Pokemon that uses a naerly pointless move for it.

Palmer said:
Well, here's another. Alakazam is one of the most intelligent entities in the Pokémon universe, capable of memorizing libraries upon libraries of books. How can he only know up to four moves?[/plothole]

Well that's only in the game. In the anime, pokemo have a larger variety of stuff.

EVen though in the anime they almost barely ever use type coverage moves... and occassionally they can bypass the type chart, like when he KO'd Treecko with Pikachu when he caught it. It was apparently because he was no long electrically grounded. Logical sense, just makes it weird in canon.

Here is something I thought up when I was bored:

How can Xatu bear to live if it sees the past through one eye and the future through the other. It would just destroy itself or dare not to move if it changes something? Even bigger how does proffeser Oak know these things?

Why does everyone use normal Pokeballs? I mean, only during the Johto series some people, mainly Ash & Co, used different balls. >_>

I got one. How come the master ball has a 100% catch rate, but the only difference between it and a normal pokeball is their color. I guess the purplenes keeps them in the ball. :D

I kind of have one. When water pokemon use water gun are they creating new matter? It sort of seems like the pokemon world should be flooding with the infinite amount of water pokemon keep spitting out. This also goes for grass types and razor leaf

Back