'Pokekyun Collection' Mini-Set Coming January!

I doubt it, but I wonder if this will include that Pikachu 7-11 promo. Either way can't wait for this one's localization.

It's the next Girl's booster pack. I really loved the art selection when they did this in BW (The gorgeous full-art EX's from that set HNNNNNNG), these are probably gonna be reprints of stuff we already have.

Shiny Collection Pt. 2 anyone? I kind of like that they've started doing these mini-sets semi-regularly; they always have nice and cute artwork.

I hope that set will be a subset for the main XY sets in the upcoming months.
I'm so excited to see them. So,I'll always check it out.

I'm just ordering one box this time, myself. I always end up with way too many extras when I order 2 boxes. ~_~;

I'm just ordering one box this time, myself. I always end up with way too many extras when I order 2 boxes. ~_~;

Yeah its a 32 card set with 80 cards per box, should definitely be able to complete the set in one box, maybe 2 complete sets. Im only getting 2 boxes because i plan on keeping one sealed for my japanese box collection.

Oh no. Cuteness levels are too high
I expect several lawsuits to be made after innocent consumers of these packs are found dead on the floor.

We don't need reprints of Base Set cards. We need more spiritual successors of them, like how Reuniclus BW, Blastoise BCR, etc. were based on Alakazam, Blastoise, etc. Most Base Set cards simply don't compare to today's cards, ignoring a few overpowered Trainers. Though at this point, we've already gotten cards based on most of the cards that would translate over well. In addition, since BW, we've basically had every single Base Set Trainer or a card based heavily on it, a good chunk of which are still Standard-legal. Actually, counting Pokemon Center, which was completely remade, and counting Cheren/Tierno as Bill successors, we've had every single one, right down to Pokemon Flute (Target Whistle), Clefairy Doll (Robo Substitute) and freaking Maintenance. A couple are a stretch (Defender/Hard Charm, Lass/Ghetsis, Impostor Oak/Red Card, Energy Removal/Crushing Hammer), but we've had them all. OK, to be fair, there is one we haven't had. But does anyone really want an equivalent to Super Energy Removal?

I guess there's a handful of not fully evolved Pokemon they could just give us outright, but not many considering how resistance was changed. Something like Magikarp, Seel or Caterpie could work. But at that point, why bother? (OK, to be fair, I would personally find it cool, as I did with the KSS Pawniard being a reprint, but most wouldn't as they're pretty bad.) The only fully-evolved Pokemon (from Base Set's perspective) that I could see coming in their original form are Arcanine (who would still be fairly bad, but about on par with Japanese deck filler), Ninetales (also fairly bad, but believable) and Electabuzz (who could actually work out well considering Electivire is now a thing). Hmm, actually, I guess there's Venusaur, too... That could work.

Do we know what the other "cute" Pokemon are? I can name a lot off the top of my head that are cuter than those listed.

Back