Pokemon Mailing Out "Special Sneak Peeks" to Select Twitter Users [6/21]

This could cause some people to make fake accounts too. "Hey trainer! Send us your address and we'll mail you something special!" I can see many fake twitter accounts to start doing this. Hopefully they look at the verified symbol.

It's still so hard for me to believe that they actually did this, especially since soliciting information from people is usually a big no-no for a company when the users could potentially be under age. Nevertheless, the message in his inbox did indeed link to their official account. Unless there's a way for DMs to be faked or something.

Water Pokémon Master said:
It's still so hard for me to believe that they actually did this, especially since soliciting information from people is usually a big no-no for a company when the users could potentially be under age. Nevertheless, the message in his inbox did indeed link to their official account. Unless there's a way for DMs to be faked or something.

I'm surprised you didn't just call someone at Nintendo and ask for confirmation (if that's possible)

They're not open on weekends, nor is TPCi, which is why I thought this was even more suspicious. I guess whoever is running this promotion is working from home or something?

Even though this may seen like a Beta OR/AS test game, I have a feeling these are just some packs of Furious Fists.

Edit: What if it's that leaked poster with the silhouettes of the new mega evolutions???

Yeah, watch it be something like a sampling pack with 3 common cards. Or something.

Yeah, watch it be something like a sampling pack with 3 common cards. Or something.

Well they said "special" meaning "greater than usual. Furious Fists is not special. It's normal. But it could easily be special promos that maybe coming to America later this year....then again, I have a feeling that's it's more special than cards. I'll find out within a week and half's time?

And the fact that they've never done this before, leads me to believe that's this quite special...

Teeboy23 said:

Well they said "special" meaning "greater than usual. Furious Fists is not special. It's normal. But it could easily be special promos that maybe coming to America later this year....then again, I have a feeling that's it's more special than cards. I'll find out within a week and half's time?

And the fact that they've never done this before, leads me to believe that's this quite special...

Pokémon does have a history of underperforming, saying things that are not nessicarily true, and making things seem much better than they are. Look at Black and White Kyurem. They said they were brand new original Pokémon and teased that they were the "Original Dragons", while in reality we got two forms of Kyurem that around half of the fanbase approved of. I highly doubt that they would give out something truly special to a random twitter user that followed them, more than likely this is something small.

To be fair, a pack or cards from a set that's supposed to be released in 3 months is somewhat decent.

Why cant this be on Facebook also =/

I want free Pokemon Stuffs but im not on Twitter D=

Reggie McGigas said:
Even though this may seen like a Beta OR/AS test game, I have a feeling these are just some packs of Furious Fists.

Edit: What if it's that leaked poster with the silhouettes of the new mega evolutions???

It's going to be a working beta of Pokken Fighters and screenshots revealing Pokemon Snap on the WiiU.

This really sounds like a scam. Anything that asks for my home address I'm completely skeptical of. Even if it is just Pokemon.

Reggie McGigas said:
Teeboy23 said:

Pokémon does have a history of underperforming, saying things that are not nessicarily true, and making things seem much better than they are. Look at Black and White Kyurem. They said they were brand new original Pokémon and teased that they were the "Original Dragons", while in reality we got two forms of Kyurem that around half of the fanbase approved of. I highly doubt that they would give out something truly special to a random twitter user that followed them, more than likely this is something small.

To be fair, a pack or cards from a set that's supposed to be released in 3 months is somewhat decent.

It doesn't seem like they would make such a big deal over some random cards. However, I could see them being some very rare promos signed by the artist themselves. Something like that. Not just a random sampling pack.

There's also the possibility that their twitter account was hacked, but it's not like they're asking for credit card or personal information, so I don't know. Still, I would advise anyone not to send their physical address to them until we get official confirmation. Call me paranoid, but I just don't trust this, especially with what happen back in 2001 with the anthrax attacks.

Teeboy23 said:
Reggie McGigas said:

It doesn't seem like they would make such a big deal over some random cards. However, I could see them being some very rare promos signed by the artist themselves. Something like that. Not just a random sampling pack.

I know you want something good, and I totally understand that. I hope you get something good, just be warned that Pokémon loves to overhype stuff.

scuba steveE said:
There's also the possibility that their twitter account was hacked, but it's not like they're asking for credit card or personal information, so I don't know.

I'd agree if the DM was asking to be sent his address over Twitter, but what's the likelihood that a hacker got to TPCI's Twitter and the email address they want the address sent to?

The-Kaiser said:
Why cant this be on Facebook also =/

I want free Pokemon Stuffs but im not on Twitter D=
It's not like every Twitter follower gets this or anything anyway. .___.

scuba steveE said:
There's also the possibility that their twitter account was hacked, but it's not like they're asking for credit card or personal information, so I don't know. Still, I would advise anyone not to send their physical address to them until we get official confirmation. Call me paranoid, but I just don't trust this, especially with what happen back in 2001 with the anthrax attacks.
I don't see what anyone could possibly do with your address... Seriously, I know like an near "infinite" number of addresses but what on earth do I do with them? Send a random stranger who likes Pokémon a pile of dog poo for telling me their specific address? ó__ò

Back