Pokemon Movie 16: Extremespeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens!

Playerking95

A bit late, but still.

The teaser trailer is on the Pokemon movie site and here's some images.

http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org3724124.jpg
http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org3724141.jpg
http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org3724149.jpg

RE: Pokemon Movie 16: Genesect.

Its so freaking stylish eOe

I wish theyd pay attention for what colros they assign to shiny forms of EVERY pokemon, not just the cool and OP ones.

Wonder if this Genesect will be directly related to the anime Genesect. I mean its gotta have plasma origin too right?

By this time last year, we merely got a hint about Kyurem getting forme and no word about Keldeo.
I think its safe to assume that theres still more behind this movie we will only slowly find out over the next 3 months like usual. Guess BW2 are still too fresh to give us a "Z" hint, so they started with the shiny part.

Mitja said:
By this time last year, we merely got a hint about Kyurem getting forme and no word about Keldeo.
I think its safe to assume that theres still more behind this movie we will only slowly find out over the next 3 months like usual. Guess BW2 are still too fresh to give us a "Z" hint, so they started with the shiny part.

6th gen costar, perhaps? IIRC they did the same thing with Lucario and Zorua/Zoroark.

Discuss the movie in this thread: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-1-extremespeed-genesect-12-12

Playerking, the images are down.

BTW, Bolt, I don't think it's gonna star any 6th Gen mon, as the 4th DP Movie had 5th Gen mon in it, so the 4th BW Movie will probably have 6th Gen mon in it.

^Except this generation will probably be shorter, so this might actually be the last gen V movie...

Could we expect 6th Gen starters to appear in this Movie?
Or other new pokemon

Silentslayer said:
Could we expect 6th Gen starters to appear in this Movie?
Or other new pokemon

Well, if I'm recalling my dates correctly, Lati@s appeared in Pokemon Heroes in early 2002. But, Lati@s are considered Advanced Generation Pokemon, yet the Advanced Generation wasn't published until late 2002. The XY legendaries obviously won't be in the 16th movie because we all know it features Genesect. I doubt we'll see 6th gen starters in Genesect either, but I wouldn't totally rule out any possibility of other 6th generation Pokemon appearing in the movie considering they might follow a similar approach to Heroes.

I'm with ES on that. Considering the appearance of future Gen Pokemon in movies and the anime, I think 1-2 Gen VI Pokemon will make their debut in Movie 16. After all, with X and Y coming in October, there's no time for Pokemon to be revealed beforehand, unless they make an appearance in the anime.

Oh gee, I wonder what the plot will be.

It totally isn't going to be Ash and Friends go to a town that isn't in the games, and then they meet people that weren't in the games, and then D̶i̶a̶l̶g̶a̶ ̶P̶a̶l̶k̶i̶a̶ ̶D̶a̶r̶k̶r̶a̶i̶ ̶G̶i̶r̶a̶n̶t̶i̶n̶a̶ ̶Z̶o̶r̶o̶a̶r̶k̶ ̶Z̶e̶k̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶R̶e̶s̶h̶i̶r̶a̶m̶ ̶K̶y̶r̶e̶u̶m̶ Genesect attacks!!!111

What I'd like to know is how multiple Genesect can exist. If Genesect is the result of Team Plasma's tinkering, shouldn't there only be one?

PMJ said:
What I'd like to know is how multiple Genesect can exist. If Genesect is the result of Team Plasma's tinkering, shouldn't there only be one?

Perhaps that shiny Genesect's Drive is malfunctioning and it's creating mirage / clone / whatever Genesect? On the main page of the movie site the shiny Genesect's Drive is shown glowing green (a color that it normally cannot be) with electricity flying from it / around it... I dunno.

PMJ said:

Genesect isn't the result of Team Plasma's tinkering, it has existed for a very very long time, it's just that the cannon was added onto the back, but Team Plasma could have a role in this...now what I'd like to know is if five Genesect in one movie is overkill

Team Plasma added the cannon; therefore Genesect (as we know it) is the result of Team Plasma's tinkering. What I'm saying is that for there to be five of them doesn't make sense because that would imply that Genesect (as we know it) isn't one-of-a-kind, which would imply that Team Plasma took -all- the Genesect (from the past) and added cannons to -all- their backs.

One could argue that Genesect is revived from a fossil, and Team Plasma just found five of them, revived them, and altered them. Or maybe these five Genesect will be wild (probably), throwing this theory right out the window and just added more layers to Pokemon's "wtf" breeding world.

This is something I would like to know more about as well. I was like o_O when I heard about the five Genesects. The only explantion that I can come up with is that Team Plasma created one Genesect and they probably cloned and made multiples. Four of the Genesects equipped with a Drive and one of the Genesects with no drive. I don't remember if the Shiny Genesect had a drive or not.

But what is the reason for creating five? Was this an accident (which I doubt) or did Team Plasma purposely make them for a reason?

Hopefully the the 16th movie or even Episode N will give up more information regarding this topic.

PMJ said:
Team Plasma added the cannon; therefore Genesect (as we know it) is the result of Team Plasma's tinkering. What I'm saying is that for there to be five of them doesn't make sense because that would imply that Genesect (as we know it) isn't one-of-a-kind, which would imply that Team Plasma took -all- the Genesect (from the past) and added cannons to -all- their backs.

One could argue that Genesect is revived from a fossil, and Team Plasma just found five of them, revived them, and altered them. Or maybe these five Genesect will be wild (probably), throwing this theory right out the window and just added more layers to Pokemon's "wtf" breeding world.

Pokemon logic, just Pokemon logic

It is very possible that Team Plasma altered more than one Genesect. Although it happened more often that Game Descriptions aren't always the same in movies and the anime, too.

As a Psychic type, Mewtwo is at a huge disadvantage against (also legendary) Bug/Steel types. Do you think Mewtwo's new form comes with a new type to defend against the Genesect?

Why are the Genesect attacking the city and the Pokémon? Are they being used by Team Plasma? Or do they have other reasons?

PMJ said:

It is Team Plasma, they somehow got the funds for an airship in Black 2/White 2, I would think they are able to get the funds to somehow get five fossils in order to modify into the genesect we know and love.

After reading the first page; I wonder why Ash does not recognize Mewtwo. If there are more Mewtwo, it would mean that Team Rocket (I doubt another organization could do it) made more Mewtwo. I'm curious to how Nintendo will make this work.

As for the movie itself, the plot looks quite interesting and I'm looking forward to watch it. I would like to see the battle between Mewtwo and Genesect; mainly because I want to see the powers of Mewtwo's new form.

Back