Pokemon Pokemon Company Courting Hollywood for Live Action Pokemon Movie!

No, no, hear me out before saying anything. You only need to find the right angle! this is my pitch:

"A child, alone.

He's cursed, and he knows it now; since he was 10 years old, he has roamed the world.
That was 200 years ago. The oceans dried since then, the cities are now wastelands; the mountains deserts; everybody he's ever cared for and loved has died; his best friend and pet was the harshest of them all.

Haunted by the last breath of everyone he once knew, he gave up on happiness and friendship centuries ago, but he remains as dumb as a dumb 10-year old.

Now, he just walks the dystopian landscapes of Kanto, occasionally reminiscing about happier times whenever he passes by something he barely remembers, and tries to find a way to lift his curse and at last, grow old and die."

See? it would be like Memento meets Rashomon meets Pokemon; it would be an instant success with the people who went to see Batman V Superman: now batman murders too, and Star Wars: episode VII: episode IV again. We'd be rich!

Oh, and in end, he fails to lift his curse because he's so stupid, and continues living! instant twist ending and hook for a sequel.

If I was to write it, the internal conflict would circle around family honor. I would explore Ash's family heritage that shows his father did a dishonorable act in pokemon that destroyed the family name. This internal conflict would drive ash to restore the family name. Only by becoming the best world and doing it clean it would drive him being the best world.

Ash though is so conflicted with doing it clean it would force him to do things others would not. I would set up a world where when certain trainers use devices that are considered legal, like Ultra ball, they actually take years of life off their Pokemon. Ash, because of his background would never do this, because he would feel like it would cheat his family name. However, in order to win the pressure mounts. Will ash be forced to take year or two off life of his pokemon to win, or accept defeat never being able to restore his family name to pokemon greatness?

This conflict parallels sports with cortisone shots and other drugs that considered legal but are being used, and are completely taking years off athletes lives because all it does is mask the pain.

Seriously, though if anyone wants to write a script with me, PM me. I'm an avid fantasy and sci-fi writer, but scripts are best written in teams, cultivated over time.

Last edited:
Back