BW/BW2 Pokemon Black and White U.S Names(guess)

KingBuum

Its Pronounced King BOOM
Do you guys have any idea what MIGHT be the names of the new Pokemon Black & White pokemon? Well, post an example and see how the others rate it!

I think Smugleaf=Tsutarja :D

@Playerking95 I personally think Futachimaru will maintain it's japaneese name. Samurtide just doesnt seem to fit it.

It's too japanese for that to stay the same, i was going to name mijumaru's 2nd stage futachimaru but it turned out different to what i expect, plus some people like this name so i will say samuride or samurtide.

I'm HOPING that names won't get dubbed. Sure we won't get jokes such as hihidaruma (baboon daruma), but the Japanese had to suffer with Jenosekuto... which is more English-based. I could not tell you why some names get dubbed the way they do. We've seen a lack of dubbed names in the lack games (which I prefer). Lucario is a direct Americanization of Rucario, the name in Japanese. Make the names easy for Americans to say, and I'm happy. For example, Genosect is fine... because that's kinda what the name sounds like.

It is. Somehow. Offspring of a daruma doll and an ape. But whether it's an orang utan gorilla or baboon or monkey or wtv nobody knows for sure. But who cares it owns. Lol.

Here's what I think

Chillarmy- will keep its name
Victini- Will keep its name
Enbuoo(3rd Evo of Fire Starter)-Emboar
Munna- will keep its name
Tabunne- will keep its name
Gear- will stay the same
Gigear- will stay the same
Gigigear- will stay the same
Zoroark- will stay the same
Shinporah- will stay the same
Zorua- will stay the same

Yeah, like Zero said, I sure hope the names such as Genosect, Victini, etc, will keep their Japanese names. I'd really like the fighting trio to keep their romanized names (Cobalon, Terrakion, and Virizion), as well as Wargle, Sazando, Waruvial, and a few others.

All of the Legendary's names are very English. They're not going to change.

Except I can see Vinctini being spelled Victiny by TPCi.

If they change Wargle, I'm going to complain so much. How do you mess that up?

I hope Tabunne stays the same.

its gonna be hard to get used to the English names when they are revealed. i like hihidaruma and sazando, they should stay the same. Samurtide is beast. thats my favorite fan nickname so far.

Player, "hihi" means baboon. I'm guessing they are going to rename some... like hihidaruma. Not too many people know what Daruma is... I bet it is going to be called "doll mode". I would assume most will either receive direct translations (If we see BaboonDoll...lol) or something close. I still support simply romanizing the names... making them easy to say (gigagagear perhaps..)

Yes but it's features are of an ape, it name will probably be something with baboon but it would be weird seeing as it looks like an ape. I hope Hihidaruma, Tabuune and the legendaries keep their names. Spinectar for the grass/shield(Spin and Nectar because it's a grass type).

@Playerking95
We've been through this, and I don't think anyone here appreciates it anymore about you reminding everyone why you don't feel that it is a baboon or whatever.

@janobii
Legendary names have a high tendency to be retained and romanised. I think Heatran, the lake trio except uxie, and the bird trio are probably the only few exceptions.

But it is appearance wise, we've gone over this and i've told you why it is.

Serplant for Jalorda
Otterfall for Daikenki(Probably not)
Boaruption for Pokabu's stage 2.
Darumonkey for Darumakka
and Darumape for Hihidaruma.

Playerking95 said:
But it is appearance wise

Pokemon designs are subjective. They are not 100% carbon copies of real animals. I myself personally don't see Pidgey as looking like a Pigeon, or Meowth as looking like a (proper) cat, or Shimama as a zebra (because it doesn't have black stripes), or Pendoraa as a (proper) centipede (has only 4 legs). There is no right or wrong way to perceive an artistic design.

You're saying as long as there is one guy out there who thinks differently from you and doesn't see Hihidaruma as an ape, you're going to go all out to try and persuade him to change his point of view?

It's just marketing stuff. Kinda like say, when Apple markets the iPhone4 and says it's all fantastic and better and improved and oh look what happened with the antenna.

If they have really stupid names, i will be pissed.

Wotter for miju.
Serplant for tsu
BBQ for pokabu!

I think the Hitomoshi line could be:
Candwisp (from candle and wisp)
Lamwisp (from lamp and wisp)
Chanderia (corruption of chandelier)

And the Vanipeti line:
Vanilittle (from vanilla and little)
Vanirichi (from vanilla and rich)
Flavanila (from flavor and vanilla)

My votes for the only ones I've put any thought into:
Tsutarja line: Serplant-Vyplant-Ivyper
Pokabu line: Pignite-Pignition-Emboar
Mijumaru line: Wotter- Dojotter-Samutide
most if not all legends will stay the same.
hihidaruma: Baboom, or darumonkey-darumape as mentioned earlier
and if anyone brings up the name Snivy I will go on a rampage!

Back