'Pokekyun Collection' Mini-Set Coming January!

This is a stage 1 of chandulure. The already mentioned ability is better on a stage 1 and the attack is also similar, but is only 4 damage counters rather than 6 so it is leveled out I would say.

Last edited:
This being re-printed really hints towards the EX reprint. In order to match up to B&W(Which XY really takes after), we are going to see the EX reprints of Xerneas and Yveltal. Needless to say- Xerneas is getting re-printed, so M Gardevoir is probably gonna get some new tricks(Who wants to bet Aromatisse will get re-printed), since It, Xerneas, and Max Potion are getting very recent re-prints.

Maybe Froslass/ Marowak BREAK/ Milotic (the one that KOes itself and attach 3 energy)?

3 Evo lines would be a bit tricky to co-ordinate, but it would definitely be a good idea! Marowak/Milotic/Lugia or something would also be good.

That ability is amazing! But I'm confused... Put 4 damage counters... anyway you like? Like, can I just put 4 Fifty damage counters or does it just mean put 4 Ten damage counters for Forty damage?! But anyway, the art is amazing! The Cherry Blossoms in the back are beautiful! The ripple effect on the bottom of the card looks great too! It seems like the kind of card that I need to have the reverse version of!

That ability is amazing! But I'm confused... Put 4 damage counters... anyway you like? Like, can I just put 4 Fifty damage counters or does it just mean put 4 Ten damage counters for Forty damage?! But anyway, the art is amazing! The Cherry Blossoms in the back are beautiful! The ripple effect on the bottom of the card looks great too! It seems like the kind of card that I need to have the reverse version of!
A 50 counter actually counts as 5 damage counters, so no, you can't do that. The text means you can put each damage counter on any Pokémon; for example, you can put two on one Pokémon, one on another, and one on yet another. Or you can just put all four on one. You have that kind of freedom with the attack.

A 50 counter actually counts as 5 damage counters, so no, you can't do that. The text means you can put each damage counter on any Pokémon; for example, you can put two on one Pokémon, one on another, and one on yet another. Or you can just put all four on one. You have that kind of freedom with the attack.
So if a card says, for example, "one damage counter" it means 10 damage correct? Sorry, I'm actually just getting into the TCG and I don't know everything about it.
I came here because I seek KNOWLEDGE!

So if a card says, for example, "one damage counter" it means 10 damage correct? Sorry, I'm actually just getting into the TCG and I don't know everything about it.
I came here because I seek KNOWLEDGE!
Yep, exactly. One damage counter = 10 damage, always.

For example, here's something a lot of people get confused about: M Glalie-EX's Cryo Mouth, which requires 10 damage counters to do more damage. A lot of threads have been made on the PTCGO forums asking why it doesn't do more damage when it has 10 damage on it, but those people don't realize that 10 damage counters = 100 damage. So the attack isn't nearly as overpowered as it might seem. XD

Immediate thought on where Froslass fits is in Archiestoise, but the card is out classed by AT Articuno. With that in mind, the next thought should be where does it fit in standard meta decks atm, and the answer is it really doesn't yet. BreakPoint Palkia could be an excellent partner for standard, but again the issue of AT Articuno comes up. So, if you want to play a Water deck that accelerates energy, you will choose to play Articuno over Froslass every time. Where Frosslass can fit in would be in a fairy box, perhaps, or a Bronzong deck, but multiple stage 1's is always an issue to navigate. A deck that already plays trick coin could consider a line of Froslass, too. I am excited about this card, from a viability stand point, and I won't be surprised to see it crop up on occasion.

This is the first time Froslass has had a retreat cost other than 1 star. A 2 star retreat doesn't really suit Froslass, but I get they want to cut down on the mobility with that ability.

There might be a Froslass BREAK to make it better.
Regardless, Fainting Spell on a Stage 1? This is quite unreal.

OH MY GOD IS THAT A POKE PUFF IN THE REFLECTION OF ITS EYES??? *continues to vomit rainbows due to the unwieldy cuteness*

If a shaymin KOs this what resolves first, Froslass' ability or Shaymin going back to the hand.

Back