Pokemon Movie 16: Extremespeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens!

debugs said:
I'm guessing Mewtwo is going to be a fairy type..

Can you please expand a little more on why you think that and how it relates to the movie? That way we can talk it out better. :)

There is finally an English release date for the movie! Looking at the trailer I'm expecting it to be great. It will be the first time we get to see Mega Evolution in the anime. How do you think that cast will respond to such a new way of evolving? Will they acknowledge it as a whole new way of evolving and be surprised or will the evolution method be ignored?

I find it funny that there is an entire movies based on something that wasn't even officially announced yet. Mega Mewtwo was neither confirmed forme nor Mega Evolution (I mean NO ONE saw that coming). However, we silly westerners get to watch and connect the dots with Mega Evolutions!

Yeah, it's funny, I'm not sure if they'll actually acknowledge Mega Evolution in the film or not. Of course they didn't in the Japanese release, but they might be able to play around with it more when they re-dub. I'm thinking they still might not, though.

Mewtwo mega evolves in the film, so i'm pretty sure that means mega evolution is acknowledged.

I'm very torn when it comes to this. On one hand I want to see it for Genesect (I really like it). While on the other I don't want them to mess with Mewtwo by adding in this new one (I would rather it have been the old one or have not included it).

On the Mewtwo point, isn't there only supposed to be one Mewtwo in the entire pokemon world. Team Rocket created it after many failed attempts. I cant wrap my head around how they will incorporate this into the movie. The odds of Team Plasma creating a pokemon form Mew's DNA that is identical shouldn't be possible.

There will only be one Mewtwo in my life, and its definitely not this one.

SleepingSnorlax said:
I'm very torn when it comes to this. On one hand I want to see it for Genesect (I really like it). While on the other I don't want them to mess with Mewtwo by adding in this new one (I would rather it have been the old one or have not included it).

On the Mewtwo point, isn't there only supposed to be one Mewtwo in the entire pokemon world. Team Rocket created it after many failed attempts. I cant wrap my head around how they will incorporate this into the movie. The odds of Team Plasma creating a pokemon form Mew's DNA that is identical shouldn't be possible.

Mewtwo destroyed the lab but Giovanni probably forced other scientists to use the dead people's notes to make 2 more (this one and the newest one). In fact if mewtwo and this newer one have to control the part fighting one to stop it from rampaging that could make a new movie by itself.

zappy800 said:
SleepingSnorlax said:

Mewtwo destroyed the lab but Giovanni probably forced other scientists to use the dead people's notes to make 2 more (this one and the newest one). In fact if mewtwo and this newer one have to control the part fighting one to stop it from rampaging that could make a new movie by itself.

Interesting *rubs grizzly beard* that would seem like a logical take (but what really is logical in pokemon :p). Still the whole Team Plasma having Mewtwo kinda throws me. Only a little longer until we see how its actually handled.

A 3 Mewtwo movie would cause my brain to melt lol

Elite Stride said:
Mewtwo mega evolves in the film, so i'm pretty sure that means mega evolution is acknowledged.

What I mean was whether they would actually go into the new way of evolving or will they just "ignore" it and leave it be. If Mewtwo is seen changing forms back, it SHOULD be leading to many questions for the characters, since they have never seen it before. Will they be asked or will they pretend it's no huge deal?

I just saw the film. I won't go into any spoilers until it's been shown everywhere else, but I'll say this; it's fast, really fast!

Back