Pokemon Pokemon Company Courting Hollywood for Live Action Pokemon Movie!

Oooooo.... Funny enough, I just finished watching Pacific Rim for the first time. Perhaps that's a sign?

I wonder what the plot would be about. I mean... The first episode of the anime isn't really movie worthy, after all, so it kinda leaves GOOD plot ideas from the anime somewhat limited. (Then again, there's always the Mewtwo movie, but that wasn't exactly plot heavy, just REEALLY slow progressing.) Maybe something from the manga or Pokemon Origins might work.

----EDIT----

Just finished reading the original article. Now I've got a bad feeling about this...

Last edited:
Oh God no why?! *furiously checks calendar hoping to have been groundhog'ing april fools for two weeks*

When you happen to be online and see this on the front page. You look confused and read the news and said, "Pokemon. Why the hell did you choose to do this?" First a super bowl ad then this? Pokemon must be one filthy rich company to do all this.

Ummmm.... Uhhhh...... Urrrr....

I can't figure out what on earth to say about this. -_-

As cool as the idea for a live-action Pokémon film is, if this actually happens I'm afraid it will be just like Dragonball Evolution... I think some things just don't work as live-action films...

If it's Legendary I can just assume it'll have something to do with the most rampaging kaiju-like Pokemon they can find.

But I won't judge till it comes out.

I really don't know if I like the sound of live action... >_>

It'd had to be reeeeeally well put together in the cinematic department.

To be frank, it'll have to be a darn good movie to not be completely crud. I could most certainly see an animated movie(Then again, we have plenty of movies for the anime), but a live action... I mean... Legendary makes relatively good movies, so let's hang on to that one shiny grain of hope, shall we?
Also, sweet Arceus, I hope it won't involve Ash Ketchup or his rat in any way...

I can't see Pokemon being adapted on live action movie. If they do make a movie out of it, they must do it with RED and not with ASH for crying out loud.

I liked Pacific Rim because it was self-aware enough to work. But depending on who becomes attached to this, I may just not watch it, and get my jollies from the fallout. And If it really is as bad as "live action Pokémon movie" sounds on paper, we'll finally see how recession-proof this franchise is.

*Has dreaded flashbacks of Avatar: The Last Airbender*

Please, let's not go through that again *Shudder*

Anyways, it would need ash, and hopefully the CGI for the pokemon would be decent

Back